My Mood: Doubtful
Exclamation

Gun sales soar, set new record

September Sees Record Gun Sales

Some see Democrats’ calls for executive action to restrict guns as cause

http://freebeacon.com/issues/septemb...ord-gun-sales/

BY: Stephen Gutowski
October 7, 2015 3:00 pm

The Federal Bureau of Investigation processed a record number of background checks in the month of September, indicating that gun sales were at an all time high for the month.

The FBI’s National Instant Background Check System processed 1,795,102 applications to buy a firearm in September. That represents a new record: 335,739 more checks than the previous September high set in 2012, or a 23 percent increase.

The number of checks done in a particular month is considered a reliable gauge of how many gun sales have occurred since background checks are required on all sales made through licensed firearms dealers. The actual number of sales is likely higher since multiple firearms can be sold to the same person by a dealer under a single background check. The numbers also do not account for sales between private parties that do not require a background check.

September is the fifth month in a row to set a record for background checks. May, June, July, and August all produced record numbers. The summer of 2015 has seen the most gun sales on record.

The summer has also seen an increase in calls from some Democratic presidential candidates, including frontrunner Hillary Clinton, for new gun control laws. Clinton has said she would use executive orders to implement certain forms of gun control.

The Second Amendment Foundation said Democratic efforts to impose new gun control measures were fueling the sales increases. “We are seeing new record highs in gun sales due to the increased anti-gun rhetoric from Democratic candidates like Hillary Clinton,” said Alan Gottlieb, the group’s founder. “Their push for new restrictions on gun ownership is fueling gun sales.”

“If they really want less guns in private hands they should consider what happens every time they open their mouths.”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 08:11 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
My college is supposed to be offering a concealed license class next week and I'm thinking about doing it so I can get myself a gun. It's nice to have a gun for self protection.

My mom and I had a conversation last night about this. I told her she should get a concealed weapons permit to protect herself. You never know, some strange man could knock on the door while I'm not here and try to hurt her. If she had a gun, she could just shoot the man to protect herself. If otherwise, she'd have to wait for the cops to come and she could be dead by then.
post #3 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 09:50 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
Threaten the Second Amendment and I guess this is what happens.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!

post #4 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Permanently Banned

[QUOTE=Cuban FL Cracker;1082556529]My college is supposed to be offering a concealed license class next week and I'm thinking about doing it so I can get myself a gun. It's nice to have a gun for self protection.
Quote:

You can go to a local range to try out various guns to find out what brand, caliber, etc...best fits your hand. While Glock is wildly popular, there are also people who hate them -- like me.

My mom and I had a conversation last night about this. I told her she should get a concealed weapons permit to protect herself. You never know, some strange man could knock on the door while I'm not here and try to hurt her. If she had a gun, she could just shoot the man to protect herself. If otherwise, she'd have to wait for the cops to come and she could be dead by then.
That's a damn good idea for a class. Just owning a gun doesn't mean much if you lack the skills to use it safely and proficiently.

It's great that you had that concealed weapons chat last night too. I've told this story before, but a young man on SAS gave his mom a most thoughtful gift -- a Glock 19. He picked the gun because it was his own favorite model. He also told me of how a man one broke into his sister's motel room. He fled as soon as she pointed her recover at him.
post #5 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 03:54 PM
bipolar

So many guns in your country - don't think I would want to live there.
post #6 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
SASsy

Language: King's English
I'd love to get a concealed permit but you have to register your fingerprints with the government, I don't want to do that.
post #7 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 04:40 PM
Permanently Banned

Prepare for more mass shootings.
post #8 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
SASsy

Language: King's English
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenniumman75 View Post
Threaten the Second Amendment and I guess this is what happens.
Right, every time Obama and the Democrats start talking about gun control gun sales go off the charts. Obama has done more to promote gun ownership than any President in history.

post #9 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 05:12 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post

its not a big problem, at least not yet. its mostly just a bunch of republican politicians whipping up fear saying the democrats aren't tough enough on crime, and the nra (national rifle association, used to be a organization for hunter but got taken over by the gun manufacturers) saying the government is going to take away your guns so your better by more.
what does scare me some is the open carry and stand your ground laws some states are passing. basically it means somebody with a gun can pick a fight and if the other person fights back, then shoot them. could be interesting.
post #10 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 05:20 PM
SAS Member

prepping up for another year of massacres
post #11 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 09:57 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by regimes View Post
From the Obominationally-driven madness.

If we had more jobs, people wouldn't be flipping out.
If people were more civil, we wouldn't have so much hostility.

Ain't gonna happen in this Presidency.
I'd like to see what happens when Obama goes to Oregon to FINALLY address a shooting in person, yet Kate Steinle (murdered by a person who should NOT have been in this country).....ignored!

millenniumman75

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #12 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 09:57 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletis View Post
Right, every time Obama and the Democrats start talking about gun control gun sales go off the charts. Obama has done more to promote gun ownership than any President in history.

Congrats on 9,000 posts!

millenniumman75

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #13 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 10:02 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Adopt me!!!!
post #14 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 10:02 PM
Starlight and moonbeams

What in the heck is wrong with people?

The answer to guns killing people in America? More guns! More violence!

I'm so disgusted by my country, and I know my British friends on Facebook are laughing at me. Way to go, America! National embarrassment.

post #15 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 11:35 PM
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadnessaurousRex View Post
Adopt me!!!!

Just come over and meet me in Bali mate - we'll have a ball!
post #16 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 06:18 AM
Stoicism / ACT / CFT

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by regimes View Post
The massacres have nothing to do with guns. If there weren't guns then people would do the massacres with slices of fruit, like how they do em here in the UK.

You think a madman with guns is a something to fear?

An angry Englishman on a fruit induced sugar rush wielding a tangerine segment shouting '**** the queen' and unleashing his citrusy rampage at the annual Bethersden parents and teachers evening is a thing to be truly fearful of.

Compassion focused therapy audio, guided meditations:

https://balancedminds.com/audio/
post #17 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 06:58 AM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Don, it's common for foreigners to have very biased view because of an exceptionally biased media

I'm 42. Guess how many times I've been threatened with a gun. Zero. How many times have I feared that someone could be carrying a gun. Never -- I don't even think about it. Back in school, guess how many guns I saw: zero.

Guess how many gun shots I herd other than shooting ranges where such is fully expected. Again, it's zero.

My liberal brother took the class needed to qualify him for a concealed carry permit. It was presented by Wisconsin Carry and I asked my uber-liberal brother if the folks in the class looked perfectly normally. He agreed that they did indeed look totally ordinary. He really liked the instructor -- a beef cake former Marine, now studying at UW law school. (he likes a men who's both smart & sexy)

When I took the same class three years ago everyone looked quite ordinary. OK, the guy open carrying his pistol stood out but. he was also bearing a young daughter while his wife took the class. Pretty hard to look like a crazed killer when holding your kid.

Wisconsin Carry gives these free classes because they support Constitutional Carry (that means no permit needed). They don't think citizen should have to pay to exercise their right, so they give as many of these free training classes as possible.
post #18 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 07:08 AM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenniumman75 View Post
Congrats on 9,000 posts!
That's such an old one. My range had that pic up a few years ago.

Does he not get it that every time he open his yap trap and says anything about guns he just drives sales to new records, which is hard to believe given that gun sales have been at record levels since the world learn this fellow named Obama existed.

If he sincerely wants less guns, then shut the hell up. How stupid is this man? The last thing he wants is more guns, yet he insists on making comments that sell more guns.

People talk about the power of the NRA. Wayne Lapiere actually wants to sell guns, yet he could flap him gums all day without achieving what Obama can in a single word.
post #19 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 07:13 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by splendidbob View Post
The massacres have nothing to do with guns. If there weren't guns then people would do the massacres with slices of fruit, like how they do em here in the UK.

An angry Englishman on a fruit induced sugar rush wielding a tangerine segment shouting '**** the queen' and unleashing his citrusy rampage at the annual Bethersden parents and teachers evening is a thing to be truly fearful of.
post #20 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 07:14 AM
An Rí

Quote:
Originally Posted by splendidbob View Post

Now there's a man I can empathize with.

"We have always held to the hope, the belief, the conviction, that there is a better life, a better world, beyond the horizon." -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page