Gay Marriage..? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
Has B... a ..nNed herself

Gay Marriage..?

What are your beliefs...?

For me personally: I am ALL for it! ...I got no problem at all with two people who believe that they love each other and have decided to commit to one another (however they mutually define this commitment). ...To me, this already IS a marriage.

...IVF on the other hand... well, I speculate on whether even heterosexual couples should do this. -Though, I don't believe in imposing my standards on people (and hell, who's to say I wouldn't feel the same way?!). ...But I just figure, that there are too many kids in the world dying of starvation ...and then people wanna bring more into the world-?

...Still, that's a little off the topic -YEP: however you define it, if it's a mutual agreement and a committed relationship: to me that IS a marriage.

EDIT:-
...BELIEVE me, if I could change gay men -gay men, like, Anton Enus , and make them straight!!! -I would! ...but you can't always get what you want...
Attached Thumbnails
anton320_1192514841.jpg  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 08:49 AM
SAS Member

Re: Gay Marriage..?

I don't see any reason why two ppl who want to get married shouldn't be able too.

Unless they is incest involved cuz the kids can have inbred problems from the genes and stuff. And unless the person is underage. So, there are exceptions.

But yeah gay ppl should be able to marry. They should be able to suffer just like everyone else. lol I heard that somewhere and thought it was funny.

"Riders on the storm; Into this house we're born; Into this world we're thrown. Like a dog without a bone; An actor out alone; Riders on the storm."
~ Jim Morrison ~
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 08:50 AM
killer of conversations

I'm with you on this one. If two men or two women want to get married, who really cares (I know, a lot of people)? We're all human, we all have needs.

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

O.K. ladies That's an easy one for you guys, so: how about Polygamy???

...should a man and women (!) be allowed to be married. i.e. should a man have the right to marry more than one woman, and should the women be allowed to marry him, if they wanted to...?

This is perhaps a bit harder.

-AND 'Nubly': STAY OUT of this!!! ...We all know YOUR answer!!! ...

post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoconutHolder
I don't see any reason why two ppl who want to get married shouldn't be able too.

Unless they is incest involved cuz the kids can have inbred problems from the genes and stuff. And unless the person is underage. So, there are exceptions.

But yeah gay ppl should be able to marry. They should be able to suffer just like everyone else. lol I heard that somewhere and thought it was funny.
...That's it: YOU should be appointed as the Spokesperson for Homosexual Marriage!!! ...with a line like that: you'd have almost every person thinking to themselves: "Damn! She's right!"...

post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

...For me, my only rule is that it is between 'consenting adults'. Which means that, provided the male(s) and females(s) are above 18 ...they can do whatever they agree on.

post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 09:47 AM
SAS Member

^^yeah I agree, Rubes.^^

I think the same about polygamy too. As long as it isn't hurting anyone (i.e. forcing ppls to marry in the community at a young age and abuse and stuff) then go for it!

"Riders on the storm; Into this house we're born; Into this world we're thrown. Like a dog without a bone; An actor out alone; Riders on the storm."
~ Jim Morrison ~
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

....I started this thread one hour ago, and it already has 40 views!

post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 09:53 AM
SAS Member

AWESOME! lol

~ Jim Morrison ~
post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

...it's funny though, cos my attachment of "Anton Enus" (masculine specimen extraordinare ) has '73 views' ...so I guess almost twice as many people only VIEW S.A.S. as there are members...?

-Is that right?!

post #11 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 10:00 AM
SAS Member

Yeah. Probably. They are a wittle scared to reply to things maybe.

Makes me feel like I'm being watched.

Which isn't an usual feeling for me though.

Come out, come out, wherever you are!

~ Jim Morrison ~
post #12 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 10:03 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic

If anybody had a view on the contrary, it would cause a debate and eventually a locked thread.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #13 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 10:07 AM
SAS Member

ahhhh yeah.

See, the moderators know.

I think everyone's free to their own opinion. But yeah, there are some ppl on the boards who will fight about stuff and then BAM locked thread.

~ Jim Morrison ~
post #14 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenniumman75
If anybody had a view on the contrary, it would cause a debate and eventually a locked thread.
...Really Ah well...

post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 10:17 AM
SAS Member

Both sides fight. Im curious what gay people do though. I guess if two gay men have a relationship one has to primarily be the "man" and the other has to be the "woman" right? Would it be the same with two lesbian women? Or do they change roles lol? Im definately not interested in changing my orientation though if anybody thought that .

"Toto IV"
It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I bless the rains down in Africa
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had............
Sometimes when the world goes crazy all you can do is laugh. It hides the tears.
post #16 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 10:18 AM
SAS Member

By the way, countdown to locked thread in 3...2...1...

"Toto IV"
It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I bless the rains down in Africa
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had............
Sometimes when the world goes crazy all you can do is laugh. It hides the tears.
post #17 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylicho
By the way, countdown to locked thread in 3...2...1...
...thanks for helping ...

post #18 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 11:43 AM

Support.
post #19 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 11:52 AM
Bon
Walking in the light

I think two consenting adults should be able to do what they want. Love knows no sex or race. If you're lucky enough to find someone you want to share the rest of your life with, someone you want to protect with marriage, people should have this right. Besides, I think everyone should experience what marriage can and isn't always about.

Now, for those that object on a religious base. Why would you be concerned, many people that share this view (It's hard being diplomatic) believe that gays will go to hell anyway, their marriage wouldn't be recognized by God.
So, why not let people have the legal rights of marriage.

Polygamy;-) sure, I would like to have about three husbands;-)

Oh and for the record, there is one man I would like to convert if I could;-) He's has great wood, volunteers his time, has a Honda, a decent job, a great bathroom, the major downfall, he also has a Ford.

Mental illness is what some have, not who they are.
post #20 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 11:58 AM
Retired Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylicho
Both sides fight. Im curious what gay people do though. I guess if two gay men have a relationship one has to primarily be the "man" and the other has to be the "woman" right? Would it be the same with two lesbian women? Or do they change roles lol? Im definately not interested in changing my orientation though if anybody thought that .
When 2 people disagree on something an argument ensues. There are no gender roles involved. When gay couples fight one does not have to be the "man" and the other the "woman". Likewise when the same couple is enjoying a period of conjugal recreation. They can both enjoy themselves. Sometimes they might even switch places. Why try and sterotype any relationship? Each one is unique in and of itself.

As for gay marriage, needless to say, I am for it. An unmarried "partner", gay or straight, has no legal rights. They cannot request medical information for their partner. In the event of the death of a partner, they cannot claim the body and arrange a funeral. Unless there is a will, they inherit nothing of their partner's estate. If their house is in the name of the deceased, they suddenly find themselves homeless. Even if it is in both of their names they can be forced to sell it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bon
Oh and for the record, there is one man I would like to convert if I could;-) He's has great wood, volunteers his time, has a Honda, a decent job, a great bathroom, the major downfall, he also has a Ford.
I wonder who that could be!
(I don't think its going to happen sister!)

It is ironic, how often one comes across an atheist with a "holier than thou" attitude.
---Novius---

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page