9 dead, 16 injured in a shooting in Dayton, Ohio - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 92 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 01:58 AM Thread Starter
Resist

My Mood: Tired

9 dead, 16 injured in a shooting in Dayton, Ohio

3 mass shootings in less than a week. WTF is going on?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/04/us/da...ter/index.html

Quote:
Nine people are dead after shooting incident in Dayton, Ohio, according to police. Dayton Police say the suspect also is dead. Sixteen additional people were injured in the incident.

The incident -- the second mass shooting in less than a day-- took place around 1 a.m. outside on East 5th Street in the Oregon district, a popular downtown area, Dayton Deputy Director and Assistant Chief of the Police Lt. Col. Matt Carper told reporters early Sunday morning.
The suspect, who was shot and killed by responding officers, has not yet been identified, but Carper said the subject fired a long gun with multiple rounds.
No officers were injured in the confrontation, Carper said.
FOLLOW LIVE UPDATES
Police believe the suspect acted alone and that there is no remaining threat to the community, but the investigation is ongoing, Carper said. The FBI is assisting with the investigation, Carper said. The motive for the shooting was not immediately clear.
Though many people were killed or injured, Carper said that the incident was over quickly, because officers were already patrolling in the vicinity when the gunshots started.
"As bad as this is, it could have been much, much worse, as I think everyone will become aware of here as more information unfolds," Carper said.
Miami Valley Hospital communications department Terrea Little said the hospital received 16 victims from the Dayton shooting. She would not characterize the injuries.
Elizabeth Long, spokeswoman at Kettering Health Network, which operates several Dayton area hospitals including Kettering Medical Center and Grandview Medical Center tells CNN that they are treating multiple victims in the ER from the shooting. She was not able to give specific numbers or specific hospital name of where patients are being treated.
Dayton Police previously said via Twitter that were "investigating an active shooter incident" in the city's Oregon District and asked residents to avoid the area.
Dayton police are asking that anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information that would help in the investigation call 937-225-6217.

"One thing he (Trump) does know is how to get angry, white men to vote for him."- Bill Clinton

Without question the worst president we’ve ever had- Harry Reid on trump.

No question, Trump is racist- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

#WeAccept
#MakeRacistsAfraidAgain
#NotMyPresident

Recognize human trafficking:
http://www.dhs.gov/blue-campaign
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 92 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 04:38 AM
Zodiac Sign: LEO!!!

My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILOBRAVO View Post
Gotta laugh at all these Americans who "think" they are people with the most freedom. This freedom of "right to bear arms" gives you freedom? No. I mean, if you go to a garlic festival and you get shot or don't come home alive or one of your relatives is shot or doesn't come home again, just how free really are you? C'mon. A garlic festival are you weren't even safe at that? University, college, school, a shopping mall.... And there's a realistic chance that there's going to be a shooting and you have no idea where it could occur; it's unpredictable. Any time anywhere anyplace some day. Is that freedom? It's stupid. Get rid of the guns: THEY ARE DOING YOU NO GOOD. What good is your gun to you now when you're in your box 6 feet under? How much freedom do you have rotting in your box with an unprovoked shooters bullet in your brain?

Seriously American person: everytime you got to school college university shopping mall, Do you have in the back of your mind that, although unlikely but eminantly possible, that this particular time you attend one of those places that, some nutcase might pop you or one of your relatives? Is that a tiny thought you have in your mind every day that this could be a day I go to the mall and get murdered pointlessly and unprovoked? If it was me, I would have that thought.

Well even if it isn't , and if you said it wasn't, (which I would assume was a lie) , our gun control laws over here give us freedom. True freedom in the knowlegde that it's 99.999999999999999% sure that you can go to school, college, uni, shopping mall, garlic festival and not get shot by a nutter with a gun. That's true freedom that you Americans can never appreciate or realize: unless you get rid of the guns.
Seems Americans are too ignorant or too stupid to see hat the guns are doing you no good.

Waiting for a beam to break through here,
A chain-way vision bright and clear,
This must be it,
Longed for Bliss,
First it was so quiet and now I know I am not alone in here.

If you can read this, you must look at my profile page. I like people who have attention to detail, and curiosity. Have a look, the lion's torso is on diplay :-p
post #3 of 92 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 08:07 AM
Aspergian

Mass shootings are becoming the new "suicide bombings" here in America.

Our own U.S. government doesn't give a flying f*** about Americans.

Even if our scars don’t match there’s no wrong you can’t make better if you can figure out a way to change your mind.

And sure there’s things I regret not doing or doing. Those thoughts climb my spine like spiders, and then I’m really the stranger in my own bed,

and that ball of nervous gets pushed into every crack. That’s what’s holding the bricks together.

- Listener

post #4 of 92 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 10:44 AM
SAS Member

The b*stard apparently also shot his sister. I can't imagine what the parents are going through losing both kids in such a f***ed up way.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/08/conno...r-megan-betts/
post #5 of 92 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 11:12 AM
'internet nerd'

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Quote:
Quote:
Well even if it isn't , and if you said it wasn't, (which I would assume was a lie) , our gun control laws over here give us freedom. True freedom in the knowlegde that it's 99.999999999999999% sure that you can go to school, college, uni, shopping mall, garlic festival and not get shot by a nutter with a gun. That's true freedom that you Americans can never appreciate or realize: unless you get rid of the guns.
Seems Americans are too ignorant or too stupid to see hat the guns are doing you no good.
You can just get stabbed instead lol.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48186035

speaking of which I'm too lazy to upload the photo I took but not far from where I live (maybe a 10 minute walk,) there used to be a small collection of recycling bins for glass etc, which have very recently been replaced by a 'weapons disposal bin' lol.

But yeah your body count will be lower if you're not using a gun. Lots of incompetent impulsive shooters in the US, but a lot rack up 10+ fatalities. Of course the US government can't pretend that they're not ignoring social issues when so many people are dying.

Quote:
Please don't attempt to raid Nevada to 'see them aliens' as part of the internet's joke du jour, the US air force will not be amused.
Slavoj Žižek on the horrors of tulips.

🎸

"Who are you to change this world?
Silly boy!
No one needs to hear your words.
Let it go."
post #6 of 92 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 11:17 AM
The Groat King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Licker View Post
Mass shootings are becoming the new "suicide bombings" here in America.

They surely don't!
post #7 of 92 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 11:20 AM
SAS Member

Fox News with the answers this morning, they had an official from Texas saying it's not white supremacy it's because kids in school aren't religious enough and how they need to do school prayer each morning, and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy pulling out an oldie but a goodie, the problem is: videogames.

Are more right wingers going to talk about how the solution is raising kids in a Christian household teaching Christ-like values but also at the exact same time say that we all need to stop being so PC and stop worrying about people's feelings like little snowflakes?
post #8 of 92 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 11:35 AM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimeclub View Post
The b*stard apparently also shot his sister.
.....From the link he appears such a normal guy posing in pictures with his mother & sister & appeared to get along well with his family, it goes to show you never know what's lurking inside someone's head or what mask they may be wearing, how can a crime like that be prevented while guns are readily available, it can't I'm afraid when a normal guy with maybe no criminal record pushes the self destruct button for his 15 minutes of Fame.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #9 of 92 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 11:38 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Licker View Post
Nope. This is why I still hang on to my fire power. Not out of some cognitive dissonance, but I truly believe the world is an evil place and the only person you can rely on to protect you and your family is yourself and no one else. I don't give a single sh!t what people think about that. I will never be a victim.
post #10 of 92 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 11:44 AM
Greasy prospector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
there used to be a small collection of recycling bins for glass etc, which have very recently been replaced by a 'weapons disposal bin' lol.
Well that will be convenient for people who want to go on a murderous rampage, just wait till it's full up then break them out <a href="http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/images/smilies/lol.gif" border="0" alt="" title="" >:-)</a> ...( Though I'm sure security is probably tight round such a thing).

A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
- Macbeth
post #11 of 92 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 11:48 AM
'internet nerd'

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2 View Post
.....From the link he appears such a normal guy posing in pictures with his mother & sister & appeared to get along well with his family, it goes to show you never know what's lurking inside someone's head or what mask they may be wearing, how can a crime like that be prevented while guns are readily available, it can't I'm afraid when a normal guy with maybe no criminal record pushes the self destruct button for his 15 minutes of Fame.
A lot of people are just having a bad year and it's another way to commit suicide/cry for help. I find it kind of irritating that people try so hard to draw some kind of line with crimes like this. It's not exactly Fred and Rosemary West.

Quote:
Well that will be convenient for people who want to go on a murderous rampage, just wait till it's full up then break them out <a href="https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/images/smilies/lol.gif" border="0" alt="" title="" >:-)</a> ...( Though I'm sure security is probably tight round such a thing).
It seems difficult to get into, and probably cameras nearby. Not that knives are in anyway hard to get hold of and it's mostly intended for them.

Quote:
Please don't attempt to raid Nevada to 'see them aliens' as part of the internet's joke du jour, the US air force will not be amused.
Slavoj Žižek on the horrors of tulips.

🎸

"Who are you to change this world?
Silly boy!
No one needs to hear your words.
Let it go."
post #12 of 92 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 11:56 AM
SAS Member

Language: English
People suffering from mental illness are going to be the people blamed for this by Republicans. Democrats will blame the guns. Both are partially true in my opinion. Its a combination of a lot of factors
post #13 of 92 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 11:57 AM
Greasy prospector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
It seems difficult to get into, and probably cameras nearby. Not that knives are in anyway hard to get hold of and it's mostly intended for them.
Yes I googled them in the meantime it appears when they're emptied around London there's maybe a couple hundred knives, but there can also be 4 or 5 firearms.

- Macbeth
post #14 of 92 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 01:08 PM
SAS Member

A term I didn't know about until recently, stochastic terrorism, basically the use of mass communication against a person or a group of people to inspire random actors or "lone wolves" to carry out acts of violence that are statistically predictable but individually unpredictable.
post #15 of 92 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 01:22 PM
Greasy prospector

Quote:
A term I didn't know about until recently, stochastic terrorism, basically the use of mass communication against a person or a group of people to inspire random actors or "lone wolves"
The internet itself in general is probably helping inspire such mind sets to develop among predisposed individuals these days with so much negativity on tap to anyone inclined to get sucked in by it, basically shaking the tree's till a monkey falls out of one.

- Macbeth
post #16 of 92 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 01:26 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
The internet itself in general is probably helping inspire such mind sets to develop among predisposed individuals these days with so much negativity on tap to anyone inclined to get sucked in by it, basically shaking the tree's till a monkey falls out of one.
Yeah I agree.
post #17 of 92 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 05:25 PM
SAS Member

You guys sure love shooting sprees.

Work a little bit harder on improving your low self-esteem, you stupid freak.
post #18 of 92 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 06:50 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sad
Quote:
They will never admit it....all they will do is put their fingers in their ears and say.

1) Look there was a shooting in this other country too (denying the fact that it happens much less often)
2) Knives kill people
3) A good guy with a gun killed the mad man, so its all good
4) Right to bear arms is the ultimate freedom...no matter the cost.

I too enjoy freedom on my small island. The freedom to go to the cinema 5 times in the last month without once worrying that someone would pull out a gun and start shooting.

But please oh great land of the free...teach us about the wonders of your perfect system that we all must emulate, if we don't want to be sanctioned and/or blacklisted.
post #19 of 92 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 07:04 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sad
I wish the other bigger countries.. Canada, UK, EU etc would come together and come up with some sort of sanction to force the USA to reform its gun laws.

At this point its like a human rights violation ! You can't step out of your house to go grocery shopping without fear of being randomly gunned down by a madman.

Your internal Political process between the Dems and the Republicans has failed to guarantee the safety of your citizens...international forces need to for the USA to wake up !

...its wishful thinking though....
post #20 of 92 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 10:35 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Fox News with the answers this morning, they had an official from Texas saying it's not white supremacy it's because kids in school aren't religious enough and how they need to do school prayer each morning, and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy pulling out an oldie but a goodie, the problem is: videogames.

Are more right wingers going to talk about how the solution is raising kids in a Christian household teaching Christ-like values but also at the exact same time say that we all need to stop being so PC and stop worrying about people's feelings like little snowflakes?
It's just like seeing Kamala Harris immediately going for the jugular about gun control on CNN.

Obviously, something is wrong with today's families as a whole. With each successive generation, there seems be an accumulation of issues; it is NOT improving.

The Dayton shooter (and yes, I hear about it all the time here today; I know the town where he is from, his sister was a student at the university I attended). Their mother was anti-alt-right and pushing agendas on her own social media outlets while her husband worked in the engineering field. They just lost both of their children.

There is even a picture of the shooter in a jacket that says "Against all Gods". His social media profile said he was a "fast learner", "good under pressure" and "eager to overachieve". The site reporting this was in from the UK, too.

"When you sell your soul to the devil, don't expect a good deal."

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page