Australian fires - nobody help? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-04-2020, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: I have a one tongue and that is not English
My Mood: Cheeky

Australian fires - nobody help?

Are we all just looking when Australia burns down? Where are the armys and staffs?
We could at least all give a dollar to send help, that would make a lot of money from all countries in the world.

No, I don't speak English and that is a secret of my happiness!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-04-2020, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Are these real places to donate? My English is so bad, is that official channel?

Sydney University have estimated more than 480 million animals have died in Australia since September, as a result of the bushfires.
WIRES
To help the NSW wildlife victims, you can donate to the NSW Wildlife Information, Rescue and Education Service (WIRES) here.
Port Macquarie Koala Hospital
More than 2000 koalas are feared to have perished in NSW since September.
The Port Macquarie Koala Hospital have raised more than $2 million for the wildlife affected in that area, with the initial aim of using the money to distribute automatic drinking stations in the burnt areas to help in koala and wildlife survival.
The organisation are now sharing the funds with other wildlife organisations in the fire affected regions across NSW. You can donate here.
https://www.news.com.au/technology/e...281ea6be204421

post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-04-2020, 05:32 PM
Una imposibilidad yestoqu

Language: Luuvvvv
This is so sad. We're losing so much due to fire, not to mention tons of ice melting every day. If someone was looking for a sign of endtimes, this could be one of them. 😞

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 04:08 AM
Packing My Bags

California had a taste of it, although Australia is having it much worst since their climate is so much hotter. Definitely does seem to be sign of the end times due to global warming. Especially with them having quite a few record heatwaves and record spans of them in just within the last decade. Probably a likely premonition of what's to come in other parts of the world as well.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.

If I fail to adapt to the fault of others, it is my fault.

Succinct is golden.
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 05:32 AM
2 steps fwrd,2 steps back

Language: rambling

this sort of thing is happening so often now. we've witnessed the same in the uk with floods and the areas affected being neglected by those in power. also in america when tornado's hit parts of the south.

these people in power don't give a ****

I like donuts
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

If they have laws against animal cruelty they must have some programs to save animals. If fires (even smaller) are yearly, then they should have all systems how to do that. But the other world cannot just let species extinct because of fires and England.. Some of the responsibilty does belong to England too. England seems to be a bit hypocrite in this since there is big history against animal cruelties (I know, there is still musch left, but they do have a history of work against animal cruelty too).

post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dino View Post
California had a taste of it, although Australia is having it much worst since their climate is so much hotter. Definitely does seem to be sign of the end times due to global warming. Especially with them having quite a few record heatwaves and record spans of them in just within the last decade. Probably a likely premonition of what's to come in other parts of the world as well.

How are Californian fires now? They have not keep it on the news anymore as there was Rainforest fires and Australian fires. It is also a problem when one is forgotten when new ones comes. Globally those all are big with tragical consequences. It really ticks me off when we look at back in time and judge extict of lost species, massmurders of bisons etc., poaching but stil, when we could prevent extinct then, the world does not show its power and make a stop for it. People should care and cather together when it is time to act.

post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 12:37 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
^^ Historically people as a whole don't care about animals or trees unless it makes economic sense to do so, governments included.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2 View Post
^^ Historically people as a whole don't care about animals or trees unless it makes economic sense to do so, governments included.

There is always people and organizations who cares so some people care and some don't. Which one are you?

post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 01:20 PM
2 steps fwrd,2 steps back

Language: rambling
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothlinghs View Post
If they have laws against animal cruelty they must have some programs to save animals. If fires (even smaller) are yearly, then they should have all systems how to do that. But the other world cannot just let species extinct because of fires and England.. Some of the responsibilty does belong to England too. England seems to be a bit hypocrite in this since there is big history against animal cruelties (I know, there is still musch left, but they do have a history of work against animal cruelty too).

huh? you mean fox hunting? pretty much the whole country is against that apart from a few rich toffs.

I like donuts
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 01:25 PM
Greasy prospector

Quote:
There is always people and organizations who cares so some people care and some don't. Which one are you?
True, yes I do care, but I probably used to care alot more than I do now, I've become a bit apathetic about the whole thing cause humans as a whole never change.

As a whole we're an ever expanding destructive force on this planet & that's not going to change anytime soon, saving a few koalas won't redeem us, but I guess those of us with a shred of conscience should still try.

A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
- Macbeth
post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 02:51 PM
SAS Member

I don't know much about Australian politics but from what I've been reading it sounds like the PM needs to get kicked out of office, he cut fire protection funding by 75% right before these fires (to give tax cuts to the rich of course), he's still trying to make climate protests and boycotts illegal, the reports being sent out to the public regarding updates and data are apparently being undermined by his administration, like Sydney's air quality is about 20x above what would be considered dangerous yet they're not advising the public on what to do, not even handing out masks.

With all the property damage the insurance companies aren't going to be able to pay out, it's too bad we don't have a decent president in office here in the US, we wouldn't be spending trillions on military weapons right now we'd actually be sending proper aid.

Anyway, there's no way we should have climate science deniers leading entire countries anymore, that alone should get him kicked out of office as soon as possible.
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 03:00 PM
Greasy prospector

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimeclub View Post
Anyway, there's no way we should have climate science deniers leading entire countries anymore, that alone should get him kicked out of office as soon as possible.
Agreed but how do you stop corruption ?Alot of leaders probably give in to back handers to keep quiet or look the other way by people in the oil industry etc.

- Macbeth
post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 03:05 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2 View Post
Agreed but how do you stop corruption ?Alot of leaders probably give in to back handers to keep quiet or look the other way by people in the oil industry etc.
Yeah, who knows. I don't think the PM is actually a climate science denier, just like Republican politicians in the US it's just a stance taken to signal to corporations that they're open for business.
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 03:11 PM
The Wanderer

Quote:
Are these real places to donate? My English is so bad, is that official channel?

Sydney University have estimated more than 480 million animals have died in Australia since September, as a result of the bushfires.
WIRES
To help the NSW wildlife victims, you can donate to the NSW Wildlife Information, Rescue and Education Service (WIRES) here.
Port Macquarie Koala Hospital
More than 2000 koalas are feared to have perished in NSW since September.
The Port Macquarie Koala Hospital have raised more than $2 million for the wildlife affected in that area, with the initial aim of using the money to distribute automatic drinking stations in the burnt areas to help in koala and wildlife survival.
The organisation are now sharing the funds with other wildlife organisations in the fire affected regions across NSW. You can donate here.
https://www.news.com.au/technology/e...281ea6be204421

Heres some more links to help firefighters and the animals:

https://ktla.com/2020/01/04/heres-ho...ildfires-rage/

Also WWF Australia:
https://www.wwf.org.au/get-involved/...ency#gs.po0sxw

[Everyone disliked that.]
post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-06-2020, 03:35 AM
Packing My Bags

Quote:
How are Californian fires now? They have not keep it on the news anymore as there was Rainforest fires and Australian fires. It is also a problem when one is forgotten when new ones comes. Globally those all are big with tragical consequences. It really ticks me off when we look at back in time and judge extict of lost species, massmurders of bisons etc., poaching but stil, when we could prevent extinct then, the world does not show its power and make a stop for it. People should care and cather together when it is time to act.

The california fires are only rampart during fire seasons, mostly late summer to late autumn when it gets very strong warm dry winds. With really big ones usually happening once a few years. But this past several years, it's been getting the big ones a few times per year. I think the top 5 biggest ones were all within the decade. Things are certainly getting worst with climate based disasters.

As long as it doesn't affect the instant short term well being of society, most people will not care for them. By the time things become so urgent that they realize, it's gonna be too late. So they will just accept it's the problem of the next generation, not ours.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.

If I fail to adapt to the fault of others, it is my fault.

Succinct is golden.
post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-06-2020, 09:33 AM
(J)joke(pj)partjoke(s)sar

Australian fires Caused by Arson NOT Global Warming.

https://thecount.com/2020/01/06/aust...iberately-set/
post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-06-2020, 09:58 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebootplease View Post

No one's saying climate change started the fires.
post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-06-2020, 10:06 AM
(J)joke(pj)partjoke(s)sar

Are you kidding? Every time a stove is left on politicians are quick to jump to global warming.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ge/4197630002/

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimeclub View Post
Quote:

No one's saying climate change started the fires.
post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-06-2020, 10:11 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Are you kidding? Every time a stove is left on politicians are quick to jump to global warming.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ge/4197630002/
I'm not really interested in what politicians say, they're usually too incompetent to do their own job let alone the job of a climate scientist. Climate change exasperates weather conditions, including wild fires, and it will increasingly gets worse over time, according to the experts in that field.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page