Eugenics, racism, abortion - Social Anxiety Forum
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
Is that what day it is?
 
Nonsensical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Nowhereville
Gender: Male
Age: 29
Posts: 7,925
My Mood: Dead

Eugenics, racism, abortion


this thread was inspired by another because many Americans aren't aware of our history with this less than savory topic and where we are in modern America. I realize that it will be difficult for many people to swallow that modern abortion adaptation is a continuation of racist eugenic philosophies that have been practiced in the past but it's there.


Some essential reading :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics

http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/b...united-states/

Quote:
Abortion, by the numbers, is a racist institution. That's not to say that all or even most of those who support abortion are racists. Nor does it imply that there are not racists among those who oppose abortion. This statement has nothing to do with agendas or intent. It has everything to do with the simple undeniable reality that in the United States, abortion kills black children at roughly three times the rate of non-Hispanic, white children. The Reverend Clenard H. Childress calls this phenomenon "black genocide" and has built a national ministry around its exposure. Alveda C. King, daughter of slain civil-rights leader A.D. King and niece of Martin Luther King, Jr., quotes her uncle often when outlining her opposition of abortion. She writes:

[Martin Luther King, Jr.] once said, “The Negro cannot win as long as he is willing to sacrifice the lives of his children for comfort and safety.” How can the “Dream” survive if we murder the children? Every aborted baby is like a slave in the womb of his or her mother. The mother decides his or her fate.1

Lest you feel these claims are an exaggeration, consider the numbers. Among black women, the current abortion ratio is 420.2 That means there are 420 abortions for every 1,000 live births. Statistically, 30% of black pregnancies end in abortion (excluding miscarriages). Among white women, the abortion ratio is 121—which means less than 11% of white pregnancies end in abortion.3 The abortion ratio among Hispanic women is 178, or 15% of pregnancies.4 Even though whites make up 63.7% of America's population,5 white women account for only 37% of its abortions.6
http://abort73.com/abortion/abortion_and_race/


http://www.kff.org/womens-health-pol...tions-by-race/


In modern America a more sophisticated form of Eugenics is set to emerge through genetic research. I hope it yields better results.

Quote:
Recent advances in genetics and reproductive technology have opened the door to a new form of eugenics, termed “modern eugenics,” or “human genetic engineering,” that is focused on repairing faulty genes associated with disease or other health conditions. Human genetic engineering is the science of manipulating an individual’s genetic makeup, or genotype, with the intention of altering his or her observable traits, or phenotype. Human genetic engineering can be divided into two categories—negative engineering, referring to the correction of genetic disorders and deficiencies; and positive engineering, referring to the enhancement of an individual’s genetic make-up.

Negative genetic engineering involves modifying or removing genes to prevent or treat genetic disease. Genetic engineering of non-reproductive, or somatic, cells in order to correct genetic deficiencies is known as gene therapy, or somatic cell gene transfer (SCGT). Gene therapy harnesses the powerful technology of recombinant DNA to correct disease genes in a patient’s cells, which are then reintroduced back into the patient to replace the diseased cells.
https://helix.northwestern.edu/artic...-better-person

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Nonsensical is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 01:01 AM
ssɐlƃ ƃuᴉʞool ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥ┴
 
zonebox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Florida, Oosa
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,622
My Mood: Inspired
Good luck in your recruitment.

Remember, milk before meat.

Live and let live
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Whoever fights monsters should
see to it that in the process he does not become a
monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss,
the abyss will gaze back into you."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

http://zbox.neocities.org/
zonebox is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 01:27 AM Thread Starter
Is that what day it is?
 
Nonsensical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Nowhereville
Gender: Male
Age: 29
Posts: 7,925
My Mood: Dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonebox View Post
Good luck in your recruitment.

Remember, milk before meat.
I made this thread to bring attention to a topic that people are widely ignorant of because I saw some users advocating eugenicist ideas.

Now scurry along with your prejudice and preconceived notions, take the milk with you.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Nonsensical is offline  
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 01:48 AM
ssɐlƃ ƃuᴉʞool ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥ┴
 
zonebox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Florida, Oosa
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,622
My Mood: Inspired
You may wish to start off a bit more on the more digestible stuff, get people to question one thing they think they know, provide them the answers, carry on from there, It is especially important that you discredit the experts in the matter, and show how it is all a conspiracy to topple society and make us all slaves, but give it time. Before you know it, they will be full fledged on board with you.

Abortion and gene therapy are a good start, but perhaps something a little less.. you need to draw people in. You could bring in the fact that abortion was started by a racist, ask a few questions that would lead your audience to believe its intention now is full fledged racist. Same thing with genetics, ease into it. The main thing, is to make it shocking, but allow your audience a chance to digest your material, that is how all of the successful cults out there work. If you just put it all out there at once, they are going to run away.

These things matter, right? I mean, look at ancient aliens, you need to put some stuff out there, then ask "Could it be aliens?" That is how it works.

Fare well nonsensical.

Live and let live
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Whoever fights monsters should
see to it that in the process he does not become a
monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss,
the abyss will gaze back into you."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

http://zbox.neocities.org/
zonebox is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 01:49 AM
desperado
 
discoveryother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Language: english, but all in lower case
Posts: 1,925
My Mood: Innocent
"Abortion, by the numbers, is a racist institution."

i just... no... "by the numbers" lol! in that case everything is a racist institution. i don't think abortion is an institution by the way. its a procedure, no?

some clarification is needed between there being a historical or non-racist cultural cause to racial statistics, racial statistics which are caused by racism that is external to the phenomena actually under investigation, and a practice which is in itself racist (which need not have any statistical evidence, just evidence that the mechanism involved is racist).

statistics is statistics. the whys of the statistics needs to be considered properly. you can't just say there's more black people over there than over here, therefore racism...

:/
discoveryother is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 02:07 AM
ssɐlƃ ƃuᴉʞool ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥ┴
 
zonebox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Florida, Oosa
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,622
My Mood: Inspired
You know nonsensicle, I'm a bit of a jerk. I'm sorry for being rude to you, I get a bit passionate about these subjects and try to avoid S&C specifically because of that. You don't deserve that sort of a treatment. I'm gonna head for bed, and take my milk with me.

Live and let live
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Whoever fights monsters should
see to it that in the process he does not become a
monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss,
the abyss will gaze back into you."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

http://zbox.neocities.org/
zonebox is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 02:33 AM Thread Starter
Is that what day it is?
 
Nonsensical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Nowhereville
Gender: Male
Age: 29
Posts: 7,925
My Mood: Dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonebox View Post
You may wish to start off a bit more on the more digestible stuff, get people to question one thing they think they know, provide them the answers, carry on from there, It is especially important that you discredit the experts in the matter, and show how it is all a conspiracy to topple society and make us all slaves, but give it time. Before you know it, they will be full fledged on board with you.

Abortion and gene therapy are a good start, but perhaps something a little less.. you need to draw people in. You could bring in the fact that abortion was started by a racist, ask a few questions that would lead your audience to believe its intention now is full fledged racist. Same thing with genetics, ease into it. The main thing, is to make it shocking, but allow your audience a chance to digest your material, that is how all of the successful cults out there work. If you just put it all out there at once, they are going to run away.

These things matter, right? I mean, look at ancient aliens, you need to put some stuff out there, then ask "Could it be aliens?" That is how it works.

Fare well nonsensical.

I admit my Ideas aren't formed properly here. What I really want is a discussion on the problems in undeserved populations in the US. I suppose people will always make assumptions around these topics.


I want to address problems in our society that are admittedly ugly.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Nonsensical is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 02:37 AM Thread Starter
Is that what day it is?
 
Nonsensical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Nowhereville
Gender: Male
Age: 29
Posts: 7,925
My Mood: Dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1984thesecond View Post
"Abortion, by the numbers, is a racist institution."

i just... no... "by the numbers" lol! in that case everything is a racist institution. i don't think abortion is an institution by the way. its a procedure, no?

some clarification is needed between there being a historical or non-racist cultural cause to racial statistics, racial statistics which are caused by racism that is external to the phenomena actually under investigation, and a practice which is in itself racist (which need not have any statistical evidence, just evidence that the mechanism involved is racist).

statistics is statistics. the whys of the statistics needs to be considered properly. you can't just say there's more black people over there than over here, therefore racism...
It's not a racial issue, it's a problem of wealth inequality in the US. The reason there are much higher rates of blacks seeking abortions is due to poverty rates. Those are highly influenced by inherited poverty, the areas they grow up in are poor so their education is poor due to taxation raising low revenues for example.

I threw a bunch of information out without piecing it together for my narrative. Laziness on my part.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Nonsensical is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 02:59 AM
desperado
 
discoveryother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Language: english, but all in lower case
Posts: 1,925
My Mood: Innocent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
It's not a racial issue, it's a problem of wealth inequality in the US. The reason there are much higher rates of blacks seeking abortions is due to poverty rates. Those are highly influenced by inherited poverty, the areas they grow up in are poor so their education is poor due to taxation raising low revenues for example.

I threw a bunch of information out without piecing it together for my narrative. Laziness on my part.
but the thread title said racism. you meant poverty? it makes sense for poor people to abort children they can't afford to have. if you are anti-abortion then that is taking choices away from people who are very often in poverty according to what you are saying. but the solution is in what you said, its about poverty, so you should be wanting to throw money at these people. remove poverty and abortion rates will decrease. so instead of posting a thread about abortion, you should make a thread about poverty.

my theory is that people like those issues which they can do nothing about, because then they don't have to do anything. they love to rave on about them because its easy and fun. but something you can do something about - you can just do it. anyone with a decent income or spare time can do something about poverty.

:/
discoveryother is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 03:10 AM Thread Starter
Is that what day it is?
 
Nonsensical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Nowhereville
Gender: Male
Age: 29
Posts: 7,925
My Mood: Dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1984thesecond View Post
but the thread title said racism. you meant poverty? it makes sense for poor people to abort children they can't afford to have. if you are anti-abortion then that is taking choices away from people who are very often in poverty according to what you are saying. but the solution is in what you said, its about poverty, so you should be wanting to throw money at these people. remove poverty and abortion rates will decrease. so instead of posting a thread about abortion, you should make a thread about poverty.

my theory is that people like those issues which they can do nothing about, because then they don't have to do anything. they love to rave on about them because its easy and fun. but something you can do something about - you can just do it. anyone with a decent income or spare time can do something about poverty.
It's hard to avoid racism when we talk about eugenics as well. I'm not anti-abortionist, I'm displeased people feel it's a necessity due to money constraints.

I made this topic as it is because I figured it would be eye catching. Every time I've made a serious thread about a serious issue people have found it too boring to comment. If I were only talking about poverty in the US people would immediately shut off.

The history of Eugenics is as such that it specifically targets those that lack what's considered social mobility. In America people whom have lacked social mobility are minorities who suffer income gaps. I only see auxiliary problems to this core issue being discussed.

Eugenics shows the Darwinism of America in a very upfront method in my opinion. It was applied with scientific method in a very horrible and cruel way that lacked empathy.


The solution isn't throwing money at these people. It's providing greater access to opportunity.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Nonsensical is offline  
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 03:15 AM
Hand Solo
 
Chevy396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Colorado
Language: Wookiee
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
I made this topic as it is because I figured it would be eye catching. Every time I've made a serious thread about a serious issue people have found it too boring to comment. If I were only talking about poverty in the US people would immediately shut off.
I think it may have more to do with the length of your posts, and the way you make it so difficult to follow what your point is.

I enjoy serious threads.
Chevy396 is offline  
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 04:20 AM
SAS Member
 
crimeclub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 9,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
I made this topic as it is because I figured it would be eye catching. Every time I've made a serious thread about a serious issue people have found it too boring to comment. If I were only talking about poverty in the US people would immediately shut off.
Unfortunately important topics can be super boring lol, so I agree you do kind of have to start off with a hook and add a little flare. Like if I were to make a thread about my thoughts on the Keystone XL pipeline I'd practically have to pay a comedian to punch it up, I nearly fell asleep just typing 'Keystone XL pipeline'.

Not that I think people are generally okay with being uninformed but I'm aware that this place isn't considered a main source of info/news so it won't be treated as such in regards to attention span.
crimeclub is offline  
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 04:37 AM
desperado
 
discoveryother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Language: english, but all in lower case
Posts: 1,925
My Mood: Innocent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
It's hard to avoid racism when we talk about eugenics as well. I'm not anti-abortionist, I'm displeased people feel it's a necessity due to money constraints.
i don't think people are that stupid anymore though - to make eugenics a race thing. you'd have to go to somewhere like south sudan to see that level of racism. i mean everywhere has some racist crazies but but people don't pay much attention to them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
I made this topic as it is because I figured it would be eye catching. Every time I've made a serious thread about a serious issue people have found it too boring to comment. If I were only talking about poverty in the US people would immediately shut off.
true, i don't like to talk about serious issues too much. most of those issues are all argued out, or people have really entrenched views. i like to argue about things when its pretty easy and its something where i don't have to do anything, like i said about other people before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
The history of Eugenics is as such that it specifically targets those that lack what's considered social mobility. In America people whom have lacked social mobility are minorities who suffer income gaps. I only see auxiliary problems to this core issue being discussed.

Eugenics shows the Darwinism of America in a very upfront method in my opinion. It was applied with scientific method in a very horrible and cruel way that lacked empathy.
i don't know what you're referring to there. what was done with the scientific method? now you're trying to bait me by pretending to be anti-science and associating science with a lack of empathy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
The solution isn't throwing money at these people. It's providing greater access to opportunity.
most places i know of, money is opportunity though. or opportunity only means opportunity to get money. having money thrown at you is a great opportunity to get money. having money is a great opportunity to get the things you need.

:/
discoveryother is offline  
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 04:43 AM
ghostly
 
mt moyt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: k2 east face
Gender: Male
Age: 26
Posts: 3,482
eugenics makes me feel worthless so I'm against it

believe in urself
mt moyt is offline  
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 06:55 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,692
The modern availability of abortion as a choice for women is not a racist eugenics program. And if it were, so would be birth control and abstinence education (less effective but still intended to avoid unwanted children).
persona non grata is offline  
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 07:32 AM
SAS Member
 
Vladimere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 937
My Mood: Scared
Margaret Sanger, classist scumbag. She believed that simply being poor or uneducated made you an inferior human being and deserving of destruction. It's a line of reasoning still used today supporting abortions for 'financial concerns'. Your too poor to breed. That line of reasoning falls short on me. Why should you not be born simply because your parents have no 'bling'? I disagree that money makes you human or gives life meaning or that life is not worth living if your poor. It's a disgusting attitude towards human life especially since an overwhelming majority of humanity lives in poverty. It's classism and it's ugly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Sanger

Where I do agree there are differences between races, (don't see many 5 foot Hasidic Jews running the 100 meter dash) I don't believe any of them make one person more human than another. So to me, eugenics fails on principle as well as half of the pro-abortion arguments.
Vladimere is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A radical way to end racism ljubo Society & Culture 44 09-02-2016 07:53 PM
Texas abortion restrictions ruled un-Constitutional Maslow Society & Culture 16 07-01-2016 05:46 AM
On the definition of racism Barakiel Society & Culture 64 06-08-2016 05:39 PM
Conservatism and racism are now officially the same thing Maslow Society & Culture 17 06-07-2016 04:07 PM
Have you ever experienced racism? MCCyves Society & Culture 43 02-29-2016 09:26 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome