Most Americans do not support the Liberal's social agenda - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-09-2015, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
SASsy

Language: King's English
My Mood: Stressed
Arrow

Most Americans do not support the Liberal's social agenda

Liberals have won a series of victories on social issues. Most Americans aren’t thrilled about it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...lled-about-it/

Liberals have won a string of victories on gay marriage and health care reform this year, but a new Washington Post-ABC News poll finds a large majority of Americans are unhappy with where the nation is headed on social issues.

Sixty three percent of people say they are uncomfortable with the country's overall direction on social issues these days; four in 10 feel "strongly" uncomfortable about the nation's changes.

The downbeat results in the aftermath of a series of landmark Supreme Court rulings earlier this summer runs parallel to how people see the nation's overall direction -- 65 percent say it's on the wrong track in the survey -- and both these views are colored by partisanship and views of President Obama. Over 8 in 10 of both Republicans and those who disapprove of President Obama say they are uncomfortable about the nation's shifts on social issues.

Americans who see themselves on the losing side of these high-profile debates are, not surprisingly, most negative about the nation's direction on social issues. Among those who oppose the recent Supreme Court decision upholding the federal health care law, 80 percent are uncomfortable with the nation's direction on social issues. A similar 79 percent who oppose the Court's decision to legalize same-sex marriage in all states say they are uncomfortable, as are 76 percent who oppose efforts to ban Confederate flag displays on government property.

The poll finds all three issues are fairly divisive among the public at-large, with large shares seeing policy shift in a direction at odds with their views. A slim 52 percent majority supports the recent Supreme Court ruling legalizing gay marriage across the country while 44 percent oppose the decision. That is a narrower split in opinion than other surveys have found asking more general opinions on gay marriage.

The public divides more closely on the Supreme Court ruling on the Affordable Care Act with 45 percent in support and 42 percent in opposition. There is a similarly split opinion on the Confederate flag, with 46 percent in support of efforts to ban displaying the flag on government property and 44 percent opposed.

Discontent with the direction of social issues is rooted in the fact that those who oppose many of these specific issues are far more unhappy than the winners are happy about the Supreme Court and flag results. For those who support the gay marriage Court ruling, only 48 percent say they are comfortable with the direction on social issues. But for those who oppose the Court decision, 79 percent are uncomfortable with the direction.

Some core Democratic groups are finding a disconnect with the rapid change in social issues as well. Fifty-one percent of non-whites, a growing group of Democratic supporters, say they are uncomfortable with the pace of social change. Two-thirds of women also say they are uncomfortable, as are 50 percent of adults under age 30.

What appeared to be overwhelming wins for President Obama in June and July are not resonating with his base quite as soundly as may have been expected. As Republican and Democratic presidential candidates look to the key issues in the 2016 election, the role of the wealth gap is a far more unifying issue than changing social issues. Nearly 7 in 10 say the economic system favors the wealthy, something Democrats and Republicans agree upon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-09-2015, 04:31 PM
SAS Member

What an oddly chosen headline this article has.

In every single example they cited, there were more Americans supporting the 'liberal' side of the issue than opposing it.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-09-2015, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
SASsy

Language: King's English
My Mood: Stressed
This is why Democrats have been routed in the last few midterm elections.

Since Obama's election in 2008, Democrats have wracked up net losses amounting to more than 1,000 seats in state legislatures, almost 70 House seats, 13 Senate seats and 12 governors' mansions.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-09-2015, 04:44 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Busy
Overreach by President Barack Obama and his sycophants in the liberal mainstream media have led to a state of affairs where a plurality of Americans now view the "social justice" movement with a great deal of negativity.

Think about it. Simply opposing illegal immigration, being against transgender men using female restrooms or speaking openly about radical Islamic terrorism automatically makes you a "racist" or "bigot" in the eyes of "social justice" fools. The same thing applies to anyone who dares utter just a tiny peep about the real epidemic of black criminality, the statistics of which, by the way, make the BLM tripe about police brutality look like a joke.

The "social justice" movement has become so stupid that even "South Park" is now mocking it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZDK_LG9DuU

Libs think they got the 2016 election in a bag, but I tell you ... they are in for a big shocker. I follow this stuff closely as per my work, and trust me when I say that backlash is on its way ...

"If you are not a liberal at 20, you have no heart. If you are not a conservative at 30, you have no brain."
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-09-2015, 07:01 PM
Permanently Banned

Similar to how the feminist movement received major backlash during the 80s and the rise of conservatism.

The United States really does hate progress.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-09-2015, 07:11 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Amused
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCod View Post
Similar to how the feminist movement received major backlash during the 80s and the rise of conservatism.

The United States really does hate progress.
Feminism isn't about progress. Men's rights have been subjugated by feminists in favor of women rights. Popular feminist think tanks make claims such as 'men cannot experience sexism' and 'men are rapist by nature and need to be taught not to rape' and other nonsense. Some college campuses have forced male students to take classes on how 'not to rape'. It's utterly ridiculous! And many of these extreme positions are winning over legislators in states like New York and California. Very scary..

iCod we need to have a long discussion. There is a wave of the liberal movement that is radical and just as bad as the far right wing. I have noticed you post TYT videos on here in the past. Be very careful because TYT is part of the problem in the liberal media.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 02:33 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsaxena View Post
Overreach by President Barack Obama and his sycophants in the liberal mainstream media have led to a state of affairs where a plurality of Americans now view the "social justice" movement with a great deal of negativity.

Think about it. Simply opposing illegal immigration, being against transgender men using female restrooms or speaking openly about radical Islamic terrorism automatically makes you a "racist" or "bigot" in the eyes of "social justice" fools. The same thing applies to anyone who dares utter just a tiny peep about the real epidemic of black criminality, the statistics of which, by the way, make the BLM tripe about police brutality look like a joke.

The "social justice" movement has become so stupid that even "South Park" is now mocking it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZDK_LG9DuU

Libs think they got the 2016 election in a bag, but I tell you ... they are in for a big shocker. I follow this stuff closely as per my work, and trust me when I say that backlash is on its way ...

"If you are not a liberal at 20, you have no heart. If you are not a conservative at 30, you have no brain."
I actually agree with some of what you said, but that retarded quote at the end is simply retarded, and has been around for awhile. "If you're a conservative at any age then you're brain dead". See, anybody can create a quote and make like it's true.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 03:19 AM
SAS Member

People will dig up articles about what they want to hear. Being raised conservative I have seen the error of my ways. I support Bernie Sanders for president, there are very few liberal ideas I don't agree with.

Quote me if you reply to my posts, so I'll be notified to respond.
Looking for Skype groups, add v1530545
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 03:23 AM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignopius View Post
Feminism isn't about progress. Men's rights have been subjugated by feminists in favor of women rights. Popular feminist think tanks make claims such as 'men cannot experience sexism' and 'men are rapist by nature and need to be taught not to rape' and other nonsense. Some college campuses have forced male students to take classes on how 'not to rape'. It's utterly ridiculous! And many of these extreme positions are winning over legislators in states like New York and California. Very scary..

iCod we need to have a long discussion. There is a wave of the liberal movement that is radical and just as bad as the far right wing. I have noticed you post TYT videos on here in the past. Be very careful because TYT is part of the problem in the liberal media.
They have been giving classes in college campuses on how not to rape?
That's gotta be some ridiculous dream.
I'll wake up very soon, I hope... lol
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 06:04 AM
SAS Member

The headline should be "Fewer Americans Do Not Support The Liberal Social Agenda", because it is something like 80% want more background checks on guns and close the loopholes, nothing bad has changed since gay marriage became legal so no moderate/independent cares, and most Americans are in favor of a clean environment and producing more clean energy in the US. &0% of people are in favor of doing something about income inequality like the last paragraph in the article said

The transgender thing is just a wedge issue with pure Republican spin to make it about bathrooms and not any of the other topics that it would cover.

The GOP/Tea Party has never been on the right side of a social issue in the last 100 years, I doubt that will change anytime soon.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 07:40 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlIlIlIrlpoloIlIlIlI View Post
People will dig up articles about what they want to hear. Being raised conservative I have seen the error of my ways. I support Bernie Sanders for president, there are very few liberal ideas I don't agree with.
......it's all dreamy until the nightmare begins.

Bernie will never be President.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 07:41 AM
Chlorine and Wine

My Mood: Dead
Get on the right side of history.

Here's to life, the vice
The great herald of misery
In this cup, spiritus frumenti
For this is the nectar of the spirit
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 08:00 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenniumman75 View Post
......it's all dreamy until the nightmare begins.

Bernie will never be President.
I'm sure that's what you were thinking about the democratic black guy who just won twice in a row. Explain the nightmare situation ha, what is it your afraid of?

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 08:20 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
I'm sure that's what you were thinking about the democratic black guy who just won twice in a row. Explain the nightmare situation ha, what is it your afraid of?

He won twice in a row because he catered to a demographic that was easy to take advantage of! YOU GOT PLAYED and can't admit it!

He's doubled our debt,
allowed convicts to go free,
brought in millions of immigrants at once so we would have to pay for them,
ignored ISIS,
withdrew from Iraq leading to ISIS (can't blame that on Bush - Obama's a dumb*** on foreign policy)
Released terrorists from Guantanamo who are actively planning our demise.
Openly tried to have campaign people sent to other countries to vote them out or have them removed.
Forced a health care system that can't be maintained down our throats,
could not stand up to Vladimir Putin.
Produced a severely flawed accord with Iran - they will have a nuclear weapon now.

.....it goes on and on. I haven't even gotten into his Cabinet!

Imagine trying to have a career and trying to earn money with a job under this President and it's a whole different story.

millenniumman75

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 08:37 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
He won twice in a row because he catered to a demographic that was easy to take advantage of! YOU GOT PLAYED and can't admit it!

He's doubled our debt,
allowed convicts to go free,
brought in millions of immigrants at once so we would have to pay for them,
ignored ISIS,
withdrew from Iraq leading to ISIS (can't blame that on Bush - Obama's a dumb*** on foreign policy)
Released terrorists from Guantanamo who are actively planning our demise.
Openly tried to have campaign people sent to other countries to vote them out or have them removed.
Forced a health care system that can't be maintained down our throats,
could not stand up to Vladimir Putin.
Produced a severely flawed accord with Iran - they will have a nuclear weapon now.

.....it goes on and on. I haven't even gotten into his Cabinet!

Imagine trying to have a career and trying to earn money with a job under this President and it's a whole different story.
I meant the negatives of Bernie, but anyways since you've got a lot of hostility and since I haven't been negatively impacted by any of the things you've listed...if anyone's been "played?" it would have to be you ha.

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 09:05 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
I meant the negatives of Bernie, but anyways since you've got a lot of hostility and since I haven't been negatively impacted by any of the things you've listed...if anyone's been "played?" it would have to be you ha.
No, not really - I knew in 2008 that this President was a mess - I had no idea he'd be this bad for our country, but it certainly doesn't put anyone on the Democratic side in a positive light. This country has been run into the ground.

Bernie would end the country. Western Europe is not the shining example of what we want. My grandparents didn't leave Europe for another Europe.

millenniumman75

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 10:33 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
No, not really - I knew in 2008 that this President was a mess - I had no idea he'd be this bad for our country, but it certainly doesn't put anyone on the Democratic side in a positive light. This country has been run into the ground.

Bernie would end the country. Western Europe is not the shining example of what we want. My grandparents didn't leave Europe for another Europe.
Lol agree to disagree I guess. I just find it funny how over zealous you get, while you haven't actually said anything that Obama has done or the next democratic president would do, that would have any negative impact on me. I don't make decisions based upon grandparents ha. Democrats got the minority vote, women vote, young American vote... I'm open minded and if your train of thought isn't like mine that's ok, just different ways of looking at things.

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 11:11 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
When Obama took office the parking lot at my commuter train station was half empty because so many people lost their jobs. The economy was hemorrhaging jobs. We were losing over 500K jobs per month. Today, it's full again and I struggle to find parking.

Quote:
The Bureau of Labor Statistics released a far stronger than expected October jobs report Friday.

The latest employment data shows employers in the United States adding 271,000 jobs last month. The report also shows the unemployment rate dropping to 5%, a level not seen since April 2008, after two months in a row at 5.1%. Economists were anticipating just 177,000 payroll additions and for the unemployment rate to remain steady.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/samantha...ate-down-to-5/

If Obama were a Republican and Bush a Democrat you would be celebrating what a great job he has done turning around the disaster that the previous administration left behind.

And you blame Obama for ISIS and not Bush who unnecessarily invaded Iraq in the first place? You think American troops should sit in Iraq forever? Or until terrorism ends? That's your "conservative" approach?

You think it makes sense to keep letting Americans die in Iraq and keep exploding our budget forever? That's essentially how conservatives think.

Obama has cut the deficit he inherited by half. That's a fact. That would never have happened with a Republican doubling down on Iraq and Afghanistan.

“We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.”

― Kurt Vonnegut
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 11:25 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelClare View Post
When Obama took office the parking lot at my commuter train station was half empty because so many people lost their jobs. The economy was hemorrhaging jobs. We were losing over 500K jobs per month. Today, it's full again and I struggle to find parking.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/samantha...ate-down-to-5/

If Obama were a Republican and Bush a Democrat you would be celebrating what a great job he has done turning around the disaster that the previous administration left behind.

And you blame Obama for ISIS and not Bush who unnecessarily invaded Iraq in the first place? You think American troops should sit in Iraq forever? Or until terrorism ends? That's your "conservative" approach?

You think it makes sense to keep letting Americans die in Iraq and keep exploding our budget forever? That's essentially how conservatives think.

Obama has cut the deficit he inherited by half. That's a fact. That would never have happened with a Republican doubling down on Iraq and Afghanistan.
That's only one field. There are others like mine, where the insurance cost is so high, they won't hire!

For places like fast-food restaurants, they literally have signs that say "up to 28 hours".....that's under the Obamacare's 30 hour threshold.

People would have to get TWO 28 hour jobs to earn enough money (for Obamacare, likely) - they are likely not to get a 30+ hour job as a supplement/second job....they'd dump the uninsured job if they were making enough. Still, Obama counts that as two jobs, effectively skewing the jobs reports.

Add to the fact that there are 93,000,000 people out of work for so long, they aren't counted....that also skews the unemployment rate downward.

Obama can say "oh, look at the numbers! Look what I did!", but millions of people are disagreeing, and Hillary is just like him in that area.

Looks are deceiving. Big time with this President.

millenniumman75

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 11:28 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Lol agree to disagree I guess. I just find it funny how over zealous you get, while you haven't actually said anything that Obama has done or the next democratic president would do, that would have any negative impact on me. I don't make decisions based upon grandparents ha. Democrats got the minority vote, women vote, young American vote... I'm open minded and if your train of thought isn't like mine that's ok, just different ways of looking at things.
I don't know if other Presidents would do what this one has done.
Although, hearing about some of the things that happened during the Clinton Adminstration was scary, too.

I just don't want to pay for people who are two lazy and irresponsible to handle themselves.

I am a techie and have the "get you head out of your APPS" mentality.

millenniumman75

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page