Lonely Virgins - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Yoink

Exclamation

Lonely Virgins

Seems to me that there are a lot of posts on SAS about people who have no friends, are virgins, are lonely, etc.

But these people aren't political. They seem to think that they are unlucky or unworthy.

The truth of the matter is the 1% have stolen their lives. The 1% have stolen their futures.

The 1% have destroyed the unions. The 1% have destroyed the middle class.

The 1% have sent all the jobs to China and India.

The 1% have destroyed our ability to have: jobs, spouses, children, families, futures, etc.

Wake up lonely virgins. Stop blaming yourselves and realize who the real enemy is.

And I always thought this would be
the land of milk and honey
Oh but I came to find out that it's
all hate and money
And there's a canopy of greed holding me down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 01:37 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbath9 View Post
Seems to me that there are a lot of posts on SAS about people who have no friends, are virgins, are lonely, etc.

But these people aren't political. They seem to think that they are unlucky or unworthy.

The truth of the matter is the 1% have stolen their lives. The 1% have stolen their futures.

The 1% have destroyed the unions. The 1% have destroyed the middle class.

The 1% have sent all the jobs to China and India.

The 1% have destroyed our ability to have: jobs, spouses, children, families, futures, etc.

Wake up lonely virgins. Stop blaming yourselves and realize who the real enemy is.

BERNIE SANDERS!

Seriously?

Try the human mind.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Yoink

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenniumman75 View Post
BERNIE SANDERS!

Seriously?

Try the human mind.

Have you no decency?

all hate and money

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 05:40 PM
Poorly Educated

Jesus christ dude.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 05:43 PM
occasionally lesbian NRx

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Quote:

LOL

this forum is full of political people.

Quote:
Stop blaming yourselves and realize who the real enemy is.

My enemies include Rod Fleming, I don't think he's part of the 1%, neoreactionaries (aside from Nick Land who needs to get force femmed by an aggressive transwoman while I sit back and munch on popcorn, for the narrative/theme. He's getting boring and I think deep down he knows that's the direction his performance art needs to go in now. Some creepy subreddit with a wizard cat in the banner stole the idea out of my head so I must be right. including.. This comment... Which wasn't there before when I read the thread because it was posted later. D: to be fair I guess this twitter page has been sort of rp'ing this for some time. And he follows them.. but shut up it was my idea. It's funnier still because Nyx is a username I've used elsewhere a few times cause I like x's) hmm who else... To be updated I suppose.

Think about people Satan might dislike. Eh not really though, I don't really hate most people just sad I can't play with them (in a sadistic sense.)

Edit: OK at this point I've already edited this post several times but it's just really funny reading this:

Quote:
forcefeming him into nyx land sounds like a good way to start
and then the subreddit description which is next to the comment is:

Quote:
A place for philosophical discussion of what's on most thinking minds.

We exist in a culture of narrative and media that increasingly, willfully combines agency-robbing fantasy mythos with instantaneous technological dissemination—a self-mutating proteum of semantics: the spectacle.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 06:19 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Lonely
So rich people are the reason some guys have bad luck and/or skills with women?

This is insane.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 07:08 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGVan View Post
So rich people are the reason some guys have bad luck and/or skills with women?

This is insane.
(edit: holy s*** sorry I wrote way more than I expected)

I think economics has a lot to do with it, especially here in America, we still romanticize the 'American Dream', if you work hard you'll get a good job that can pay for a wife and family, white picket fence, etc. We're still taught gender roles, a "real man" provides, he has a wife and kids and he provides them with a good life.

Back in the day when we were an economy built around manufacturing and the US had the jobs, that was fairly achievable if you were a white male, workers were a 'one wage worker', they were given a wage that could actually provide for a family. But our economy changed, bad trade deals sent jobs over seas, unions were destroyed, women were needing to go out and get jobs to help with a second income, etc etc. But the myth of the American Dream is still taught, we're still taught that we're a meritocracy and that real men provide. Except the last 40 years the costs of living consistently rise and wages stay stagnant, one job can't always provide even a living for a single person, and women are less financially reliant on men, they can do the divorcing. So we have a bunch of white men growing up with certain societal expectations but the economy can't accommodate those expectations.

So they're drawn to things that make them feel like 'real men', like owning and shooting guns especially when frustrated. Also evangelical religions that reinforce the idea of the patriarchy and that women should be subservient to men. They're drawn to things like 'Men's rights' groups, the red pill movement, Jordan Peterson who will teach them to be men and also he'll legitimize anger towards women. etc.

But I agree with you though that regardless of these things if you're someone who's just not very successful socially then that by itself can be the problem, though economic and cultural issues contribute to this problem. If our country is going to give all the power to the so-called 1% then of course they're going to be doing massive tax cuts that go to the top, harsh austerity, and they'll have all the say in where the jobs go. So when these men realize they're financially struggling like the minorities (*clutches pearls*) then its very easy to hear the right-wing rhetoric that the problem is minorities, immigrants, and women.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 08:15 PM
Great White Shark

Language: Galactic Basic, machine language
Oh please. "The evil 1%" conspiracy theory is getting old, and blaming Bill Gates or Richard Branson for someone being a virgin is ridiculous.

People have sex even in North Korean labor camps. The ability to have or not to have sex depends on nothing but the individual.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Yoink

Quote:
As Common Dreams reported in June, Matt Bruenig, founder of the left-wing think tank People's Policy Project, pointed to Federal Reserve data to show that the bottom half of Americans lost $900 billion in wealth between 1989 and 2018.

Thom Hartmann has a great newsletter with links to everything everyone brings up on his show.

www.thomhartmann.com

Quote:
Thom's blog
The Death of the Middle Class & The Rise of Racism
According to new data from the federal reserve, if current trends of the rich getting richer and the middle class getting poorer continues at their current rate, in 33 years the top 10% of Americans will own one hundred percent of all American wealth. Everyone else will be in poverty and in debt. Right wing billionaires like Donald Trump are cheering this on, calling for more tax cuts on rich people and less power for working people through the continuing destruction of unions and fighting the minimum wage.

They tell us that the problem is not corporate monopoly and rich people taking everything for themselves, but instead brown people from south of the border, black people wanting affirmative action, and women wanting equality, what Limbaugh calls "feminazis." They are more than willing to tear up the fabric of American society in exchange for what they think will be a permanent position of wealth and power.

By destroying the American working class, they're fueling class, regional and racial resentment, and then they use that resentment to split us apart and encourage us to hate each other - all so long as we don't point our fingers at them.

-Thom
Here's a sample of the links for today's show

Quote:
Tuesday's Daily Stack
Hour One: The Death of the Middle Class & the Rise of Racism...
Article: "If Inequality Continues to Grow at Current Rate, Richest Americans Will Own 100% of US Wealth in 33 Years: Analysis" by Jake Johnson.
Book: "An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations", Adam Smith, 1776.
Book: Theory of Moral Sentiments, Adam Smith, 1759.
Article: "Feudalism" by Wikipedia.
Article: "Keynesian economics" by Wikipedia.
Quote: "If you feed enough oats to the horse, some will pass through to feed the sparrows" - John Kenneth Galbraith (referring to "trickle down" economics).
Quote:
https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...-100-us-wealth

If Inequality Continues to Grow at Current Rate, Richest Americans Will Own 100% of US Wealth in 33 Years: Analysis

"However you slice it, the rich have been getting richer. Lots richer."

by
Jake Johnson, staff writer

If wealth inequality in the United States continues to soar at its current rate, the top 10 percent of Americans could own 100 percent of the nation's net worth by 2052.

That's according to an analysis by Dallas Morning News finance columnist Scott Burns, who wrote Sunday that the wealthiest Americans "will truly 'have it all' just 33 years from now."

"If they continue to gain share at that rate, they'll have the remaining 22.8 percent of net worth held by the other 90 percent in just 12 more surveys, give or take an upheaval or two."
—Scott Burns, Dallas Morning News

"However you slice it, the rich have been getting richer. Lots richer," wrote Burns, citing Federal Reserve data. "Here are the basics. From 2013 to 2016, the top 10 percent of households increased their share of total wealth from an amazing 75.3 percent to a stunning 77.2 percent. That's a share gain of 1.87 percent in just three years."

"If they continue to gain share at that rate," Burns added, "they'll have the remaining 22.8 percent of net worth held by the other 90 percent in just 12 more surveys, give or take an upheaval or two."

Burns's analysis is just the latest evidence that wealth inequality in the United States, juiced by President Donald Trump's massive tax cuts for the rich, is reaching unprecedented heights.

In February, University of California, Berkeley economist Gabriel Zucman published research showing the top 0.00025 percent—just 400 Americans—owns more wealth than the bottom 150 million Americans.

As Common Dreams reported in June, Matt Bruenig, founder of the left-wing think tank People's Policy Project, pointed to Federal Reserve data to show that the bottom half of Americans lost $900 billion in wealth between 1989 and 2018.

Over that same period, Bruenig found, "the top one percent increased its total net worth by $21 trillion."

all hate and money
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 09:21 PM
monk

Language: english, silence
My Mood: Amazed
lol itd be a big problem if all women were prostitutes and the 1% bought all the sex. pretty sure there would be some kind of rebellion against them at that stage though.

divorce law and defacto relationship status must really **** with some rich peoples lives. whoever created them must have been like hey I know how we can **** with those rich people.

happily, there are left wing woman, right wing women, vegan women, all sorts of women with all sorts of needs. just like there are all sorts of men. i feel like the implicit premise is all women just care about a man's money. can guarantee that is not the case. 100% refund available.

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 12:01 AM
SAS Member

Oh good lord, EVERYBODY lost money in the Recession!
There were like three recessions between 1989 and 2018.

millenniumman75

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 08:04 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Oh good lord, EVERYBODY lost money in the Recession!
There were like three recessions between 1989 and 2018.
The problem though is one class is prioritized so they not only get a quick recovery but they expect to go on to grow their wealth exponentially every time, and the other class not so much.

The Federal Reserve puts out a report every quarter and they're pretty amazing. Use their interactive graph and see for yourself how each bracket of people have done financially since 1989.

https://www.federalreserve.gov/relea...7;units:levels

Spoiler: That 1% has gained $21 Trillion dollars since 1989, the bottom half of Americans have lost about $900 Billion since 1989. That's a group of 120M - 180M people who have collectively lost almost a trillion dollars in net worth while a tiny group of people have gained $21 trillion.

That's on track to continue and considering there's only one inevitable end if it continues, at what point do we make some changes? Tax cuts and austerity propel that divide even quicker, so do we keep doing more and more tax cuts and cut more and more of our social safety net?
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 09:03 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimeclub View Post
The problem though is one class is prioritized so they not only get a quick recovery but they expect to go on to grow their wealth exponentially every time, and the other class not so much.

The Federal Reserve puts out a report every quarter and they're pretty amazing. Use their interactive graph and see for yourself how each bracket of people have done financially since 1989.

https://www.federalreserve.gov/relea...7;units:levels

Spoiler: That 1% has gained $21 Trillion dollars since 1989, the bottom half of Americans have lost about $900 Billion since 1989. That's a group of 120M - 180M people who have collectively lost almost a trillion dollars in net worth while a tiny group of people have gained $24 trillion.

That's on track to continue and considering there's only one inevitable end if it continues, at what point do we make some changes? Tax cuts and austerity propel that divide even quicker, so do we keep doing more and more tax cuts and cut more and more of our social safety net?
Tax cuts didn't divide; people are thriving. It's an opportunity to save money while you got it. Invest in metals.

I wouldn't say I am bad off, but it took more than three years to recover what I lost in less than one (almost 60% of my money was wiped out)......and that was just my 401K that I had to keep paying into!

Housing crisis? Uh huh. I saw myself in an underwater house with two mortgages and a student loan for my brother who was battling depression, when my father passed away. With my limited salary leftover, I supported two people.

millenniumman75

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 09:48 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Tax cuts didn't divide; people are thriving. It's an opportunity to save money while you got it. Invest in metals.

I wouldn't say I am bad off, but it took more than three years to recover what I lost in less than one (almost 60% of my money was wiped out)......and that was just my 401K that I had to keep paying into!

Housing crisis? Uh huh. I saw myself in an underwater house with two mortgages and a student loan for my brother who was battling depression, when my father passed away. With my limited salary leftover, I supported two people.
Massive tax cuts do exasperate the divide, you can see with your own eyes if you check the data, the last 40 years we've been doing this supply-side economics experiment is when the divide really took off.

Regarding my question to you about how long we should continue what we've been doing the last 40 years, based off the information collected by the Federal Reserve it will take about 30 years until the top 10% own 100% of the wealth.

Conservatives don't usually change their minds until they are affected by something, so I'm going to assume that your answer is that we should reverse course once you are so strapped down with debt that you can't possible survive. That's a point that millions of Americans have already reached years ago.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 09:51 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Regarding the housing crisis and any kind of recovery, since 2007 we've gained about 8 Million new households, which makes sense since the population grows, but since 2007 there are 1 Million less homeowners, that's not a sign of a recovery, the average American isn't considered financially secure enough by the banks to finance a home.
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 09:56 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Massive tax cuts without any stipulations on what the wealthy should do with their newly gained money inherently exasperates the disparity, that's not even something you'd need data to understand, but we do have 40 years of data showing the effects of this supply-side economics we've been doing and it's pretty clear if you checked that report from the Fed.

Regarding the housing crisis and any kind of recover, since 2007 we've gained about 8 Million new households, which makes sense since the population grows, but since 2007 before the recession there are 1 Million less homeowners, that's not a sign of a recover, the average American isn't considered financially secure enough by the banks to finance a home.

Regarding my question to you about how long we should continue what we've been doing the last 40 years, based off the information collected by the Federal Reserve it will take about 30 years until the top 10% own 100% of the wealth.

Conservatives don't usually change their minds until they are affected by something, so I'm going to assume that your answer is that we should reverse course once you are so strapped down with debt that you can't possible survive.

I don't get into debt in the first place. That's the point. I got out of most of it by myself. It took me six years to get down to one mortgage. I couldn't even put the mortgage interest on my taxes.....now, I don't need to.

Unfortunately, lawmakers here in Ohio (particularly my new Governor) are starting to go the way of California and decided to put 10 cents on a gallon of gas for roads. He wanted almost 19 cents!

Fiscal responsibility and not falling for the "promise of home ownership" was the biggest issue. Now, it's "promise of total insurance".

millenniumman75

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 09:59 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
I don't get into debt in the first place. That's the point. I got out of most of it by myself. It took me six years to get down to one mortgage. I couldn't even put the mortgage interest on my taxes.....now, I don't need to.

Unfortunately, lawmakers here in Ohio (particularly my new Governor) are starting to go the way of California and decided to put 10 cents on a gallon of gas for roads. He wanted almost 19 cents!

Fiscal responsibility and not falling for the "promise of home ownership" was the biggest issue. Now, it's "promise of total insurance".
You didn't answer my question, based off the information the Federal Reserve puts out every quarter, the inevitable destination is a small group of people owning 100% of the wealth and everyone else having nothing, regardless of how financially responsible they are.

So at what point do we change?
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 10:15 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
You didn't answer my question, based off the information the Federal Reserve puts out every quarter, the inevitable destination is a small group of people owning 100% of the wealth and everyone else having nothing, regardless of how financially responsible they are.

What kind of site is that? "Wanting to make the world a better place"? It sounds like Bernie.

The goal of the tax cuts was to help the lower tier and spur business so more people would have jobs - additional people paying lower taxes. I wasn't helped! In fact, my refund shrank to almost nothing with the tax cut. People who make less than me benefit more than I do.

Personal income and corporate income are two different things.

millenniumman75

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 10:19 AM
Game Developer

Language: Danish, English
My Mood: Confused
wat

Retro Game-Developer and an average gamer (nothing hardcore)

Discord: Repix #3838

Steam: http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/RepixDev
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 10:28 AM
Great White Shark

Language: Galactic Basic, machine language
Quote:

Can't tell if this is a satire or not...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page