Feminists, what is it like knowing that men have designed and built everything? - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum
Closed Thread

post #21 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amphoteric View Post
nah, i don't disagree with it. i just don't see how sitting here surrounded by other people's inventions should have any sort of a pride or shame effect on me, or anyone else.
You're missing the point. The idea isn't to give men an unrealistic picture of their contributions to society, I am simply pointing out that men and women are different. They have different strengths, different weaknesses and are therefore more suited to fulfilling different roles. While they're equal in some senses they're unequal in others. Feminists have a hard time accepting this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 10:57 AM
!

My Mood: Grumpy
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdave View Post
You're missing the point. The idea isn't to give men an unrealistic picture of their contributions to society, I am simply pointing out that men and women are different. They have different strengths, different weaknesses and are therefore more suited to fulfilling different roles. While they're equal in some senses they're unequal in others. Feminists have a hard time accepting this.
yeah i'm sorry but from the get go this thread was a bit of a sloppy and tired attempt at baiting and the sad reality is that there just aren't enough hard core feminists left on this site to get triggered to the degree you're hoping to.
post #23 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 10:57 AM
banana enthusiast

My Mood: Bored
Quote:
But you're willing to admit that men have pretty much designed and built everything, right??? Regardless of your personal views you wouldn't be stupid enough to throw objectivity right out of the right because it might hurt some people's feelings?
I realise you're trying to 'trigger' me because you assume I'm some feminist SJW, but I already told you I'm not. In any case, I don't accept the simplistic feminist view of history that says women were kept down by the evil patriarchy and are an oppressed class like slaves. Nor do I think that the differences between men and women are not influenced in any way by social norms. My view actually has some nuance to it. But none of this changes the fact that it's stupid to feel either pride or shame in your gender because of what others of your gender have done, nor does it change the fact that you made this thread purely to antagonise your political enemies, as evidenced by the title and the way you worded this thread and just about every other thread you've ever made.

post #24 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 11:30 AM
Homicidal Furby 🔪

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Lol again. Is this your fetish? As an open minded citizen of the world I can accept that everyone has their kinks. Worry not Dave one day you will find a strong, confident, feminist woman who knows how to handle you. They're out there. Just keep making threads and stay patient.

Quote:
Heaven forbid that men feel proud of their collective achievements. That simply won't do! Shame is the only acceptable emotion for them.
It's instinctive (to a degree,) but it is a bit cringe and encourages complacency. People should feel proud of their own achievements, and even then not be unnecessarily arrogant.

The wretched world we’re living in at present was not an unlucky war of fate; it was an economic and political decision made without consulting the enormous human population that it would most drastically affect. If we would have it otherwise, if we’d prefer a future that we can call home, then we must stop supporting — even passively — this ravenous, insatiable conservative agenda before it devours us with our kids as a dessert. - Alan Moore

post #25 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 11:46 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape in space View Post
Whatever legitimate point you might have had is lost in your transparent attempt to provoke a reaction. You said it yourself, you are more concerned with fighting liberals and antagonising them than you are with the truth.
The guy is a troll. Don't feed the troll. Stupid thread with no redeeming quality.

I'm reporting this thread to get it shut down on grounds of it violating this board rule:
Bigotry
Any content which is deemed by the staff to contain racial, sexual, religious, or any other kind of bigotry will be locked, edited or removed. This includes excessive gender stereotyping and inciting or engaging in gender "wars."
post #26 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 12:10 PM
Doing my own thing

My Mood: Fine
Not only built everything but also invented almost everything. But hey, let's not have the facts get in the way!
post #27 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 12:18 PM
SAS Member

I wonder what's the percentage of men that have actually invented/discovered something useful... 2 percent maybe?
post #28 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 12:28 PM
Homicidal Furby 🔪

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Milk View Post
I wonder what's the percentage of men that have actually invented/discovered something useful... 2 percent maybe?
A fairly small percentage of gifted men. Most guys and indeed most people generally live fairly average, unremarkable lives. A fact nobody wants to acknowledge (especially in our generation.)

Better to hide feelings of personal inadequacy behind grandiose notions of a collective. Feminists and sjws are good at that, and so are those on the alt right and many (but not all,) anti-feminists. Both a mostly young crowd lacking purpose and self esteem.

So they fill the hole with identity politics instead.

The wretched world we’re living in at present was not an unlucky war of fate; it was an economic and political decision made without consulting the enormous human population that it would most drastically affect. If we would have it otherwise, if we’d prefer a future that we can call home, then we must stop supporting — even passively — this ravenous, insatiable conservative agenda before it devours us with our kids as a dessert. - Alan Moore

post #29 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 12:36 PM
Zodiac Sign: LEO!!!

My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amphoteric View Post
dunno why you're sounding like a part of that credit and glory goes to you too because you have a ding dong
lol. well maybe he can hammer in nails and rivets with his dick when its hard thereby contributing to this "men build and create all " analogy. :-P

women, men.... we're all people and can all do stuff. why cant that be the end of it? I don't care who does this, or who does that? were all peopel on the same planet... shouldn't that be enough?

Waiting for a beam to break through here,
A chain-way vision bright and clear,
This must be it,
Longed for Bliss,
First it was so quiet and now I know I am not alone in here.

If you can read this, you must look at my profile page. I like people who have attention to detail, and curiosity. Have a look, the lion's torso is on diplay :-p
post #30 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 12:40 PM
On An Indefinite Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape in space View Post
I'm not even a feminist but this thread is stupid. And feeling proud of your gender is just as stupid as feeling ashamed of your gender, no matter which gender you are.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILOBRAVO View Post
women, men.... we're all people and can all do stuff. why cant that be the end of it? I don't care who does this, or who does that? were all people on the same planet... shouldn't that be enough?
That is like, so profound, man.

post #31 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 12:55 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
A fairly small percentage of gifted men. Most guys and indeed most people generally live fairly average, unremarkable lives. A fact nobody wants to acknowledge (especially in our generation.)

Better to hide feelings of personal inadequacy behind grandiose notions of a collective. Feminists and sjws are good at that, and so are those on the alt right and many (but not all,) anti-feminists. Both a mostly young crowd lacking purpose and self esteem.

Exactly.
post #32 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by relm1 View Post
The guy is a troll. Don't feed the troll. Stupid thread with no redeeming quality.

I'm reporting this thread to get it shut down on grounds of it violating this board rule:
Bigotry
Any content which is deemed by the staff to contain racial, sexual, religious, or any other kind of bigotry will be locked, edited or removed. This includes excessive gender stereotyping and inciting or engaging in gender "wars."
Last time I checked 'feminism' wasn't a gender.

Do you understand the difference between women and feminism?
post #33 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 01:08 PM
Aesthetically Challenged

My Mood: Goofy
Quote:
I'm all for equal rights etc, but given that the vast majority of inventions have been conceived, designed and manufactured by men it must leave a bitter taste in the mouths of feminists who have a gynocentric view of the world.

The truth is that men and women are equal but different, no amount of campaigning or kvetching will alter our fundamental biological impulses and strengths. The are some things that men are simply better at, invention and construction are some of them.
I agree and sympathize with your overall points (against feminism in particular) but I disagree with how you say it sometimes.

This is a perfect example. So yeah, it's true that the majority of inventors, engineers, scientists, were men. But bragging about it is a bit like a rich kid bragging about being born into a wealthy family. He's basically standing on the accomplishments of others. He's bragging about being associated with a group he was born into, all the while not having done anything extraordinary or noteworthy as an individual. It's off putting and really doesn't do anything other than to piss people off.
post #34 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe26 View Post
I agree and sympathize with your overall points (against feminism in particular) but I disagree with how you say it sometimes.

This is a perfect example. So yeah, it's true that the majority of inventors, engineers, scientists, were men. But bragging about it is a bit like a rich kid bragging about being born into a wealthy family. He's basically standing on the accomplishments of others. He's bragging about being associated with a group he was born into, all the while not having done anything extraordinary or noteworthy as an individual. It's off putting and really doesn't do anything other than to piss people off.
Do you know what really pisses me off? Those who jump up and down and make a fuss when somebody says something that is obviously true because it contradicts their (flawed) understanding of how the world works.

As John Maynard Keynes once remarked: "When the facts change I change my mind, what do you do?"
post #35 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 01:14 PM
Trailer Trash Tranny

My Mood: Brooding
Lawyers, what's it like knowing that surgeons have performed all the open heart surgeries?

The best things in life are free, but so are the worst things. And you need money to avoid those.
post #36 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

Quote:

It's quite sad that some people feel so inadequate and defensive that they can't even acknowledge basic truths, what part of the statement 'men have engineered and built the world around us' do you find factually inaccurate?
post #37 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 01:23 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Pensive
Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post
Lawyers, what's it like knowing that surgeons have performed all the open heart surgeries?
My first actual laugh of the day, thanks
post #38 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILOBRAVO View Post
lol. well maybe he can hammer in nails and rivets with his dick when its hard thereby contributing to this "men build and create all " analogy. :-P

women, men.... we're all people and can all do stuff. why cant that be the end of it? I don't care who does this, or who does that? were all peopel on the same planet... shouldn't that be enough?
If we're all the same why haven't the number of inventions been split equally between the sexes? Why is it so one sided? Clearly we're not some amorphous blob, there are some very real differences between us. Ones the left find it 'hateful' to acknowledge.
post #39 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 01:32 PM
Homicidal Furby 🔪

Quote:
It's quite sad that some people feel so inadequate and defensive that they can't even acknowledge basic truths, what part of the statement 'men have engineered and built the world around us' do you find factually inaccurate?
Ah man, I'm not going to do the whole thing where you ignore a good chunk of my posts, and then we have this whole irrelevant back and forth where you attempt to deflect from what I actually said. Pretending you haven't made this thread to get a rise out of certain people combined with your own need to structure the world around your boring one size fits all principles.

Yes men have been responsible for most of the inventions we use, and for the construction of buildings, cities etc.

But the thread title is 'Feminists, what is it like knowing that men have designed and built everything?' this isn't a question Mark Zuckerberg or Obama would ever think to ask. I'll give you one guess why.

post #40 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 02:10 PM
Tired

Language: English
Quote:
Ah man, I'm not going to do the whole thing where you ignore a good chunk of my posts, and then we have this whole irrelevant back and forth where you attempt to deflect from what I actually said.
Whaat? Dave is always absolutely thorough not to misrepresent or ignore other peoples posts.

Quote:
If we're all the same why haven't the number of inventions been split equally between the sexes? Why is it so one sided? Clearly we're not some amorphous blob, there are some very real differences between us. Ones the left find it 'hateful' to acknowledge.
Ok, you actually don't see the flaw do you

Why is it so one sided? Because the total number of women who were in the position "to invent stuff" was much smaller than the total number of men. It's obvious isn't it?

Bob: "If you put a bunch of brown wolves in a field full of rabbits, and a bunch of black wolves in a field with no rabbits, which wolves are better at eating rabbits?"

ChefDave: "The brown ones"

Bob: "Why?"

Chefdave: "Because they ate more rabbits, you can't deny this, and it isn't hateful to point this out"

Bob: "/sigh".

Chefdave: "Don't sigh at me you Marxist, count the number of rabbits eaten".
Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page