extinction rebellion london tube - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 12:11 AM
occasionally lesbian NRx

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum96 View Post
Extinction Rebellion is no cult, but some of their recent activities leave a lot to be desired. Alienating the working class is not gonna help them make further progress in their aim, no matter how noble they think it is. But **** them macho vacuum-brained idiots assualting them like that. Also bizarre that Islam and Muslims are even being mentioned in this thread. Classic SAS
lol chill, I almost always side with protesters/rebels and the fallout was similar, no need to freak out because they just happen to be Muslims.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 01:50 AM
Permanently Banned

Language: Pidgin
hang them all
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 07:18 AM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by unemployment simulator View Post
but so far only coming up with confused points about "whole lifestyle changes". I think xr really just need to organise themselves better, formulate a strategy, try and come up with an actual political perspective and present a REAL alternative.
Yes, what would those changes be though, to have a realistic lasting positive effect on the planet ? To go back to a time when humans were in balance with nature, giving back as much as we take ? Which is what I assume these people are ultimately saying needs to happen.

That's impossible with the current human population levels which are still rising, nearly 8 billion people can't go back to being in indigenous tribes living in forests & caves at one with nature.

We're on this rollercoaster whether we like it or not, the only real control anyone has as individuals is not inviting anyone else.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth

post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 10:29 AM
Resist

My Mood: Tired
Preventing someone from going to work is taking food out of their kids' mouth. There are better ways to protest.

TRE45ON

"One thing he (Trump) does know is how to get angry, white men to vote for him."- Bill Clinton

Without question the worst president we’ve ever had- Harry Reid on trump.

No question, Trump is racist.- America's heroine Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

All roads with you lead to Putin.- Pelosi to trump on his treason

#WeAccept
#MakeRacistsAfraidAgain
#NotMyPresident

Recognize human trafficking:
http://www.dhs.gov/blue-campaign
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
nothing fills the void

Language: rambling
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2 View Post
Yes, what would those changes be though, to have a realistic lasting positive effect on the planet ? To go back to a time when humans were in balance with nature, giving back as much as we take ? Which is what I assume these people are ultimately saying needs to happen.

That's impossible with the current human population levels which are still rising, nearly 8 billion people can't go back to being in indigenous tribes living in forests & caves at one with nature.

We're on this rollercoaster whether we like it or not, the only real control anyone has as individuals is not inviting anyone else.

they should go in the direction of anti capitalism. there is no huge anti capitalist movement and pretty much all their gripes they have with the world have capitalism as the source of the problem. would make a lot of sense if they reformed their movement with goals and manifesto's on how to achieve this, but that would require some incredibly intelligent socio-political leaders who already know how to change the planet in this way... they don't seem that organised or smart right now...

I like donuts
post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 12:16 PM
monk

Language: english, silence
My Mood: Amazed
nice work XR

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 01:13 PM
Greasy prospector

Quote:
they should go in the direction of anti capitalism.
True, that's the obvious route, needs a good leader, should be given a fair chance, but ultimately would it make a real difference ? To little to late ?

How is that gonna stop a massive population needing/wanting food, goods, services & luxuries they've become accustomed too, worked hard for ? That is what's doing the damage atm, but I suppose what can be done but try.

A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
- Macbeth
post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 03:06 PM
Zodiac Sign: LEO!!!

My Mood: Angelic
These climate protester clowns are speeding up global warming with all the hot air they're expelling from their mouths complaining about the UK's already sh!tty cold climate slightly improving by getting ever so slightly milder. Bit ironic, that is.

Being a bit warmer/less cold on this miserable island , especially in winter, wouldn't be a bad thing. Global warming might also improve our tourist industry. Why go to Cyprus when you can flock to sunny Skegness?

Waiting for a beam to break through here,
A chain-way vision bright and clear,
This must be it,
Longed for Bliss,
First it was so quiet and now I know I am not alone in here.

If you can read this, you must look at my profile page. I like people who have attention to detail, and curiosity. Have a look, the lion's torso is on diplay :-p
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 03:13 PM
monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILOBRAVO View Post
These climate protester clowns are speeding up global warming with all the hot air they're expelling from their mouths complaining about the UK's already sh!tty cold climate slightly improving by getting ever so slightly milder. Bit ironic, that is.

Being a bit warmer/less cold on this miserable island , especially in winter, wouldn't be a bad thing. Global warming might also improve our tourist industry. Why go to Cyprus when you can flock to sunny Skegness?
is it classic comedy hour?

―Balon Greyjoy
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1984 View Post
is it classic comedy hour?
It's flippin' common sense hour.

Seriously, are you against it being a bit milder and having a shorter, less cold and less snowy/icy winter?

This must be it,
Longed for Bliss,

If you can read this, you must look at my profile page. I like people who have attention to detail, and curiosity. Have a look, the lion's torso is on diplay :-p
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 03:29 PM
monk

Quote:
It's flippin' common sense hour.

Seriously, are you against it being a bit milder and having a shorter, less cold and less snowy/icy winter?
blimey are you being serious?

―Balon Greyjoy
post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1984 View Post
blimey are you being serious?
I'm fed up being cold. A bitta warming up I wouldn't be against. Give it many thousands of years again and we'll be back in another ice age. There have been several ice ages.

Anyway, I wonder what it was that melted the mile-thick sheet of ice that The UK was under thousands and thousands of years ago? You know, the glaciers? Big sheets of ice that carved out landscapes and hills and valleys and all that? Long time ago before
humans' industry and fossil fuels? Was it natural climate change? The earth suddenly and dramatically warmed up and most of the glaciers melted with no humans to blame. Why can't people accept that due to natural cycles that climate change is natural and unavoidable? The climate of the earth has continually shifted around since it's been here. Were actually still just about in the tail end of the last ice age. What caused the Medieval Warm period? What, 400-odd years of much warmer climate? What about variations in solar output? Milankovich.cycles?

This must be it,
Longed for Bliss,

post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 04:24 PM
Greasy prospector

Yes climate change is a natural cycle but I'm afraid our actions are speeding it up quite a bit this time & it's not just that.

It's the amount of raw sewage & chemical fertilisers/pesticides, animal excrement, plastic, radioactive material, that's flowing of land & being dumped into the rivers & oceans around the world some of which is in trying to keep up with ever increasing demand for food, never mind overfishing.

Degradation of land & soil over time because of intensive farming practices, deforestation, many varieties of endangered species at ever increasing chances of extinction through poaching, loss of habitat, air/water pollution.

Increased extreme's of weather adding to difficulties, more intense storms, flooding, sea levels rising, it's alot more than getting a little warmer I'm afraid.

- Macbeth
post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 07:46 PM
Is that what day it is?

My Mood: Dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum96 View Post
Extinction Rebellion is no cult, but some of their recent activities leave a lot to be desired. Alienating the working class is not gonna help them make further progress in their aim, no matter how noble they think it is. But **** them macho vacuum-brained idiots assualting them like that. Also bizarre that Islam and Muslims are even being mentioned in this thread. Classic SAS
If you don't think this is a cult like organization I think you need to look more into the history of cults.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 10:45 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
I'm fed up being cold. A bitta warming up I wouldn't be against. Give it many thousands of years again and we'll be back in another ice age. There have been several ice ages.

Anyway, I wonder what it was that melted the mile-thick sheet of ice that The UK was under thousands and thousands of years ago? You know, the glaciers? Big sheets of ice that carved out landscapes and hills and valleys and all that? Long time ago before
humans' industry and fossil fuels? Was it natural climate change? The earth suddenly and dramatically warmed up and most of the glaciers melted with no humans to blame. Why can't people accept that due to natural cycles that climate change is natural and unavoidable? The climate of the earth has continually shifted around since it's been here. Were actually still just about in the tail end of the last ice age. What caused the Medieval Warm period? What, 400-odd years of much warmer climate? What about variations in solar output? Milankovich.cycles?

The Milankovitch cycles are currently in a cooling trend, yet we're getting warmer. The Medieval Warm Period was a local event not a global one (hence Medieval Warm Period). The Earth warmed up at a relatively sedate pace at the end of the last glacial period compared to today.

The same tired, old arguments over and over again. Just like creationists.

Get some new material. You're boring.
post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy11200 View Post
The Milankovitch cycles are currently in a cooling trend, yet we're getting warmer. You're boring.

So? The next ice age is still predicted to happen. Human emissions have done us a favour in the fact that this next ice age is just going to be pushed back for a long time. Eventually there will be another ice age, and we'll all get stuffed that way. Don't worry though. We can all stay warm for a little while as we laugh up our cuffs while burning all the copies of Al Gore's global warming book.

I don't know why people just refuse to accept ( or try to stop people realising) that climate change is natural and they just want people to believe that it's all because of humans. Why don't people realize that past times in the earth's history the climate has see-sawed all over the place?

It's just too bad that we'll all be long long long gone by then when the next ice age hits, though. Won't be able to say I told you so.

Boring? Meh, so are you. Not my style to inflict a personal insult, but I'll just hover down to your level just so you see what it's like.

This must be it,
Longed for Bliss,

post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 06:06 AM
SAS Member

Language: English
Quote:
they should go in the direction of anti capitalism. there is no huge anti capitalist movement and pretty much all their gripes they have with the world have capitalism as the source of the problem. would make a lot of sense if they reformed their movement with goals and manifesto's on how to achieve this, but that would require some incredibly intelligent socio-political leaders who already know how to change the planet in this way... they don't seem that organised or smart right now...
Definitely.
I support these protestors in spirit, but the only thing that could avert our environmental disasters of resource depletion, species loss and sudden climate change would be if we consumed less energy each year. That would mean our industrialized globalized society would have to become less complex, and to lose complexity in a planned way without causing lots of people to die and the system to outright collapse would take an incredible amount of foresight and ingenuity, since the system we're in naturally wants to grow until the point it can't anymore, just like a maturing forest. I guess protests could be the start of positive change, but they'll do nothing on their own.

Language is a virus from outer space!

--William Burroughs; Laurie Anderson
post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 12:27 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Fine
i have no idea what the Extinction Rebellion is or what their end goal is

hi i am the new girl
post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 02:33 PM
Greasy prospector

Quote:
Originally Posted by clary321 View Post
i have no idea what the Extinction Rebellion is or what their end goal is
To take us back to the stone age & see if we can live without breaking the earth.

- Macbeth
post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 11:05 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Fine
but why would anyone want to live in the stone age?

hi i am the new girl

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page