Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Write anything in this thread

723K views 16K replies 1K participants last post by  Memories of Silence 
#1 ·
Poetry, confessions, soliloquies... Anything. I'll start with a vignette

It was one of those all-too-human moments of quiet desperation and intrinsic conflict that made up his life. Ennui, to him, was familiarity.

The color of the Gatorade in his plastic cup was only slightly brighter than the government-funded bench he was sitting on, which is to say a sterile shade blue. Blankly he stared at the cheese sandwich atop the familiar desecrated brown lunch bag, trying to keep his mind occupied...
The color of her eyes match the green of my shoes.
What is David Lynch up to at this very minute?
I've never had hashed beef but it seems like a decent choice of food.
My nose itches.
Is there a limit to how small something can be?
I wish I was sitting in a pool of water that matched my body temperature.
Why don't they broadcast old news reports like they do with sports games?

He shut his eyes as hard as he possibly could and tried to wait for lunch to be over. Just another day in the life.

See less See more
#3 ·
The polished wooden floor reflected the neutral expression on Gerald's face. Shockwaves from the floor semi-rhythmically disrupted the surface of the crystal blue Gatorade sitting on his table. He twirled his nacho around, toying around with the perhaps alarming plasticity of the synthetic cheese dip. The air is disturbed by a sigh.
Good but not great.
Gerald ruminated this phrase in his mind like the masticative patterns bovine display when they consume cud.

#4 ·
Someone told me there's a girl out there, with love in her eyes and flowers in her hair. Took my chances on a big jet plane, never let them tell that they're all the same . The sea was red and the sky was grey, I wondered how tomorrow could ever follow today. The mountains and the canyons began to tremble and shake, as the children of the sun began to wake.

#4,057 ·
To find a queen without a king
They say she plays guitar and cries and sings, la la la la
Ride a white mare in the footsteps of dawn
Tryin' to find a woman who's never, never, never been born
Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems

#7 ·
My neighbour has a dog called Penelope. It's a stupid name for a dog if you ask me. He doesn't look anything like a Penelope. The other day I was arriving back at my house, and there was Penelope bounding along towards me, penis flapping from side to side. I like Penelope because he doesn't mess around. He's a big happy dog. In one glorious movement he is on top of me, and has me pinned to the rhubarb. I'm saying stuff like "hey there boy, hows it going". I'm playing it cool. I'm playing it like it's natural for me to have some rhubarb inside my trouser leg. Because I like Penelope you see. I don't want to cause a scene, or have Bob and Betty come out and be all mortified that their dog is bothering the neighbour, because he's not - he's just being a big happy dog.

#8 ·
My neighbour has a dog called Penelope. It's a stupid name for a dog if you ask me. He doesn't look anything like a Penelope. The other day I was arriving back at my house, and there was Penelope bounding along towards me, penis flapping from side to side. I like Penelope because he doesn't mess around. He's a big happy dog. In one glorious movement he is on top of me, and has me pinned to the rhubarb. I'm saying stuff like "hey there boy, hows it going". I'm playing it cool. I'm playing it like it's natural for me to have some rhubarb inside my trouser leg. Because I like Penelope you see. I don't want to cause a scene, or have Bob and Betty come out and be all mortified that their dog is bothering the neighbour, because he's not - he's just being a big happy dog.
Bob and Betty Newbie?

#9 ·
"I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species. I wanted to open the dump valves on oil tankers and smother all the French beaches I'd never see. I wanted to breathe smoke..."

#10 ·
The Pacific lay before me like a bowl of rice. Wait a minute - it is a bowl of rice. The bowl of rice lay before me like the Pacific. These drugs were definitely having an affect. And what was that strange goat doing over there. Looking at me like that. And was he... was he wearing slippers. The goat that was here just a moment ago. Come back goat, come back! I can't swim. I can't swim in rice. I never learned.

#21 ·
The Pacific lay before me like a bowl of rice. Wait a minute - it is a bowl of rice. The bowl of rice lay before me like the Pacific. These drugs were definitely having an affect. And what was that strange goat doing over there. Looking at me like that. And was he... was he wearing slippers. The goat that was here just a moment ago. Come back goat, come back! I can't swim. I can't swim in rice. I never learned.
:lol :lol :lol

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
:eek: HPL reference!!

THIS THREAD IS OFFICIALLY AWESOME. :clap :nw

#13 ·
Insane--am I the only mother****er with a brain?
I'm hearing voices but all they do is complain
How many times have you wanted to kill?
Everything and everyone--say you'll do it but never will.

This post has been deleted
#16 ·
I feel the dream in me expire
and there's no one left to blame it on
I hear you label me a liar
'cause I can't seem to get this through
You say it's over, I can sigh again, yeah
Why try to stay sober when I'm dying here

And I am aware now of how
everything's gonna be fine one day
Too late, I'm in hell I am prepared now
I love that song. Seether is one of my favorite bands
-----

Lonely in this white room, there are pads everywhere
Chafing straitjacket, I won't die in there
Save me smiling Jesus, get off that cross
Hate me screaming masses
I don't care if I'm lost
Don't tell me that you're all better
I don't care if you are Don't tell me that you're trendsetters
I don't care if you are

Lowly with my head bowed, there are rats everywhere
Feed me bread and water
I won't die in there
Save me smiling Jesus, get off that cross
Hate me screaming masses
I don't care if I'm lost

#18 ·
for far too long i have hidden, lurked in the shadows of all those around me, well no more
Now...its my time, no OUR time. To all who have been bullies, shunned, outcast, never felt like you belonged or fit in........ well you now what i say

**** it all, this is our time, we will rise above all and make ourselves known to the world and beyond.

when the failures from our past resurface, kick them away, for our purpose is greater
Our purpose has yet to be fulfilled
And when everyone who you know, have known and will know comes together, blocks OUR path and tell us to move........

U...no WE plant ourselves by the river of truth, and tell the whole world
NO YOU MOVE

#19 ·
You'll never really find those perfect words,
Something more than just, goodbye.
It's hard to remember the good times when there was just so much heartache,
And they deserve more than that.
They deserve more than just one single moment of sadness, so just remember,
When there's enough love in our hearts to burst like a f*****g supernova,
Then there's sure as h***'s enough love in our heart, to spark that famous smile.
We all lose someone at some point in our lives,
But don't ever let go of that smile.
Hold on forever, because that's our final dedication.

#4,900 ·
This is....

just

f-ing...

awesomeness.

Thank you for sharing that. :)

#22 ·
He sank into the red and black diamond-patterned padding in his chair and stared at the novelty 'Life Is A Beach' coffee mug on his desk. "Christ. Patterson... always was a strange one" he thought to himself.

#27 ·
A live body and a dead body contain the same number of particles. Structurally, there's no discernible difference. Life and death are unquantifiable abstracts. Why should I be concerned?

#28 ·
Ok i'm posting one of my old poems;

Far away, through a telescope lens,
stars and galaxies to be watched no more.
Distances that don't make sense,
separating from an original core,
leaving less, while receding further.
And the beginning,
ever fainter to the lone observer,
a mystery of which traces are thinning,
known once, and never more.

#30 ·
I fell in love with the girl at the cold meat counter. I liked everything about her except for her tits. She had those big tits that took up all the scenery. She was amazing in every other way. I introduced myself. I explained to her how I was deeply in love with her, everything about her was incredible, but I really hated her tits. She seemed upset about this. I asked if she would consider getting an operation. She said she wasn't that into me, we had only just met. I told her I would do the same for her. If there was one thing about me she didn't like I would get it changed. She asked me if I would get a face transplant. My heart sank, she hated me. I began to realise she wasn't the woman for me. First of all she had nasty tits, then the fact that she didn't like my face. Also, she sliced the cold meat too thick. What was I thinking? I ordered fived slices of roast beef and left.

#31 ·
Do you want to know why I use a knife? You see, guns are too quick. You can’t savor all of the little…emotions. In their last moments, people show you who they really are. So in a way…I knew your friends better than you ever did. Would you like to know which of them were cowards?

#34 ·
Stood in firelight, sweltering. Bloodstain on chest like map of violent new continent. Felt cleansed. Felt dark planet turn under my feet and knew what cats know that makes them scream like babies in night.

Looked at sky through smoke heavy with human fat and God was not there. The cold, suffocating dark goes on forever and we are alone. Live our lives, lacking anything better to do. Devise reason later. Born from oblivion; bear children, hell-bound as ourselves, go into oblivion. There is nothing else.

Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose. This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It’s us. Only us. Streets stank of fire. The void breathed hard on my heart, turning its illusions to ice, shattering them. Was reborn then, free to scrawl own design on this morally blank world.

Was Rorschach.

Does that answer your Questions, Doctor?