Far-left bigots counter-protest free speech rally in Boston - Page 5 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #81 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 06:12 PM
SAS Member

I don't think being racist is an opinion. It's like a pedophile protest rallying for the institutionalization of child sex.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 08:35 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman8 View Post
No, you are more than confused. It's really simple - if someone deliberately yells over you with the intention of not allowing you to be heard, they are censoring and oppressing your speech. That should be clear.

And your analogy makes zero sense. If someone censors the press and prevents them from writing the truth, the fact the writers didn't go to jail doesn't mean they weren't censored.

And regarding your right to post here, you conveniently left off the word "freely". Nice try, but I guess that's what happens when you don't read books and missed college.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're wrong. Someone deliberately yelling over me while I speak doesn't stop me from speaking, and it doesn't mean I no longer have the right to speak. Also, what you're saying is that while you're exercising your right to "speak freely" no one else may do the same, they must shut up and listen.

Who is this someone censoring the press? If an editor prevents a journalist from going with a story, that's not censorship. It's the editors job to make that decision. If it is the government censoring the press, then yeah, that's taking away the right of free speech.

Did the government prevent the protesters from speaking?

They say it doesn't hurt.

-Carl McCunn
post #83 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 12:06 AM
Harvestor Of Sorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by finallyclosed View Post
For the last time, white supremacist rallies are not about free speech even if they call them "free speech rallies". They are about bringing back the good ol' days when they could get away with limiting the speech of minorities. And also about getting sympathy from other angry white males by whining about counter protests that they already expected. You are probably one of those people who never reads the ingredients on their food either. Just go by the flashy name designed to scam you into buying it?
Despite the rhetoric coming from the neo nazis they are entitled to free speech and allowed to exercise that right. Moreover, the counter protestors are also allowed to voice their anger and disapproval of the neo nazis speaking. Having the counter protestors voice their concerns is also free speech and they have that right to exercise that. Free speech should never be trifled on by the government.

And wet she rose from the lake, and fast and fleet went she
One half the form of a maiden fair with a jet black mare's body

And loud, long and shrill he blew til his steed was by his side
High overhead the grey hawk flew and swiftly did he ride
Saying "Course well, my brindled hound, and fetch me the jet black mare
Stoop and strike, my good grey hawk, and bring me the maiden fair"

post #84 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyraccoon View Post
Despite the rhetoric coming from the neo nazis they are entitled to free speech and allowed to exercise that right. Moreover, the counter protestors are also allowed to voice their anger and disapproval of the neo nazis speaking. Having the counter protestors voice their concerns is also free speech and they have that right to exercise that. Free speech should never be trifled on by the government.
If your the sort of person who violently counter-protests a free speech rally

1) You're not in favour of free speech
2) You're more of a Nazi than you realise

The far-left aren't the good guys.
post #85 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 12:32 AM
Harvestor Of Sorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdave View Post
If your the sort of person who violently counter-protests a free speech rally

1) You're not in favour of free speech
2) You're more of a Nazi than you realise

The far-left aren't the good guys.
Wow you have no clue how ignorant you are. I am not a violent person and I do not condone violence at free speech rallies; however, and this is obviously where you didn't listen properly, everyone is entitled to free speech not matter what they say. I do not condone the violence on from the white supremacists, nor do I condone the violence of the counter protestors. What you fail to realize is that the counter protestors were exercising free speech. But again, once the get violent it becomes a whole different matter.

post #86 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 12:35 AM
Harvestor Of Sorrow

Quote:
Link

What sort of idiots would protest against free speech in a country with a constitutional commitment to it?

Do they literally want to live in an Orwellian dystopia where all forms of dissent are crushed?
I think you contradicted yourself buddy. They got violent just like the white supremacists, but they have that right to exercise free speech but not violence.

post #87 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Wow you have no clue how ignorant you are. I am not a violent person and I do not condone violence at free speech rallies; however, and this is obviously where you didn't listen properly, everyone is entitled to free speech not matter what they say. I do not condone the violence on from the white supremacists, nor do I condone the violence of the counter protestors. What you fail to realize is that the counter protestors were exercising free speech. But again, once the get violent it becomes a whole different matter.
The left were out there violently protesting against civil rights and I'm the ignorant one?

It's no wonder they've been relabeled the regressive left. These bigots want to reverse the clock back by a few hundred years or so with their love of Islam, hatred of free speech and fondness of racial segregation, sorry I mean 'safe spaces' for 'minorities'.

If I was interested in counter-protesting fascism I'd start with the far-left.
post #88 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 01:00 AM
Harvestor Of Sorrow

Quote:
The left were out there violently protesting against civil rights and I'm the ignorant one?

It's no wonder they've been relabeled the regressive left. These bigots want to reverse the clock back by a few hundred years or so with their love of Islam, hatred of free speech and fondness of racial segregation, sorry I mean 'safe spaces' for 'minorities'.

If I was interested in counter-protesting fascism I'd start with the far-left.
You keep missing the point. A protest is a form of free speech. But when it become violent the line gets crossed and it borders on criminality.

I called you ignorant because you insinuated that I am a violent protester and a nazi. I am neither.

Last edited by rockyraccoon; 08-22-2017 at 01:02 AM. Reason: forgot to add something
post #89 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

Quote:
You keep missing the point. A protest is a form of free speech. But when it become violent the line gets crossed and it borders on criminality.

I called you ignorant because you insinuated that I am a violent protester and a nazi. I am neither.
No you keep missing the point.

One side were in favour of free speech at Boston and one side were opposed to it.

Why do you keep on ignorantly insisting that those who are violently opposed to free speech are the good guys protecting us from 'Nazis'?

If you hate free speech it's probably because you're a bigot who can't tolerate other points of view. I.e the left.
post #90 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 01:17 AM
Harvestor Of Sorrow

Quote:
No you keep missing the point.

One side were in favour of free speech at Boston and one side were opposed to it.

Why do you keep on ignorantly insisting that those who are violently opposed to free speech are the good guys protecting us from 'Nazis'?

If you hate free speech it's probably because you're a bigot who can't tolerate other points of view. I.e the left.
Oh my God! See again you are making accusations. I never said any group were the good guys. I believe in free speech ok! Why the **** have you not clued in that I am for free speech? And I'm not a ****ing bigot.

post #91 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 04:21 AM
SAS Member

Far-left bigots counter-protest free speech rally in Boston

Quote:
Originally Posted by finallyclosed View Post
Free speech is a technical political term. Calling something else (like having your glory stolen by counter protests) a violation of free speech shouldn't make you expect everyone to accept your changes to the English language. You got interrupted by civilians when you were marching with torches and chanting Nazi slogans, don't make a federal case out of it.

What changes to the English language would those be, exactly? Haven't made any. And while on this point, hey, let's call illegal immigrants "undocumented" - as if they just hadn't gotten around to doing the paperwork yet. But hey, all you lefties want us to accept that, don't you?

Where's that evidence of nazism in Boston again? Still....waiting.

There's a difference between being "interrupted" and being drowned out completely, and even before anyone knows what you are going to say. To another's point about no one having to listen to you when you open your mouth, well no you don't have to listen and can just walk away, but if you instead choose to remain there and drown the person out, it's clear that you are doing so with the intention to oppress someone else's right, because you have the option of leaving. Whether a voice prevented from being heard or words prevented from being read - same thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #92 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 04:33 AM
SAS Member

The right is FAR more violent than the left. There is data to support that. This is just sensational BS
post #93 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 04:37 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonB1415 View Post
The right is FAR more violent than the left. There is data to support that. This is just sensational BS

You mean the far right is more violent than the left period. Between left and right, it's not even close. Leftists win. Communism anyone?

post #94 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 06:08 AM
source of vitamin C

My Mood: Asleep
Quote:
If you're a straight, white male and you're concerned about issues like demographics, free speech, mass immigration, the rise of Islamic extremism and so forth you're going to be met with a lot of resistance from a group self-righteous individuals who will do everything in their power to ensure that you're discredited, slandered, gagged and generally intimidated into silence. Being conservative these days is a bit like being gay back in the 1950's, generally you keep it to yourself through fear of what may happen if you come out. @Milco has managed to convince himself that I'm a "Neo-Nazi" for example as I reject left-wing extremism, this is what will happen to anyone if they speak out often enough about the problems our societies face. It doesn't matter how eloquent your arguments are or how well you reason. If you commit 'wrongthink' you'll get noticed and then get slurred by the intolerant far-left. It is as inevitable as night following day.
Even if you were there as you passionately believed in free speech you'd still have been labeled a Nazi by the left, they even assaulted an old lady this weekend in Boston. It's just not worth it.
Quote:
This is a great start, something we need more of.

It would be nice if the media could in some way rehabilitate itself so instead of pushing this overly simplistic "good vs evil" or "Nazi vs civil rights campaigner" narrative
the British media made no mention of the leftist violence present at Charlottesville and chose instead to link all the violence to 'Nazis'.
Quote:
Labeling every single protester at Charlottesville a 'Nazi' is just as counter productive and as ignorant as labeling every single Muslim a terrorist.

Quote:
Between left and right, it's not even close. Leftists win.
post #95 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 06:09 AM
Dum di dum

Language: Dansk, English, und ein bisschen Deutch
Quote:
You mean the far right is more violent than the left period. Between left and right, it's not even close. Leftists win. Communism anyone?
The totalitarian communist regimes were an atrocity, but these threads are (generally) about the US and as you know - because I cited it recently - the right has killed and caused injurity to far more people in the past 25 years than the left has.
It's not a competition and it in no way means the left has any right to 'catch up' or anything like that, but it does make posts suggesting that the violence and hatred always comes from the left rather disingenuous and dishonest.
post #96 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 06:32 AM
Hand Solo

Language: Wookiee
Quote:
If you want to include other cultures in the tally, you would have to include Muslim terrorists on the right, since they are fundamentalists too. As well as the 3rd Reich. I think you have the left beat no matter how you look at it.
post #97 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 11:32 AM
Resist

My Mood: Tired
Quote:

Conservative terrorists have killed far more people than the left have. But of course, to you, throwing rocks and killing someone with a vehicle are the samething.

TRE45ON

"One thing he (Trump) does know is how to get angry, white men to vote for him."- Bill Clinton

Without question the worst president we’ve ever had- Harry Reid on trump.

No question, Trump is racist.- America's heroine Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

All roads with you lead to Putin.- Pelosi to trump on his treason

#WeAccept
#MakeRacistsAfraidAgain
#NotMyPresident

Recognize human trafficking:
http://www.dhs.gov/blue-campaign
post #98 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

post #99 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 12:58 PM
Zodiac Sign: LEO!!!

My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubly View Post
Conservative terrorists have killed far more people than the left have. But of course, to you, throwing rocks and killing someone with a vehicle are the samething.
doesnt matter "who has killed more or who has killed less." Playing the numbers game doesn't make any one particular group "less worse" than the other.

its just a weak way to say "this other side's worse" because they killed more.

again, i'm sure that any victims are so relieved that they may represent any "minority" of victims. "Oh, thank heavens we represent the minority of victims. Oh, praise the Lawd!"

Waiting for a beam to break through here,
A chain-way vision bright and clear,
This must be it,
Longed for Bliss,
First it was so quiet and now I know I am not alone in here.

If you can read this, you must look at my profile page. I like people who have attention to detail, and curiosity. Have a look, the lion's torso is on diplay :-p
post #100 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 01:59 PM
Resist

My Mood: Tired
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILOBRAVO View Post
doesnt matter "who has killed more or who has killed less." Playing the numbers game doesn't make any one particular group "less worse" than the other.

its just a weak way to say "this other side's worse" because they killed more.

again, i'm sure that any victims are so relieved that they may represent any "minority" of victims. "Oh, thank heavens we represent the minority of victims. Oh, praise the Lawd!"
Yea it does. Americans are far more likely to die from conservative terrorists and gun nuts.

TRE45ON

"One thing he (Trump) does know is how to get angry, white men to vote for him."- Bill Clinton

Without question the worst president we’ve ever had- Harry Reid on trump.

No question, Trump is racist.- America's heroine Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

All roads with you lead to Putin.- Pelosi to trump on his treason

#WeAccept
#MakeRacistsAfraidAgain
#NotMyPresident

Recognize human trafficking:
http://www.dhs.gov/blue-campaign

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page