Trileptal for SA? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Trileptal for SA?

So the new pdoc I'm seeing is actually allowing me to continue on with Parnate and he prescribed Trileptal in addition to what I'm currently taking. I was concerned at first since he told me it's used to treat bi-polar disorder, but then again most medications prescribed for anxiety aren't really the true use of it anyway. I'm just wondering if anyone else is on it for the off label use of anxiety.

One side effect he told me worth mentioning was fatigue if the dosage is too high. I hope that's the case so that I can actually increase my Parnate maintenance dosage without fear of insomnia. I just don't like taking klonopin and/or smoking some "medicinal marijuana" to alleviate insomnia. I just feel a lot more awful and moody if I can't get the right amount of sleep no matter what I'm taking.

"Trying and failing is better than failing to try"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 09:05 AM
SAS Member

ive ben taking trileptal for a while now and its good for anxiety and decent for depression. its a real good med.

chea
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 08:17 PM
SAS Member

I don't remember which one it was, either Trileptal or Seroquel but over my trials one of those made me aggressive and gave me lots of rage.

And completely unmedicated I am normally a very easy going calm cool person that doesn't get worked up about things. I guess I just had a weird reaction. My doc had me mixing them with Bupropion so it was probably just a bad combo.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 04:52 PM
SAS Member

beaches09 that sounds like seroquel as that's a fairly common 5-10% side effect. Trileptal is unlikely to cause rage/aggression.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page