Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Weed

4K views 35 replies 24 participants last post by  samboychippies 
#1 ·
For me supersedes any big pharma, anyone else here tried this ?

#4 ·
It doesn't really do anything good for my SA. Quite the opposite, it generally makes it more uncomfortable being around people. If I smoke a lot, I start saying things I really shouldn't. Also encourages circular thought patterns that go so well with ruminative worry.

However, it can be helpful in making me calmer and less anxious in general. So it really depends on quantities/type/who's around/etc. Milder/homegrown, vaporised, by myself has proved to work the best.

#7 ·
I always thought it was quite dissappointing. If it works for you then I'm glad it does but I have tried it a few times in different situations with different people and I assume different levels of quality and I never really felt all that different.

#8 ·
I live like a hermit and always have, but I get extremely angry at certain people and cannabis is the only thing that calms me and puts me in a relaxed state of mind. It also has the advantage of getting me motivated to do useful stuff instead of brooding over enemies all day. I do know people who think cannabis is “ the devils lettuce 😂 “ but each to their own on that one. it’s alcohol that tends to make me say things I probably aught not , but weed just mellows me . Like I said in the opening post weed is not for everyone.

Cloud chaser , your not smoking leaf or cbd cause there no THC in it !

Thankyou to all who responded 🙂

This post has been deleted
#17 ·
Oh yeah , I've tried CBD oil but did nothing
You have to verify the source. There's a lot of Charlatans taking advantage of the craze and selling junk sourced from who knows where, and with who knows what in it.

There are cannabis farms in legal states that sell their cbd products nationwide, you should look into that.

I also notice for me personally, I have to take about 100mg to get desirable effects, so maybe you require a lot as well.

I did notice that CBD also gives me the same form of lazy lethargy and lack of motivation that THC does. I assume that's just from over loading the endocannabinoid system. I'd be interested in knowing if other people experience this.

#13 ·
Cannabis is being tolerated more in the world now than any other time before. It’s still illegal were im from but probably won’t stay that way . Not just pain relief but OCD ,PTSD, anxiety,M.S and many others and some doctors are starting to relize that. I’ve got boxes ,scripts and many slides of leftover meds I don’t use.

#16 ·
I have a script for it but usually don't use it for SA but sometimes do. I mostly use it to treat chronic illnesses I have. Just another tool in the toolbox for me.

#18 ·
It can depend on when the cannabis plant is harvested. Basically if harvested late,, the tricombs have turned amber in colour giving a more lethargic or “ couch lock” effect, but if harvested earlier the tricombs have more of a glassy/crystal appearance giving a more energetic affect.

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
I've been smoking for close to a decade and for some reason, recently weed has started to give me really bad anxiety. Like I don't feel comfortable around anyone and have difficulty leaving my room due to this sense of doom that takes over. Does anyone have any strains that they'd recommend for getting stoned but without the panic feelings? I'm in California and also I can get my medical marijuana card renewal so I have plenty of access. Read online that lower thc is better but I was curious if anyone on here has a similar experience and can reccomend a type of herb specifically.

#28 ·
Can't use it. Makes me psychotic.

I don't have any problem with other people using it (my ex used it daily) but I refuse to touch the stuff. I really wish I could, though. It would be nice to have something to take the edge off.

#29 ·
Doesn't really interest me. I've breathed in enough dust, second hand cigarette smoke, asbestos dust, paint fumes,diesel smoke, welding smoke etc. the last thing I would do is intentionally breath in any kind of smoke. Stuff smells like crap anyway. Not interested in edibles either, I doubt they would work as well for my SA as Xanax and Propranolol for social situations if I really feel I need to take something.

#31 ·
I personally don't like it. It gives me this really weird restless feeling in my legs, I can't stop tapping my foot and moving around. It's horrible. Kinda jealous of people who react well to it lol. Wish I could use it to calm myself down

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.