Julian Assange: Wikileaks co-founder arrested in London - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 08:27 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
Lol, that's what happens to you when you do the right thing in this world.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 11:02 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
You think that old man is some super 1337 hacker? He told Chelsea Manning to bring him more information if she could. They called that "conspiracy to hacking" but Obama dropped those charges and said he wasn't going to pursue legal action against Assange. He's not a hacker, not even slightly. I doubt he even knows how to use a smart phone after being in that embassy for seven years.

No, no one should say this was coming. Assange published information that was given to a website he has almost nothing to do with running now. He can't even call his lawyer you think he's orchestrating some mass dark web with no internet or telephone? He's a political refugee, what the UK and America did to this man is some thing I wish I could say only happened in totalitarian nations like China.
Why? Does Assange/Wikileaks have something on him, then....or now? Could it have been preventative measures so he wouldn't be tracked? Commuting Manning's sentence just made everything worse. That was a lobby move if I ever saw one.

He was avoiding a rape charge. The plaintiff wants to reopen the case since she found out he's been apprehended. Was Assange planning to spend the rest of his life in that building? What is he running from? Himself and his misdeeds.

Don't forget; we have Edward Snowden, too. There will probably be movement on his part, too. Obama didn't do anything because he was the one who got exposed. I wonder what Hillary would have done with him given that he's a pawn in Russia. President Trump has made no mention of him and I wouldn't either. He can Assange himself, too.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 11:03 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelinquishedHell View Post
When is it "right"? It was done the wrong way.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!

post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 11:20 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by millenniumman75 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelinquishedHell View Post
I'm starting to feel sorry for you
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 11:44 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Lonely
Quote:
You think that old man is some super 1337 hacker? He told Chelsea Manning to bring him more information if she could. They called that "conspiracy to hacking" but Obama dropped those charges and said he wasn't going to pursue legal action against Assange. He's not a hacker, not even slightly. I doubt he even knows how to use a smart phone after being in that embassy for seven years.

No, no one should say this was coming. Assange published information that was given to a website he has almost nothing to do with running now. He can't even call his lawyer you think he's orchestrating some mass dark web with no internet or telephone? He's a political refugee, what the UK and America did to this man is some thing I wish I could say only happened in totalitarian nations like China.
Do you really think he had access to nothing in the embassy? It was only recently they cut his internet access. He was not shut out from the world for seven years. The DNC hack was a big reason Trump won the 2016 election. Again, he went from a guy who just wanted information public that he thought shouldn't be secret, to picking sides in an election. I'll refer to Bill Maher again when he pressed Assange on the DNC hack... why not hack Trump's tax returns then? Assange helped Trump win because he doesn't like Hillary Clinton.

No one should say this was coming? To say he has almost nothing to do with Wikileaks now is something we're simply not going to agree on. I don't buy that for a second. He also pissed off Ecuador with some of the releases orchestrated while he was a house guest. Again, he bit the hand that was feeding him. And like it or not, when you act like the small building is your personal hotel, you don't clean up after yourself and you're a d!ck to staff, yes, this was coming. He smeared sh!t on the walls for ***** sakes!
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 09:22 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
It strikes me as a grey area. We hardly live in the most transparent and honest of societies. It therefore shouldn't surprise anyone that by exposing certain wrongdoings even if they are in the public intetest you get branded a criminal. Preserve the secrecy of the nation state is paramount but at what cost to freedom and accountability?
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 01:38 AM
SAS Member

He gave people an opportunity to see information that was actively hidden from them.
If someone was keeping something from me, and someone else exposed it so I could see the truth, I would be thankful.
Why would you want to be kept in the dark? Truth is paramount
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 02:30 AM
Powered By Moisture

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDSG View Post
He gave people an opportunity to see information that was actively hidden from them.
OTOH, nothing that he brought out was all that surprising or earthshaking. You would expect that someone who was able to know all the secrets would have had way more dirt than he actually did. Isn't that odd?

------------

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - Carlin

"They flutter behind you your possible pasts
Some bright-eyed and crazy, some frightened and lost
A warning to anyone still in command
Of their possible future, to take care."
- Pink Floyd
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 02:51 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
OTOH, nothing that he brought out was all that surprising or earthshaking. You would expect that someone who was able to know all the secrets would have had way more dirt than he actually did. Isn't that odd?
That's true, but he officialized it and brought it to publics consciousness which was the important thing. There is loads that has been exposed elsewhere, but its useless if only a few underground people know about it. I feel he must've known much more though, so that is quite strange I agree.
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 07:05 AM
Is that what day it is?

My Mood: Dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGVan View Post
Do you really think he had access to nothing in the embassy? It was only recently they cut his internet access. He was not shut out from the world for seven years. The DNC hack was a big reason Trump won the 2016 election. Again, he went from a guy who just wanted information public that he thought shouldn't be secret, to picking sides in an election. I'll refer to Bill Maher again when he pressed Assange on the DNC hack... why not hack Trump's tax returns then? Assange helped Trump win because he doesn't like Hillary Clinton.
Wikileaks had nothing to with any hacking activities, no one has accused him of being a hacker officially except for maybe news outlets talking out of their rear end. He was accused of conspiracy of hacking, because he encouraged Chelsea Manning to bring him more information. Other people do the hacking, wikileaks publishes the results. Wikileaks is still publishing and communicating with the public right now. Apple still runs after Steve Jobs died, as does wikileaks.

Quote:
No one should say this was coming? To say he has almost nothing to do with Wikileaks now is something we're simply not going to agree on. I don't buy that for a second. He also pissed off Ecuador with some of the releases orchestrated while he was a house guest. Again, he bit the hand that was feeding him. And like it or not, when you act like the small building is your personal hotel, you don't clean up after yourself and you're a d!ck to staff, yes, this was coming. He smeared sh!t on the walls for ***** sakes!
Ecuador has a new president and he doesn't want to defend Assange that's the only thing that changed. No one should be arrested on behalf of the United States for helping the American people so much. No one knew the extent of surveillance in the US until Snowden leaked and Assange published. There were many details about the war in Iraq that would have been swept under the rug without wikileaks publishing information that was given to them. The actions our government are taking against the man are exactly what China would do to journalists.

It doesn't bode well for freedom of information in the western world. It's disturbing as all get out the so called progressives are the people that are the happiest about this.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 09:27 AM
Resist

My Mood: Tired
I guess to the far right, being arrested for breaking the law only matters when the scary brown people do it.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 02:50 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Wikileaks had nothing to with any hacking activities, no one has accused him of being a hacker officially except for maybe news outlets talking out of their rear end. He was accused of conspiracy of hacking, because he encouraged Chelsea Manning to bring him more information. Other people do the hacking, wikileaks publishes the results. Wikileaks is still publishing and communicating with the public right now. Apple still runs after Steve Jobs died, as does wikileaks.

Ecuador has a new president and he doesn't want to defend Assange that's the only thing that changed. No one should be arrested on behalf of the United States for helping the American people so much. No one knew the extent of surveillance in the US until Snowden leaked and Assange published. There were many details about the war in Iraq that would have been swept under the rug without wikileaks publishing information that was given to them. The actions our government are taking against the man are exactly what China would do to journalists.

It doesn't bode well for freedom of information in the western world. It's disturbing as all get out the so called progressives are the people that are the happiest about this.
Steve Jobs died. Julian Assange took refuge in the Ecuadorian embassy and was still the editor in chief for Wikileaks.

This interview is from August 2016. While Assange was holed up. While he was still running Wikileaks. He didn't go into complete darkness when he entered that embassy.

Pay attention especially from 3:07. Notice how Assange dodges Maher's assessment of the situation and attempts to call Maher out on something he wasn't trying to hide.

Assange went from being someone who was exposing truths that even I will argue the public should know about (so long as it doesn't expose innocent people to put them in danger), to picking sides in the US election. Even Snowden criticized the DNC release.
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 12:45 AM
Is that what day it is?

Quote:
Steve Jobs died. Julian Assange took refuge in the Ecuadorian embassy and was still the editor in chief for Wikileaks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-EJAIXdGp8

This interview is from August 2016. While Assange was holed up. While he was still running Wikileaks. He didn't go into complete darkness when he entered that embassy.

Pay attention especially from 3:07. Notice how Assange dodges Maher's assessment of the situation and attempts to call Maher out on something he wasn't trying to hide.

Assange went from being someone who was exposing truths that even I will argue the public should know about (so long as it doesn't expose innocent people to put them in danger), to picking sides in the US election. Even Snowden criticized the DNC release.
Did he pick a side or did he merely release information that you didn't like? Lol.

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 06:48 AM
SAS Member

Quote:

Why? Does Assange/Wikileaks have something on him, then....or now? Could it have been preventative measures so he wouldn't be tracked? Commuting Manning's sentence just made everything worse. That was a lobby move if I ever saw one.

He was avoiding a rape charge. The plaintiff wants to reopen the case since she found out he's been apprehended. Was Assange planning to spend the rest of his life in that building? What is he running from? Himself and his misdeeds.

Don't forget; we have Edward Snowden, too. There will probably be movement on his part, too. Obama didn't do anything because he was the one who got exposed. I wonder what Hillary would have done with him given that he's a pawn in Russia. President Trump has made no mention of him and I wouldn't either. He can Assange himself, too.

A four coloured font reply. Very swish.
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 04:42 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Did he pick a side or did he merely release information that you didn't like? Lol.
Like Bill asked Julian, why didn't he hack Trump's tax returns then? Assange picked a side. He doesn't like Hillary Clinton.
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 01:41 AM
Is that what day it is?

Quote:
Like Bill asked Julian, why didn't he hack Trump's tax returns then? Assange picked a side. He doesn't like Hillary Clinton.
Because wikileaks didn't hack anyone, he's never been lawfully accused of hacking. An informant gave them information and they published it. This is the same argument as comparing Assange to a terrorist because he published information about the Iraq war and internal surveillance in the US.

post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 11:00 AM
too much sausage

Language: rambling

I like donuts