Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

withdrawal from ssri/snri and irritability

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Nogy 
#1 ·
I am withdrawing and going through a washout period from cymbalta after being on it for about 1/2 year before starting Nardil. And I am starting to get irritated as hell.

is or has anyone gone through something similar. Does klonopin or any benzo help counteract these effects?? I know with the right amount, I'm somewhat relaxed but I can't go through work drowsy and sedated. Does anyone know of any effective ways with dealing with this?? I mean sometimes I can be ok, but others I just want to rip into anything that crosses my path and annoys me...work, dates, family....:sigh
I want this to go away soon.

also does anyone know if these side /withdrawal effects stays around till the Nardil, or whichever MAOI kicks in?

#5 ·
hahah..good luck going through that noca, i hear paxil withdrawal's a pain but cymbalta kicks in fast so that should help.

ehh..I should be getting on nardil by this saturday. I really hope that makes a difference..can't wait so long. I had to take off wrk today. Does benozs help w/brain shivers and dizziness?

#6 ·
fraidycat said:
hahah..good luck going through that noca, i hear paxil withdrawal's a pain but cymbalta kicks in fast so that should help.

ehh..I should be getting on nardil by this saturday. I really hope that makes a difference..can't wait so long. I had to take off wrk today. Does benozs help w/brain shivers and dizziness?
benzos dont do a thing for dizziness but make it worse, as for the brain zaps, i dont know.

#7 ·
I don't remember experiencing any irratability when coming off of paxil. I was very lightheaded for a couple of weeks, and had the brainshocks or whatever pretty bad, it wasn't too pleasant. But i've had to withdraw from things MUCH worse than an ssri, so for me it was a cakewalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.