Write anything in this thread - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 15446 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 06:10 PM
♎Mackinac Island Fanatic

Language: English
My Mood: Crappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by typemismatch View Post
The Pacific lay before me like a bowl of rice. Wait a minute - it is a bowl of rice. The bowl of rice lay before me like the Pacific. These drugs were definitely having an affect. And what was that strange goat doing over there. Looking at me like that. And was he... was he wearing slippers. The goat that was here just a moment ago. Come back goat, come back! I can't swim. I can't swim in rice. I never learned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya1 View Post
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
HPL reference!!

THIS THREAD IS OFFICIALLY AWESOME.

If I don't reply to you, it's NOTHING PERSONAL. It's my ANXIETY.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

(It's legal now!! But Kristeva's already married. ;_; )

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 15446 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
dead

He sank into the red and black diamond-patterned padding in his chair and stared at the novelty 'Life Is A Beach' coffee mug on his desk. "Christ. Patterson... always was a strange one" he thought to himself.

"...here's something else that's weird but true: in the day-to-day trenches of adult life, there is actually no such thing as atheism. There is no such thing as not worshipping. Everybody worships. The only choice we get is what to worship. And the compelling reason for maybe choosing some sort of god or spiritual-type thing to worship--be it JC or Allah, YHWH, or some inviolable set of ethical principles--is that pretty much anything else you worship will eat you alive." - DFW
post #23 of 15446 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 10:13 PM
Send Me An Angel

-I'm not your friend, buddy
-I'm not your buddy, pal
-I'm not your pal, guy
-I'm not your guy, friend
-I'm not your friend, pal
-I'm not your pal, buddy
-You are my Enemy.

Omnipotent.

post #24 of 15446 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 10:26 PM
Resist

My Mood: Tired
Anything.

"One thing he (Trump) does know is how to get angry, white men to vote for him."- Bill Clinton

Without question the worst president weve ever had- Harry Reid on trump.

No question, Trump is racist- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

#WeAccept
#MakeRacistsAfraidAgain
#NotMyPresident

Recognize human trafficking:
http://www.dhs.gov/blue-campaign
post #25 of 15446 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 06:50 AM
Out there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingLazer View Post
Anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubly View Post
Anything.
I have an admirer!
post #26 of 15446 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 12:16 PM
Tu Fui, Ego Eris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya1 View Post
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
Goddamnit I you took my next post

And when you wake up,
Everything is gonna be fine.
Guarantee that you'll wake in a better place, in a better time.

post #27 of 15446 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 12:18 PM
Tu Fui, Ego Eris

A live body and a dead body contain the same number of particles. Structurally, there's no discernible difference. Life and death are unquantifiable abstracts. Why should I be concerned?

And when you wake up,

post #28 of 15446 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 03:35 PM
No idea

Ok i'm posting one of my old poems;

Far away, through a telescope lens,
stars and galaxies to be watched no more.
Distances that don't make sense,
separating from an original core,
leaving less, while receding further.
And the beginning,
ever fainter to the lone observer,
a mystery of which traces are thinning,
known once, and never more.

A disorganized neural network full of contradictions, but with a strangely unified discomfort when it comes to being in control of a body.
post #29 of 15446 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 02:59 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Scared
You went too young, too soon and it's breaking my heart.
post #30 of 15446 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 01:38 PM
Permanently Banned

I fell in love with the girl at the cold meat counter. I liked everything about her except for her tits. She had those big tits that took up all the scenery. She was amazing in every other way. I introduced myself. I explained to her how I was deeply in love with her, everything about her was incredible, but I really hated her tits. She seemed upset about this. I asked if she would consider getting an operation. She said she wasn't that into me, we had only just met. I told her I would do the same for her. If there was one thing about me she didn't like I would get it changed. She asked me if I would get a face transplant. My heart sank, she hated me. I began to realise she wasn't the woman for me. First of all she had nasty tits, then the fact that she didn't like my face. Also, she sliced the cold meat too thick. What was I thinking? I ordered fived slices of roast beef and left.
post #31 of 15446 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 01:41 PM
Tu Fui, Ego Eris

Do you want to know why I use a knife? You see, guns are too quick. You can’t savor all of the little…emotions. In their last moments, people show you who they really are. So in a way…I knew your friends better than you ever did. Would you like to know which of them were cowards?

And when you wake up,

post #32 of 15446 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 01:44 PM
Permanently Banned

^ why is all your stuff so dark.
post #33 of 15446 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 02:03 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by typemismatch View Post
My neighbour has a dog called Penelope. It's a stupid name for a dog if you ask me. He doesn't look anything like a Penelope. The other day I was arriving back at my house, and there was Penelope bounding along towards me, penis flapping from side to side. I like Penelope because he doesn't mess around. He's a big happy dog. In one glorious movement he is on top of me, and has me pinned to the rhubarb. I'm saying stuff like "hey there boy, hows it going". I'm playing it cool. I'm playing it like it's natural for me to have some rhubarb inside my trouser leg. Because I like Penelope you see. I don't want to cause a scene, or have Bob and Betty come out and be all mortified that their dog is bothering the neighbour, because he's not - he's just being a big happy dog.
aww
post #34 of 15446 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 02:04 PM
Tu Fui, Ego Eris

Stood in firelight, sweltering. Bloodstain on chest like map of violent new continent. Felt cleansed. Felt dark planet turn under my feet and knew what cats know that makes them scream like babies in night.

Looked at sky through smoke heavy with human fat and God was not there. The cold, suffocating dark goes on forever and we are alone. Live our lives, lacking anything better to do. Devise reason later. Born from oblivion; bear children, hell-bound as ourselves, go into oblivion. There is nothing else.

Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose. This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It’s us. Only us. Streets stank of fire. The void breathed hard on my heart, turning its illusions to ice, shattering them. Was reborn then, free to scrawl own design on this morally blank world.

Was Rorschach.

Does that answer your Questions, Doctor?

And when you wake up,

post #35 of 15446 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 02:23 PM
SAS Member

My soccer fan club just won to its ultimate rival!!! I am soo happy!! ;-)
post #36 of 15446 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 03:11 PM
Permanently Banned

i set up all my three dimensional integrals in spherical coordinates. when i can't evaluate the integral, i don't. my professor asked me what was wrong with me when he noticed this (in nicer terms, of course). it was pretty obvious what i was doing, since some problems are not meant to be set up in spherical coordinates, they're clearly meant to be set up another way, so you have to go out of your way to do what i do, which means the result can end up looking all weird. even so, i was surprised i got individualized attention for this little innocuous thing. when i talked to him, i just pretended i didn't know what i was doing. i did some shrug motions. he shrugged too. then he told me to look at some examples, and some other things i forget. then he waived me out of his office. i was relieved.

but what i had thought to say for second was that i was balling. that's what i'm going call integrating in spherical coordinates from now on. balling. when someone asks what i'm doing, or what i'm working on, when i'm attending to my calculus hw in the coming weeks, i will be all like 'i'm balling', without even looking up. and they might be like 'how's that?'. and then i will point to my paper emphatically. it's spherical integration b1tches!
post #37 of 15446 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 03:14 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Blah
There will never be a perfect time. I'm ready.
post #38 of 15446 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Tu Fui, Ego Eris

Quote:
Originally Posted by enfield View Post
i set up all my three dimensional integrals in spherical coordinates. when i can't evaluate the integral, i don't. my professor asked me what was wrong with me when he noticed this (in nicer terms, of course). it was pretty obvious what i was doing, since some problems are not meant to be set up in spherical coordinates, they're clearly meant to be set up another way, so you have to go out of your way to do what i do, which means the result can end up looking all weird. even so, i was surprised i got individualized attention for this little innocuous thing. when i talked to him, i just pretended i didn't know what i was doing. i did some shrug motions. he shrugged too. then he told me to look at some examples, and some other things i forget. then he waived me out of his office. i was relieved.

but what i had thought to say for second was that i was balling. that's what i'm going call integrating in spherical coordinates from now on. balling. when someone asks what i'm doing, or what i'm working on, when i'm attending to my calculus hw in the coming weeks, i will be all like 'i'm balling', without even looking up. and they might be like 'how's that?'. and then i will point to my paper emphatically. it's spherical integration b1tches!

And when you wake up,

post #39 of 15446 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 10:30 PM
Permanently Banned

I see I see I see I see I see
post #40 of 15446 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 07:12 AM
Do You Even Shift?

"Courage is what you will experience and what you will grow when the doubt is there, but you do it anyway."
-Elliott Hulse.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page