What does your SAS user name mean? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
I am Jack's cold sweat

What does your SAS user name mean?

I'll start, mine is the name of one of my favorite albums.

I've been out haunting the neighborhood
And everybody can see I'm no good
When I'm walking out between parked cars
With my head full of stars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 02:49 PM
SAS Member

Language: English, português, Français, Deutsch
My Mood: Bored
Quote:
Originally Posted by either/or View Post
I'll start, mine is the name of one of my favorite albums.

Between the bars is one of my favorites songs ever... Angeles too. Such great songs.

My user name is a value of a electronic component. Yeah, I am not that creative.

"Without the knowledge to lead so you just follow the sheep"
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
I am Jack's cold sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k View Post
Between the bars is one of my favorites songs ever... Angeles too. Such great songs.

YES two of my absolute favorite tracks of all time. I must have listened to both songs about a million times each, especially between the bars, his best writing ever. Nice to see another Elliot Smith fan lurking about.

I've been out haunting the neighborhood
And everybody can see I'm no good
When I'm walking out between parked cars
With my head full of stars

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 02:59 PM
⚾🚀📝📸🎬💾🎲⛰🍪💡

Language: None
It's an acronym for Perfectly Autonomous Unleashed Luggage, an invention I patented and made my millions from.

Play The Social Anxiety Game

"Many people need desperately to receive this message: 'I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.'" ― Kurt Vonnegut
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 03:02 PM
SAS Member

Language: English, português, Français, Deutsch
My Mood: Bored
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
It's an acronym for Perfectly Autonomous Unleashed Luggage, an invention I patented and made my millions from.
Now I know why your user name is so familiar to me

"Without the knowledge to lead so you just follow the sheep"
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 04:11 PM
Villain

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Greek underworld goddess, story explains the cycle of the seasons (because she spends half the year above the earth and half below.) It doesn't have the energy I was going for though unlike Hel and Ereshkigal, but at the time I didn't put much thought into it and wanted to replace my initial username. I suppose that's why I added the dread too (edgelord.)

Quote:
Persephone held an ancient role as the dread queen of the Underworld, within which tradition it was forbidden to speak her name. This tradition comes from her conflation with the very old chthonic divinity Despoina (“[the] mistress”), whose real name could not be revealed to anyone except those initiated into her mysteries.[15] As goddess of death, she was also called a daughter of Zeus and Demeter,[16] the river that formed the boundary between Earth and the underworld. In Homer's epics, she appears always together with Hades and the Underworld, apparently sharing with Hades control over the dead.[17] ]
Having said that, Perse apparently roughly translates 'to destroy' and Persephone 'bringer of destruction' but I only found that out about five seconds ago while writing the post. I'm having an Alan Moore moment. I guess the name chose me. (Also could be incorrect but supposedly it means that.) It doesn't really sound like it means that if you know what I mean. But then again that fits too.

I've often seen people talk about how people like me are destroying civilisation/creation etc so that's a part of my identity I suppose and then I have a lot of anger/misanthropy sometimes but back when I was less like that as a teenager I knew this guy who read tarot cards and he concluded that I was going to 'destroy everybody' which is a very vague thing to say but it pops into mind occasionally, he found it very entertaining.

I like the equivalent chthonic/underworld archetype in many symbolic structures and also chtonic/underworld stuff generally - underworld deities, Satan, dragons, demons, mermaids, dark elves, faeries, snakes, serpents, etc.

Some people heard my words and thought it meant they knew me
Truth is, I don't exist, I'm just a soundtrack to your movie
Some background figure in a story that's already scripted
And what I feel's just felt for you to hear me ****ing spit it
I jump in many different heads through these words and poems
Always hoping maybe the next leap'll be my leap home

post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 05:15 PM
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic

Language: English
My Mood: Crappy
The Egyptian god of writing, Thoth (the guy in my avatar), plus his sacred number, twice. (When I tried to sign up with this name on Yahoo! twenty years ago, tehuti and tehuti_8 were both taken. I dropped the underscore over time when some sites got picky about allowing underscores, and I gave up on capitalization for signing in, so I go by a variant of Tehuti/tehuti, Tehuti_88/tehuti_88, and Tehuti88/tehuti88 around the Internet. One exception is Google, which wouldn't allow numbers, so there and on Google affiliates I'm Tehuti Eightyeight. Which is just dumb. I'm used to people just calling me Tehuti, they don't have to add the eights but I do prefer it capitalized when referring to me.) I was really into Egyptian mythology for a while and I like to write, though looking back on it, I feel pretty bigheaded now, taking the god of writing's name as my own.

Unfortunately, though it's never been a problem on any other sites (unless people are thinking it without saying anything), a-holes on Reddit tend to believe I'm either lying about my age (I was born in '76) or I'm a Nazi sympathizer because of the 88. I've seen at least one other user with the 88 in his username get a similar reaction (that guy actually was bigoted, though he too claimed another meaning behind the 88 ). According to Reddit, apparently you're not allowed to have that as a favorite number without either being born in that year, or being a Nazi.

(Yes, I know and have always known what the 88 means to Nazis, I don't need anyone to explain it. Was just dumbfounded that Redditors assume that and the birth year are literally the only meanings it can have.)

If I don't reply to you, it's NOTHING PERSONAL. It's my ANXIETY.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

(It's legal now!! But Kristeva's already married. ;_; )

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 05:37 PM
SAS Member

Arbre is the French word for tree. It's one of my favourite French words but I also like trees and enjoy planting them. I even use Ecosia as my search engine.
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 05:45 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
I don't really remember anything about picking this name except it had to be different from the one I had before. I think I saw someone on another forum who called himself "daaaaaaaave" or something like that and I thought it was kinda funny and I also like the movie and like how almost everyone knows what that's from. My name isn't actually Dave. Which it didn't really occur to me when I was creating this account that everyone would think my name must be Dave. I honestly probably would have picked something a little different if I had thought about it. I didn't expect to be here all these years later so it was kind of a whimsical "Oh, I'm gonna be silly and call myself willyoustopdave! It'll be cute and funny and kinda unique and easy to remember!" I also liked the idea of a question as a name just because I had never really thought a question could be a name (Which come to think if it is not as clever as I thought it was at the time and kind of embarrassing to admit).

/WYSD
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 06:17 PM
Self isolating from self

Setup progress now at 100% capacity.
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 06:19 PM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
My name, the original kevin was taken

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 03:18 AM
SAS Member

Mine is the exact opposite, ie I'm "Unknown"
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 03:24 AM
SAS Member

post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 04:25 AM
Defeated

Language: English, Dutch
My Mood: Dead
Just a regular name I came up with to use as a username years ago, though I don't have any formal plans for world domination yet. That being said, 2020 is still going on.

"Like a book isolated on a shelf with no one to read it yet judge it for its amount of pages. I feel such way."

"Just because you're breathing, doesn't mean you're alive."
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 02:54 PM

Language: American English, some Spanish
Last name initial attached with my first name.
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 03:16 PM
SAS Member

It just describes how I've frozen myself in a state of total inaction, laziness, procrastination, avoidance, you name it. It was true in 2007 and is true today.
post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 04:09 PM
Don
Fupa King

Language: English
Was my grandfather's name. Never got to meat him. Also my middle name. I kind of wish I had done something more creative sometimes

Life's Wack
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 04:27 PM
ssɐlƃ ƃuᴉʞool ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥ┴

My Mood: Inspired
I daydream a lot, my head is always in the clouds, so more or less I just zone out. I've been using variations of zone in usernames for years now, because it fits. ZoneBox is just another variation of the username, of a long list of accounts I've had. Actually, before I even connected to the Internet, I used to run a BBS called "Drop Zone". The addition of box to my name was just random, I suppose it is supposed to represent my head but sounds cooler than zonesphere, or zonehead. ZoneHead probably would have been pretty cool too though.

But yeah, I zone out a lot. It is funny because sometimes my family will see me just staring off in the distance, completely disconnected from the world, and it freaks them out, like I am having some sort of stroke or something. I'm actually just off in another world, dreaming while awake.

Live and let live
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Whoever fights monsters should
see to it that in the process he does not become a
monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss,
the abyss will gaze back into you."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

http://zbox.neocities.org/
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 06:18 PM
Meticulous

Zee Is a nickname given by many that sort of stuck on. Whenever I’d go out and be outside my comfort zone I’d repeat “ just smile zee” a lot to look okay

How can you lose when you're doing you ?
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-30-2020, 06:40 AM
❤️ Terminator ❤️

I was (and still am sometimes) mostly silent, and I can remember a lot of things I shouldn’t be able to. This username made sense because I wanted my silence to become a memory, and I wanted a username that would have the SM abbreviation because it’s the same as the one for Selective Mutism, which I have. I thought usernames with “silent” or “memory” in them are usually nice.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
❤️♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡❤️
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page