Wellbutrin in evening. I like! - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Wellbutrin in evening. I like!

So I forgot to take my Wellbutrin yesterday, so I took it in the evening instead. I thought i'd have trouble sleeping, but I took 50mg 5 htp and had no issues sleeping at all.

I woke up this morning feelin' pretty refreshed and good.

I am thinking about taking it at night, instead of the morning, because it can have it's effects as I sleep, and I can wake up feeling good. Plus, I can enjoy my day(s) drug free.

I think the medication's benefits depend on the amount of bupurion in the bloodstream, so taking it at night won't really change much, expect for the fact I don't need to take it during the day. So technically i'm not "ON" something during the day. Which might sound silly, but i dont like feeling/knowing that I took a med to start my day. I'd prefer if I took it the previous night, and my day is "technically" drug free.

Silly i know.

But anyway, gonna take it at night this week and see how it goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 09:18 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric69 View Post
So I forgot to take my Wellbutrin yesterday, so I took it in the evening instead. I thought i'd have trouble sleeping, but I took 50mg 5 htp and had no issues sleeping at all.

I woke up this morning feelin' pretty refreshed and good.

I am thinking about taking it at night, instead of the morning, because it can have it's effects as I sleep, and I can wake up feeling good. Plus, I can enjoy my day(s) drug free.

I think the medication's benefits depend on the amount of bupurion in the bloodstream, so taking it at night won't really change much, expect for the fact I don't need to take it during the day. So technically i'm not "ON" something during the day. Which might sound silly, but i dont like feeling/knowing that I took wellbutrin to start my day. I'd prefer if I took it the previous night, and my day is technically drug free. Silly i know.

But anyway, gonna take it at night this week and see how it goes.
How is possible to sleep with all that NE in the bloodstream ? :\
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
I dunno man! 5 htp makes me drowsy/sleepy. I also have Rhodea Rosea which makes me sleepy if I need it.

It's just an experiment. Will see how it goes this week.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 12:24 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
I dunno man! 5 htp makes me drowsy/sleepy. I also have Rhodea Rosea which makes me sleepy if I need it.

It's just an experiment. Will see how it goes this week.
I used wellbutrin for a month for ADHD, and it made me really anxious, quite impossibile to sleep. You are lucky !
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
I used wellbutrin for a month for ADHD, and it made me really anxious, quite impossibile to sleep. You are lucky !
Were you on a high dose? I'm on 150mg XL

It's not perfect, and I do have some mild anxiety especially if I drink caffiene.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 09:37 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
I take 10mg of ritalin everynight before bed!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 05:46 PM
SAS Member

Eric, are you taking Wellbutrin or a generic? If it's a generic, whom is the manufacturer--santos, teva, mylan or other?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall View Post
Eric, are you taking Wellbutrin or a generic? If it's a generic, whom is the manufacturer--santos, teva, mylan or other?
Wellbutrin. Namebrand. No imitations or duplications for me!

Cheers,
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 07:47 PM
SAS Member

If wellbutrin ever makes you angry or anxious, you started with too much, too fast. You have to titrate (I think this is the word) really slowly with this stuff.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 07:55 PM
ENTP with SA...How?

I take 30-60mg of cymbalta every nigth before bed. The first week, i was deprived of deep stage 4 sleep, because cymbalta gets rid of alot of the melatonin in your body. I also had no dreams, and my sex drive was completely shot. Due to lack of deep sleep i felt disoriented. But now im in the 3rd week, and the effects are opposite of first week side effects. Im going into deep deep almost dead sleep. Im having very strange and vivd dreams, and im sexually stimulated at sight of a pretty girl. Theres this girl in one of my classes that i think likes me or somethin, her body language seems very sexual towards me, but ill save that discussion for another thread. But this gets me goin all day. Damn i should stop talking about it. Sexual side effects suck, i get ultra.....horny..haha...but it takes an hour to ..um...i dont know how to phrase it without offending people. ..it takes an hour for the stratovolcano to explode...yes strato volcano, look it up.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 05:13 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Wellbutrin. Namebrand. No imitations or duplications for me!

Cheers,
Ok, thanks! Maybe I should start a thread ( or search..lol) to see how the losers (ahem) people here have faired on the various generics.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 06:20 PM
User Requested Permanent Ban

Quote:
Were you on a high dose? I'm on 150mg XL

It's not perfect, and I do have some mild anxiety especially if I drink caffiene.
Over the years, I've tried IR, SR and XL Wellbutrin. At first I was taking 200mg to 300mg SR a day and it made me too anxious, even with klonopin. I've found 150mg XL works quite well. It's such a slow release of not very much Wellbutrin that I can understand how you'd be able to sleep after taking it and 5 htp. Totally different story if you popped an IR or a 150mg SR.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Over the years, I've tried IR, SR and XL Wellbutrin. At first I was taking 200mg to 300mg SR a day and it made me too anxious, even with klonopin. I've found 150mg XL works quite well. It's such a slow release of not very much Wellbutrin that I can understand how you'd be able to sleep after taking it and 5 htp. Totally different story if you popped an IR or a 150mg SR.
Yeah I don't take it RIGHT before bed. I take it about 7pm when I get home and i'm winding down my day. I usually sleep around 11pm.

5HTP definetly knocks me out too. Rhodea Rosea also works. Makes me sleepy as hell.

The 150mg XL dose is decent yeah. I don't think I could tolerate a higher dose.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

PS Don't take it too close to bed because you will grind your teeth. I take it around 7pm or so. And by 11pm I am fine. One night I took it around 10pm, and the next morning my jaw felt a bit sore.

If you are gonna take Wellbutrin in the evening, i'd recommend at least 5 hours before bed.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page