Taking PAROXETINE HCL AKA Paxil - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Taking PAROXETINE HCL AKA Paxil

I really don't know what's wrong with me but my medication for Social Anxiety PAXIL stopped working on me. So I started having these near panic attacks in social situations. So I called up my doctor and he told me to take another pill, now 3, instead of my usual 2. I'm still feeling really anxious. And something that makes me worry more? I have a job now working seasonal for AMERICAN EAGLE! which is great and I would love if they kept me for the long run. But how? when it's hard for me to perform natural tasks cuz I always feel anxious and a panic attack coming on?

this Medication used to work on me. Whats going on!? What other medications have you used that has helped your social anxiety? I want to ask my doctor to get me on a new medication.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 04:02 PM
Spectacular Member

Try benzos such as klonopin or xanax. They work great for anxiety as long as your on the right dose. I personally use klonopin at 1-3mgs a day which vaporizes my anxiety.

"It's better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared." -- Whitney Young Jr.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Really I was considering taking one of the two. (Klonpin or Xanax) Which one has been known to be more effective to others?

I tried going back to old posts on the board but can't go that far back. Perhaps because their's a lot of us on here at once.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 04:11 PM
Spectacular Member

Most SA suffers start with klonopin.

"It's better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared." -- Whitney Young Jr.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 04:54 PM

paxil is one of many prozac type meds and sometimes does stop or reduce panic attacks and social anxiety, it can stop working however, the usual dose range is 20 to 50 and sometimes upping the dose gets it working again
any valium type med will also help a lot, they all go well with the paxil, take any you can get, start with a low dose as there can be strong sedation until you get used to it, klonapin lasts longer than xanax, Xanax XR, IMO isnt worth the extra money

Its also good to learn CBT panic attack and anxiety coping skills
one thing that always helps if feeling panicky is to relax and breathe deep and slow, dont tense up or fight back

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page