Male circumcision in USA - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 01:45 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: I have a one tongue and that is not English
My Mood: Cheeky

Male circumcision in USA

Is this common to whites too in USA or is it more to those who has a religious (non christian) backround? How do mothers think about this and what the law says? Apparently it is not a mutilation because parents would be fined then?
Is it just a common thing to slit babies and everyone are thinking it is normal or is there more who does not want to slit their kids? Or is it a thingy like a nose job that guys are getting it later in life?
I am not interest in sexual content of it but why it is not a mutilation in peoples and laws eyes.

Any good links?

No, I don't speak English and that is a secret of my happiness!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 09:24 AM
Hufflepuff

My Mood: Lurking
Western countries still has that disgusting accepting view on religions and their practices, despite these cults do horrible mutilations like this. Do whatever you want to your own body when your old enough to understand the consequences, but the new born child doesn't have the consent. Sure male circumcisions may have health benefits in some cases, but I don't think we should cut off all the possible body parts, just because they may cause diseases in some cases? "Lets remove the baby's eyes to prevent retinoblastoma" '

And we all know these are not done for the sake of health...

Hopefully the increased amount of Muslims in the west with their illegal female mutilations will shed light to this and this will be banned for good. Why not make it illegal to practice religion before you turn 18 and then you can chop off your penis like an adult! (I know cults want to start brainwashing children from the birth)

Quote:
Thanks mum and dad for making life lasting physical mutilations to my body! Anything for YOUR beliefs

Reject modernity, embrace monke
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
"Lets remove the baby's eyes to prevent retinoblastoma" '
lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
Hopefully the increased amount of Muslims in the west with their illegal female mutilations will shed light to this and this will be banned for good. Why not make it illegal to practice religion before you turn 18 and then you can chop off your penis like an adult! (I know cults want to start brainwashing children from the birth)

I hope so.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 09:31 PM
SAS Member

Language: 英語と日本語
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothlinghs View Post
Is this common to whites too in USA or is it more to those who has a religious (non christian) backround? How do mothers think about this and what the law says? Apparently it is not a mutilation because parents would be fined then?
Is it just a common thing to slit babies and everyone are thinking it is normal or is there more who does not want to slit their kids? Or is it a thingy like a nose job that guys are getting it later in life?
I am not interest in sexual content of it but why it is not a mutilation in peoples and laws eyes.

Any good links?
It's more common with people in conservative states. Whites have higher rates of circumcision than blacks.

Quote:
Circumcision rates in the United States vary according to geographic area, socioeconomic status, religious affiliation, insurance coverage, hospital type, and racial and ethnic group. The overall prevalence is estimated to be approximately 80 percent for males aged 14 to 59 years, with most of these procedures performed in newborns. Circumcision rates are highest in the Midwestern states (74 percent), followed by the Northeastern states (67 percent) and Southern states (61 percent), and are lowest in the Western states (30 percent). The rate is higher in non-Hispanic whites (91 percent) than in non-Hispanic blacks (76 percent) and Mexican Americans (44 percent).
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 12:12 PM
Is that what day it is?

My Mood: Dead
It's not religious in the US imo. It depends on the hospital you go to and when you were born, it's more cultural. People are just flat out circumcised practically always in some areas. It's different now because of more awareness.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 07:06 PM
Spectacular Member

Not only can children not consent but they barbarically perform these procedures without anesthetics because they aren't sure babies can feel pain. I was never given a choice. My family is religious.

"It's better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared." -- Whitney Young Jr.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 08:12 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
Somehow it became a weird almost mandatory procedure. I've read many things about it and here is what I recall.

Sometime around World War I, there was anecdotal reports of young American men in the war having problems with foreskin infections due to poor hygiene. The quick and easy solution was circumcision.

As it became more commonplace (and more women started having their babies in hospitals) the doctors who presumably knew of the trending fashion that stemmed from the war, starting asking women if they wanted their male babies circumcised. The funny thing is that the procedure is not performed by the newborn's doctor (pediatrician) but is done by the woman's obstetrician. OB/GYN is a surgical specialty, but still it is odd that this happens. It may simply be because the OB gets to add another paying procedure to his bill. Many Pediatricians do not recommend circumcision, but they are not the ones that ask the mother if the baby will be circumcised.

I did not have my son circumcised. I had a good friend who is now deceased, and we used to talk about all sorts of things. He was very unhappy that his parents had him circumcised. I started reading about it and discovered what a horrible thing it is to do to a little boy. Not the least of the problems is that it robs the man of much sensation during sex. (I myself was circumcised as a baby so I didn't really realize.) I knew about the issues of cleanliness, but I taught my son about the importance of being clean and hopefully he won't carry the tradition.

If people want to do it out of some foolish religious tradition, that is their own business. Doing it as a matter of course to every little boy just to make the OB/GYN a few bucks or to satisfy some concern that is not really valid anymore is nothing short of mutilation.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 09:42 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noca View Post
Not only can children not consent but they barbarically perform these procedures without anesthetics because they aren't sure babies can feel pain. I was never given a choice. My family is religious.

I've heard audio of a baby being circumcised. They definitely feel pain. No baby should make that noise.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 09:43 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Angelic
Why would babies not feel pain ? I felt pain when I was a baby.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 02:16 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
It's not religious in the US imo. It depends on the hospital you go to and when you were born, it's more cultural. People are just flat out circumcised practically always in some areas. It's different now because of more awareness.

They don't even ask from the parents?

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noca View Post

No can be real? Or are you talking about past times?

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBoz View Post

I did not have my son circumcised. I had a good friend who is now deceased, and we used to talk about all sorts of things. He was very unhappy that his parents had him circumcised. I started reading about it and discovered what a horrible thing it is to do to a little boy. Not the least of the problems is that it robs the man of much sensation during sex. (I myself was circumcised as a baby so I didn't really realize.) I knew about the issues of cleanliness, but I taught my son about the importance of being clean and hopefully he won't carry the tradition.
That is good to not carry the tradition. I read a study once which comes to female circumicision among immigrants and the result said second or third generation of immigrants stops cutting traditions in a new country. It is hard to stop it righ away for those who change a country at first time. I believe it is harder to stop in those countries where people keep it normal. USA is interesting because it seems to not a religious case neither a case of being accepted in their culture so it is hard to understand why people are still doing it. Also the target of this brutal violence are men, which is quite rare. Usually all kind of harmfull acts are targeted on women (foot binging, weight controlling, financial weakening etc).

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 02:47 AM
SAS Member

Language: Portuguese, French, German, English
My Mood: Sad
Only common in protestant, Jewish and Muslim circles. Saint Peter (first Pope to whom Christ gave authoritiy over his Church) condemned circumcision according to Acts 15. Saint Paul charged that the advocates of circumcision were "false brothers". Christ himself attacked circumcision a few times.

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist." ~ Our Lady of La Salette
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 02:51 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by komorikun View Post
It's more common with people in conservative states. Whites have higher rates of circumcision than blacks.

This is just one weird thing because I always thought Europe (west) is not cutting. And that part of white population in America which came from Europe... Where they could get idea of cutting their kids in USA (if they do). We are British and moved to America, hmmm, what we could do here? Lets cut babies. I just cannot find any conjunctive factors. Of course what do I know about history of European countries, not much. But in this time it is not allowed to do (except immigrants are having exceptions by cultural reasons, which at same time violates baby's human rights).

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 02:58 AM
SAS Member

Language: Portuguese, French, German, English
My Mood: Sad
Quote:
This is just one weird thing because I always thought Europe (west) is not cutting. And that part of white population in America which came from Europe... Where they could get idea of cutting their kids in USA (if they do). We are British and moved to America, hmmm, what we could do here? Lets cut babies. I just cannot find any conjunctive factors. Of course what do I know about history of European countries, not much. But in this time it is not allowed to do (except immigrants are having exceptions by cultural reasons, which at same time violates baby's human rights).
Most people in the US are protestants. Whites in Catholic countries don't do that. And many people from West Europe who immigrated to the US were protestants escaping the wrath of the Catholic Church.

And the people in charge of the US happen to be either Protestants or Jews who practice circumcision. Didn't you ever notice the media trying to push for circumcision because, apparently, it decreases likelihood of getting HIV?

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist." ~ Our Lady of La Salette
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 06:06 AM
Zodiac Sign: LEO!!!

Male genital mutilation is an outdated, unecessary, and pointless practice. It's removing a part of skin that protects the end of your dick

What sort of sicko thought that it'd be ok to chop off the end of a baby's thing without the baby's understanding, knowledge, or consent ? It's actually awful to imagine. And the parents that allow it aren't much better.

If you're worried about foreskin and getting an infection, then clean your thing and practice half-decent hygiene at least and you'll be OK.

Waiting for a beam to break through here,
A chain-way vision bright and clear.
This must be it,
Longed for Bliss,
First it was so quiet and now I know I am not alone in here.

If you can read this, you must look at my profile page. I like people who have attention to detail, and curiosity.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 10:16 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bitchy
I wonder if a kind of lasting PTSD can result from circumcision or if any studies have been done in that area?

...you gotta keep the goal in mind, develop tunnel vision to a certain extent. it's hard, and it's not for everyone.

~bad baby

"Daisy, may I ask why you're holding Miss Sybil's biscuit jar?"
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-08-2019, 04:42 AM
Zodiac Sign: LEO!!!

People who say the baby doesn't feel pain when half the thing is getting CHOPPED OFF obviously has never caught the end of their winkie in the zipper of their jeans.

Waiting for a beam to break through here,
A chain-way vision bright and clear.
This must be it,
Longed for Bliss,
First it was so quiet and now I know I am not alone in here.

If you can read this, you must look at my profile page. I like people who have attention to detail, and curiosity.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-08-2019, 08:39 AM
SAS Member

Language: English
Male circumcision is definitely wrong. It should only be performed when it's absolutely medically necessary, never when there's even a hope that the foreskin can function. The foreskin is an important part of male anatomy. Anyone who supports it is just brainwashed in the same way that people who perform FGM in those cultures that practice it are, in my opinion.

It's been medically prescribed in the US since like the 1950's, though I've heard that doctors are recommending it less these days, which is a good thing. But it's still absurd that so many still do.

Language is a virus from outer space!

--William Burroughs; Laurie Anderson
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-10-2019, 05:53 AM
Is that what day it is?

My Mood: Dead
Quote:
They don't even ask from the parents?
Correct, back in the day the parents didn't give consent. It was snip snip foreveryone and really hard to avoid.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page