post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
SASsy

Language: King's English
My Mood: Brooding
Lightbulb

Americans hate the U.S. government more than ever

Americans hate the U.S. government more than ever

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/american...ore-than-ever/

A handful of industries are those "love to hate" types of businesses, such as cable-television companies and Internet service providers.

The federal government has joined the ranks of the bottom-of-the-barrel industries, according to a new survey from the American Customer Satisfaction Index. Americans' satisfaction level in dealing with federal agencies --everything from Treasury to Homeland Security -- has fallen for a third consecutive year, reaching an eight-year low.

The declines represent some backsliding for the U.S. government, given that satisfaction saw some improvement in 2011 and 2012, which may have been the result of spending in the wake of the recession. While the comparison with private enterprise isn't apples to apples given the nature of government services, the findings have some implications for bureaucrats.

"Satisfaction is linked to broader goals in the political system that it wants to maximize, like confidence and trust," said Forrest Morgeson, director of research at the ACSI. "It's much more difficult to govern if the entire population dislikes you."

Although satisfaction is down for the federal government as a whole, the research found that consumers have vastly different views of specific agencies. The department that received the highest score was the Department of the Interior, which received a ranking of 75 points. That could reflect Americans' positive feelings toward national parks, which many visit while on vacation, Morgeson noted.

The lowest-ranked department may not be much of a surprise to taxpayers: Treasury, which received a score of just 55 points, or 20 points below the Department of the Interior. Treasury, as a reminder, oversees the IRS.

"If you think about the most contacted government agency, it'll be the IRS," Morgeson said. "If you think about what the IRS does, which is take money from citizens, you'll have low satisfaction."

Despite the overall lower score for the government, there were some signs of improvement in citizens' experiences, with the feds earning improved scores in customer service and information, which means many citizens believe agencies are delivering information in a clearer way than a year ago.

The government report is based on surveys with more than 2,000 people who were surveyed late last year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 11:38 AM
SAS Member

Good. the second we become complacent we will end up like France or Greece. Not to mention Italy which has had an appointed prime minister for the past 7 years.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
SASsy

Americans have always had a healthy distrust of their government.

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 11:42 AM
SAS Member

lets hope it stays that way.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 11:43 AM
Cut Above

Language: English
My Mood: Crappy
Nobody likes taxes, least of all the rich. So that isn't surprising but i do agree that Americans never liked the government that they themselves created.

Invisible Kid locked away in his brain
From the shame and the pain
World down the drain
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
SASsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinn View Post
Nobody likes taxes, least of all the rich. So that isn't surprising but i do agree that Americans never liked the government that they themselves created.
That goes back to the Revolutionary War days. They had been ruled by King George for so long that their biggest fear was that another king would establish himself here. Anytime the government tries to grab more power Americans get concerned.

"We need a healthy economy and we shouldn't be embarrassed about our system. If you want to look at a system that is non-capitalistic, just take a look at what was perhaps the wealthiest country in the world and today people are starving to death. It's called Venezuela."

- Michael Bloomberg

--------------

“The media everywhere is mostly liberal.”

- Former CBS News Reporter Lara Logan
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
SASsy

post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 11:49 AM
Cut Above

Language: English
My Mood: Crappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletis View Post
That goes back to the Revolutionary War days. They had been ruled by King George for so long that their biggest fear was that another king would establish himself here. Anytime the government tries to grab more power Americans get concerned.
If they are so afraid of being controlled maybe they should go back to times like the old western movies! whoever draws a gun fastest is the law.

Invisible Kid locked away in his brain
From the shame and the pain
World down the drain
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 11:51 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletis View Post
Thats the truth!
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 11:52 AM
Is that what day it is?

My Mood: Dead
Trump and people like him are the biggest reason people are hating America right now. It's a ****ing joke, trump isn't a business man, he's a retard that delegates his business to cronies that he pays peanuts to. He's not a politician, and he doesn't understand a damn thing about our foreign politics. I'd rather have a highschool kid like @Cashel with some brains in his head run this country then an old self righteous retard who let's his pride run his life like trump.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 11:52 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinn View Post
If they are so afraid of being controlled maybe they should go back to times like the old western movies! whoever draws a gun fastest is the law.
We see it as a necessary evil.
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 11:58 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Trump and people like him are the biggest reason people are hating America right now. It's a ****ing joke, trump isn't a business man, he's a retard that delegates his business to cronies that he pays peanuts to. He's not a politician, and he doesn't understand a damn thing about our foreign politics. I'd rather have a highschool kid like @Cashel with some brains in his head run this country then an old self righteous retard who let's his pride run his life like trump.
first let me say that I'm not trump's biggest fan. but you cannot say he is not a businessman. he inherited 40 million from his farther, yet is currently worth between 2.9 and 4 billion. that's a good return on investment, its even better than the sp 500 if you factor in transaction costs.
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 12:16 PM
Is that what day it is?

My Mood: Dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalax View Post
first let me say that I'm not trump's biggest fan. but you cannot say he is not a businessman. he inherited 40 million from his farther, yet is currently worth between 2.9 and 4 billion. that's a good return on investment, its even better than the sp 500 if you factor in transaction costs.
If you think he did that work himself you're a silly nilly. Lol

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 12:24 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
If you think he did that work himself you're a silly nilly. Lol
you cannot know that to be true. I could send links to interviews where he talks about his work ethic but neither I nor you can be 100% sure he is being truthful. However it is most likely that he actually does work hard and have some direction, than him delegating almost everything to other people.
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 01:11 PM
SAS Member

Hate for government really grew around Civil Rights for blacks. First there was the Civil War because certain states felt they were being bullied by the federal government into freeing slaves. After these people lost the Civil War they still did everything in their power to make life for blacks miserable. The Federal government kept forcing them to behave morally. Then in the 60's the evil government forced them to end segregation and give blacks Civil Rights. The Federal government had to send in troops to force these states to comply.

That in a nutshell explains 70% of the hate for the Federal government.

Oh, and now we have a black president so of course you'll have a lot of pissed off anti-government people.

“We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.”

― Kurt Vonnegut
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 01:30 PM
You spoony bard!

Quote:
We see it as a necessary evil.
What about the women and kids who aren't going to be as good at it, they should just be good little slaves or die, right?
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 02:12 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofdespair View Post
What about the women and kids who aren't going to be as good at it, they should just be good little slaves or die, right?
what? that's so far out of left field I don't even know where to begin.
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 02:18 PM
You spoony bard!

Quote:
what? that's so far out of left field I don't even know where to begin.
How do women and kids get justice in a might makes right world?
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 02:37 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofdespair View Post
How do women and kids get justice in a might makes right world?
the same way men get justice. I guess I'm still not understanding your question.
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 02:44 PM
SAS Member

i hate the us goverment as well. word to george carlin. We want to talk about geniuses , George Carlin was a genius to me.
He knew what was up. R.i.p. Loved his Commentary .
I don't believe in voting and know its all smoke and mirrors bs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RATdsoGojeQ

“For myself, I have solved this political dilemma in a very direct way. On Election Day, I stay home. Two reasons: first of all, voting is meaningless; this country was bought and paid for a long time ago. That empty **** they shuffle around and repackage every four years doesn’t mean a thing. Second, I don’t vote, because I firmly believe that if you vote, you have no right to complain. I know some people like to twist that around and say, “If you don’t vote, you have no right to complain.” But where’s the logic in that? Think it through: If you vote, and you elect dishonest, incompetent politicians, and you screw things up, then you’re responsible for what they’ve done. You voted them in. You caused the problem. You have no right to complain. I, on the other hand, who did not vote—who, in fact, did not even leave the house on Election Day—am in no way responsible for what these politicians have done and have every right to complain about the mess you created. Which I had nothing to do with. Why can’t people see that?” ~George Carlin

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page