Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Just For Fun (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f31/)
-   -   Area 51 Raid (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f31/area-51-raid-2226097/)

StayLovelyB 08-07-2019 04:45 PM

Area 51 Raid

I hadn't seen a post about this and I know it is a pretty controversial topic at the moment so I figured what better place to begin a discussion about it than on a public forum. Feel free to express your comments and concerns. Personally the raid is a day after my birthday and I think it would make for the perfect roadtrip! However, although I, along with most of the planets population, would love to 'see me some aliens', I don't think this is at all a realistic plan for a raid. I'm sure the government is more than prepared to take out a stampede of young adults rushing a building that most likely does NOT contain aliens. I will be more than willing to watch the livestream though!

blue2 08-07-2019 04:48 PM

I may not be a young adult anymore, but can I come along anyway, cause I like aliens : /

Persephone The Dread 08-07-2019 04:53 PM

I made a post about it a while back #hipster feels

Also it's referenced in my signature.

Even though it's now peaked and even some famous musicians have even exploited the meme for a music video, not to mention the obligatory t-shirts. it's still the best one of the year.

Love how it started off as a weeb thing and blew up.

Also this video was somewhat entertaining:

(obviously it's millions of followers now.)

In other news it's never been easier to troll the US government.

It would be a pretty amazing way to die though.

Persephone The Dread 08-07-2019 05:06 PM

Also gamer prez has responded:

https://twitter.com/GamerPres2020/st...08880837279744

(lol I typed that name without realising that his twitter username is actually pretty close to that)

conantheworthless 08-07-2019 07:06 PM

Do they still shoot people on sight? I might consider joining then.

versikk 08-07-2019 09:34 PM

It won't be a raid in any sense of the word lmao (unfortunately, because I'd love for that to happen)

It will just be like 1000 people walking up to area 51 (as in, the surrounding tourist area) and then they will stand their awkwardly for a few hours, not having the guts to fulfill their promises, before they head back home.

News stations will be reporting on it tho.
Posted via Mobile Device

3stacks 08-07-2019 09:38 PM

They probably moved their aliens to another area

Ekardy 08-07-2019 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3stacks (Post 1093779279)
They probably moved their aliens to another area

Shhhhh, :um no one’s supposed to know they moved the aliens to area 52.

Kevin001 08-07-2019 10:01 PM

Many people already checked it out, nothing special.

3stacks 08-08-2019 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ekardy (Post 1093779283)
Shhhhh, :um no one’s supposed to know they moved the aliens to area 52.

:lol

Shadowweaver 08-08-2019 03:55 AM

Recently a group of a few teenage boy scouts accidentally approached the area, and they were nearly shot on sight. I wouldn't test their patience by showing up in large numbers and "storming" the area; there would be a lot of corpses afterwards.

Suchness 08-08-2019 05:23 AM

The motivation behind it is good, we should be told more about this stuff but there's almost no way they're going to make it to the underground bunkers. What they should be doing is learning about this stuff, a good start would be watching Steven Greers interview on the impaulsive podcast that he did a few days ago.

CNikki 08-08-2019 05:53 AM

Great, now I have to deal with a mob raiding into my home again...

sabbath9 08-08-2019 06:20 AM

WillYouStopDave 08-08-2019 07:01 AM

TBH, the whole idea of it seems really bizarre and not a very bright idea. I mean just on the face of it. A bunch of morons trying to provoke the US government on a US military base just seems like a really bad idea to me.

Evo1114 08-08-2019 07:26 AM

Why can't people accept that just maybe the air force uses it to research and test various weapons? If the Air Force owns the property, they don't have to allow people in...especially if they are doing top secret military thangs there. If it were something really amazing and thrilling, you'd think somebody would have leaked info at some point. More realistically they are doing stuff that a) they don't want other countries or malcontents finding out about and/or b) is incredibly boring and uninteresting to the average person.

Also, although there is likely life somewhere out there in some distant land, there is zero chance of that life ever coming to 'visit' this planet.

Nobody is allowed in our server room at work. Does that mean we're doing crazy scientific experiments there? No...we just don't want people in there screwing stuff up. Let some old lady's snot-nosed misbehaved 3 year old in Area 51 for a tour, the brat sneaks away into a restricted area and presses a button and blows up the entire western U.S...

Persephone The Dread 08-08-2019 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo1114 (Post 1093779453)
Nobody is allowed in our server room at work. Does that mean we're doing crazy scientific experiments there? No...we just don't want people in there screwing stuff up. Let some old lady's snot-nosed misbehaved 3 year old in Area 51 for a tour, the brat sneaks away into a restricted area and presses a button and blows up the entire western U.S...

So what you're saying is... The aliens are being kept in your server room at work?

Evo1114 08-08-2019 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread (Post 1093779505)
So what you're saying is... The aliens are being kept in your server room at work?

There may be. Lord knows if I put a sign that said 'Top Secret' outside the door, there'd be swarms of people standing outside the locked door, scratching their heads all day long.

CWe 08-08-2019 12:04 PM

This is actually going to happen?

StayLovelyB 08-08-2019 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conantheworthless (Post 1093779209)
Do they still shoot people on sight? I might consider joining then.

That is such a mood and honestly I feel like the whole thing is just all the Gen Z's way of committing suicide in a 'honerable' way without doing it themselves.