A devout muslim set the Houston mosque on fire? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Planet

My Mood: Crappy

A devout muslim set the Houston mosque on fire?

Source: http://www.chron.com/houston/article...#photo-9180066

Quote:
A Houston man has been arrested in connection with a suspected arson at a mosque on Christmas Day.

A spokeswoman for the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives confirmed that the man was arrested early Wednesday, sometime after midnight, and appeared in court 7 a.m. Wednesday.

The suspect, Gary Nathaniel Moore, 37, of Houston, appeared in court at 7 a.m., spokeswoman Nicole Strong said.

According to a charging instrument released by the Harris County District Clerk, Moore told investigators at the scene that he has attended the mosque for five years, coming five times per day to pray seven days per week.

Moore told investgiators had been at the mosque earlier on Dec. 25 to pray, and had left at about 2 p.m. to go home. Moore told investigators he was the last person to leave the mosque and saw no smoke or other signs of fire when he left. He had returned to the scene after hearing about the fire from a friend.

Using surveillance video from multiple businesses nearby, investigators were able to identify Moore, according to records. A search warrant of his home was conducted, in which investigators recovered a backpack and clothing that seemingly matched that which was seen in surveillance footage, as well as one half of a two-pack of charcoal lighter fluid bottles that seemed to match another lighter fluid bottle found inside the mosque.

Bond for Moore has been set at $100,000.
Sabotaging yourself, garnering sympathy and blaming the racist whites over it seems to be a trending meme nowadays.

How hard are you going to try and push this narrative? Why are the media playing along with it?

JUST DO IT, ******
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 01:54 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Amused
I haven't heard this story. But there is this myth of Islamaphobia here in the United States. Yes, there is a small segment of the population who hates Muslims just as there is a segment that hates Jews and Atheists. What Americans are tired of is hearing about Islamic terrorism day in and day out ever since 9/11. That's what they are fed up with and that's why there is paranoia. Not because people hate the average Muslim walking down the street corner.

If there's anyone to blame for the paranoia, it's the media blowing terrorism way out of proportion (for ratings) and the people engaging in the acts of terror. There are also people on the opposite extreme pretending there is no threat of Islamic radicalization in the west. These people are delusional. I find myself more in the middle on most political issues these days because our spectrum is polarized and all about narrative over facts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 02:02 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bitchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignopius View Post
If there's anyone to blame for the paranoia, it's the media blowing terrorism way out of proportion (for ratings) and the people engaging in the acts of terror.
Agreed, the media really screws up people!

It's a shame, but there will always be someone there to ruin your day. Doesn't matter what it is ... and sometimes it causes social anxiety, among other things :P

-Ben

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 02:10 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Amused
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon The Wise View Post
Agreed, the media really screws up people!

It's a shame, but there will always be someone there to ruin your day. Doesn't matter what it is ... and sometimes it causes social anxiety, among other things :P

-Ben
The paranoia by the media over terrorism is really no different than the paranoia over gun violence. And I by no means am an NRA supporter, but its quite amusing how both the right and left get trapped in this paranoia. Even though, its my belief, but both terrorism and gun violence are very small issues effecting Americans day to day life. There are much bigger issues we face.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 02:18 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bitchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignopius View Post
The paranoia by the media over terrorism is really no different than the paranoia over gun violence. And I by no means am an NRA supporter, but its quite amusing how both the right and left get trapped in this paranoia. Even though, its my belief, but both terrorism and gun violence are very small issues effecting Americans day to day life. There are much bigger issues we face.
Exactly my thoughts!

People need to set some time aside to think, and ponder about things. (That includes life itself)

-Ben
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 03:40 PM
Winter Is Here

My Mood: Drunk
Quote:
According to a charging instrument released by the Harris County District Clerk, Moore told investigators at the scene that he has attended the mosque for five years, coming five times per day to pray seven days per week.
Well, it seems that being extremely religious can mess up some people really bad. Maybe he got tired of it and went nuts?

When one person suffers from a delusion it's called insanity.
When many people suffer from a delusion it's called a Religion.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 03:45 PM
SASsy

Language: King's English
My Mood: Crappy

A devout muslim set the Houston mosque on fire?

Imagine that?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 04:47 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaladDays View Post
Source: http://www.chron.com/houston/article...#photo-9180066

Sabotaging yourself, garnering sympathy and blaming the racist whites over it seems to be a trending meme nowadays.

How hard are you going to try and push this narrative? Why are the media playing along with it?
This isn't anything new. Terrorists have been attacking mosques and terrorizing Muslims for quite some time.

And you can't be "racist" towards Muslims. Muslims are not a race. Not to mention race is bs anyway. There is only the human race painted in different colors.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• “The paradox seems to be, as Socrates demonstrated long ago, the truly free individual is free only to the extent of his own self-mastery. While those who will not govern themselves are condemned to find masters to govern over them.”
Steven Pressfield
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2015, 09:09 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletis View Post
Imagine that?
Muslims are instructed to lie to get their caliphate stuff.

It shouldn't be a surprise that they would try to play the victim.

The Obomination and the media are playing into it.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2015, 05:28 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenniumman75 View Post
Muslims are instructed to lie to get their caliphate stuff.

It shouldn't be a surprise that they would try to play the victim.

The Obomination and the media are playing into it.
but they attack Muslims as well. Hence the burning of mosques and people like Malala being shot in the face for reading a book.

• “The paradox seems to be, as Socrates demonstrated long ago, the truly free individual is free only to the extent of his own self-mastery. While those who will not govern themselves are condemned to find masters to govern over them.”
Steven Pressfield
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2015, 06:27 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by purechaos View Post
but they attack Muslims as well. Hence the burning of mosques and people like Malala being shot in the face for reading a book.

They are still Muslim......just an extreme form.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2015, 07:07 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenniumman75 View Post
They are still Muslim......just an extreme form.
that's true just saying that Muslims aren't immune to being victimized by terrorism.

Steven Pressfield

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page