Sunosi - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-29-2020, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
UnDeRrAtED

Language: SPanish and English fluently

Sunosi

Was prescribed sunosi just a few days ago and instantly i felt a little bit better depression wise but its main use is for chronic excessive sleepiness during the daytime because of OSA. (obstructive sleep apnea). I was given for chronic fatigue because of combination of conditions after initially starting nuvigll but stopped working. Im also on the generic version of strattera which is probably helping as well for major depression.

Clonazepam is the only med that seems to help with anxiety even if its subtle but i need more then subtle changes. Wish psychiatry would come out with a breakthough in new advanced medications for social anxiety instead of the popular ssris.

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence and than success is sure," Mark Twain

-------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-29-2020, 09:32 PM
S F C 0 1

Language: English
My Mood: Amused
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopadoMexicano View Post
Was prescribed sunosi just a few days ago and instantly i felt a little bit better depression wise but its main use is for chronic excessive sleepiness during the daytime because of OSA. (obstructive sleep apnea). I was given for chronic fatigue because of combination of conditions after initially starting nuvigll but stopped working. Im also on the generic version of strattera which is probably helping as well for major depression.

Clonazepam is the only med that seems to help with anxiety even if its subtle but i need more then subtle changes. Wish psychiatry would come out with a breakthough in new advanced medications for social anxiety instead of the popular ssris.

I had never heard of it until I saw this post.

Its a DNRi so a possibility it could help with depression. How does it compare to Nuvigil?

Keep us all updated with how it goes please, both for fatigue and depression, and good luck with it !

Tell 'em who the **** I am

SFC
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-30-2020, 03:18 AM Thread Starter
UnDeRrAtED

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'avjo View Post
I had never heard of it until I saw this post.

Its a DNRi so a possibility it could help with depression. How does it compare to Nuvigil?

Keep us all updated with how it goes please, both for fatigue and depression, and good luck with it !
Thanks, Nuvigill helped at the start with the chronic fatigue more then the sunosi i think but that could be because Im on a low dose of the new med. Armodafinil is the generic version of Nuvigill and was given to me from my pcp before the sunosi since I kind of build a tolerance to it so I started taking the new one its supposedly a better medication. Also did notice my appetite wasnt as strong when I'd over eat due to stress on Nuvigill so it helped me lose a little bit of weight around ten or fifteen pounds in a six month period.

With sleep apnea and depression they kind of go hand in hand with the excessive day time drowsiness/sleepiness and just wanting to sleep all day and night. Anxiety on the other hand makes me just want to be doing something and get restless so i just take a klonopin 1MG tablet three times a day as needed. Ive noticed that if I dont take klonopin for several or few months my stress levels are through the roof and cant seem to handle just even a simple routine.

Here are some pictures of me when taking nuvigill and after six months til now before and after:
Attached Thumbnails
July2018.jpg   2018.jpg   March2020.jpg   May172020.jpg  

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence and than success is sure," Mark Twain

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-03-2020, 06:10 AM Thread Starter
UnDeRrAtED

Update: Also, Ive tried two additional meds that ive never had which was Vyvanse for binge eating disorder and now strattera. Unfortunately, the vyvanse didnt do anything for me except raise my blood pressure too much so it was stopped. Currently, Im on the strattera for treatment resistant depression but it seems to work and then fade very quickly as I stopped my medication back in 2007. Ever since quitting the zoloft for depression everything went downhill after that year and I cant get the help I need that most practioners offer. My weight fluctuations happen very frequently for the past decade or more in congruence with mood mostly carbohydrate cravings when feeling very down. I;m already pre diabetic but I dont want it to progress to Type II diabetes ive read is a terrible terrible disease.

post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-03-2020, 10:52 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Cool
Quote:

Oh cool your the first person that I've heard trying the new medication sunosi. What's it like compared to vyvanse and nuvigil?

Clonazepam is pretty effective for anxiety. Can you tolerate a higher dose or is your doctor open to that option? What triggers your anxiety? Maybe I can be of further help in that regard.

That must be hard. You have excessive daytime sleepiness that needs treated yet you also have to watch out for high blood pressure. Sunosi is definitely a worthwhile option.

What types of medications help with your depression? Do serotonergic medications help? Would they be an option? Effexor is a stimulating antidepressant which could be somewhat ideal for depression alongside daytime sleepiness. However there is a concern about blood pressure with that medication. Regardless I think that it's definitely worth bringing up with your doctor if you're interested. Is Strattera stimulating at all? You mention that it helps with depression. I'm just curious if you've benefited from it in other ways as well.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-03-2020, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
UnDeRrAtED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben12 View Post
Oh cool your the first person that I've heard trying the new medication sunosi. What's it like compared to vyvanse and nuvigil?

Clonazepam is pretty effective for anxiety. Can you tolerate a higher dose or is your doctor open to that option? What triggers your anxiety? Maybe I can be of further help in that regard.

That must be hard. You have excessive daytime sleepiness that needs treated yet you also have to watch out for high blood pressure. Sunosi is definitely a worthwhile option.

What types of medications help with your depression? Do serotonergic medications help? Would they be an option? Effexor is a stimulating antidepressant which could be somewhat ideal for depression alongside daytime sleepiness. However there is a concern about blood pressure with that medication. Regardless I think that it's definitely worth bringing up with your doctor if you're interested. Is Strattera stimulating at all? You mention that it helps with depression. I'm just curious if you've benefited from it in other ways as well.
Hey Ben12:
Vyvanse and Nuvigill compared to Sunosi vs Strattera is that NUvigill gave me more energy during the day like taking an energy drink. Except it was longer lasting compared with Sunosi and strattera the Nuvigill stopped working so my pcp switched me to sunosi. Vyvanse I tried for one month with one psychiatrist and couldnt really get anything out of it for my binge eating. So either way I stopped the vyvanse.

I'm already taking lisnopril for hypertension as it reaches hypertensive crisis especially when i consume excessive amounts of caffeine sources. eg.(regular coffee and energy drinks). As for the klonopin, I only take three one mg tablets a day as needed due to potential being high for tolerance issues, dependence, etc. Strattera helps very minimally but I may have to try an MAOI if thats the case but Im kind of afraid to go that route. My pcp and I have worked together to work on getting healthier by motivating to get down about a hundred pounds in two years I just need to tell him I feel like stuck.

post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-05-2020, 10:05 PM
SAS Member

Yeah Vyvanse would've been a great option. Adderall might be more effective though for the binge eating. I don't know if that's an option but I remember being on vyvanse and it's weaker at suppressing appetite I found than adderall. I wouldn't go taking an amphetamine based medication though with Strattera. That's like asking for hypertension. If you have found the serotonin acting medications to be beneficial, using a serotonin reuptake inhibitor alongside adderall is pretty much the gold stardard in my opinion.

Effexor is mainly just a serotonin reuptake inhibitor but it will act on the norepinephrine system in higher doses. It's nice because it can help with depression and it's also on the stimulating side. I take both adderall and effexor and quite frankly I find effexor to be so activating in itself that if I take it too late in the day I won't sleep most of the night. Adderall works well alongside the effexor. It is mood lifting and keeps you energized throughout the day. I've actually been able to cut out caffeinated beverages entirely being on both of these medications.

Adderall I have found to be better than vyvanse too because it gives that kick that vyvanse won't do. Vyvanse can take like 2-3 hours to start working.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-06-2020, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
UnDeRrAtED

Quote:
Yeah Vyvanse would've been a great option. Adderall might be more effective though for the binge eating. I don't know if that's an option but I remember being on vyvanse and it's weaker at suppressing appetite I found than adderall. I wouldn't go taking an amphetamine based medication though with Strattera. That's like asking for hypertension. If you have found the serotonin acting medications to be beneficial, using a serotonin reuptake inhibitor alongside adderall is pretty much the gold stardard in my opinion.

Effexor is mainly just a serotonin reuptake inhibitor but it will act on the norepinephrine system in higher doses. It's nice because it can help with depression and it's also on the stimulating side. I take both adderall and effexor and quite frankly I find effexor to be so activating in itself that if I take it too late in the day I won't sleep most of the night. Adderall works well alongside the effexor. It is mood lifting and keeps you energized throughout the day. I've actually been able to cut out caffeinated beverages entirely being on both of these medications.

Adderall I have found to be better than vyvanse too because it gives that kick that vyvanse won't do. Vyvanse can take like 2-3 hours to start working.
Cool. yeah adderall Ive havent tried but im really doubting my psychiatrist would prescribe it. She refused to prescribe me parnate. But adderall Im not sure if that would be an option. Ive tried a long list of medications mostly new ones as far as psych meds are concerned. Additionally, tricyclics ive tried such as desipramine with no benefits. Now currently taking lexapro, strattera, and vraylar for drastic changes in mood swings. Although my practioner is a mental health practioner since its not just about medication management in my opinion. I also see a psycho-social rehab provide that works as a support system.

As far as for the binge eating I just cant get the help I need to find the solution. I find it more psychological then medicinal. Of course meds can help but to a limited extent. I just dont know what to do anymore with my current severe sleep apnea and depression/anxiety. ugh

post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-07-2020, 06:41 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Cool. yeah adderall Ive havent tried but im really doubting my psychiatrist would prescribe it. She refused to prescribe me parnate. But adderall Im not sure if that would be an option. Ive tried a long list of medications mostly new ones as far as psych meds are concerned. Additionally, tricyclics ive tried such as desipramine with no benefits. Now currently taking lexapro, strattera, and vraylar for drastic changes in mood swings. Although my practioner is a mental health practioner since its not just about medication management in my opinion. I also see a psycho-social rehab provide that works as a support system.

As far as for the binge eating I just cant get the help I need to find the solution. I find it more psychological then medicinal. Of course meds can help but to a limited extent. I just dont know what to do anymore with my current severe sleep apnea and depression/anxiety. ugh
Man you're blowing my man. You're the first person I've read about who has tried Vraylar. That medication is pretty new too. What is that medication like? It's fascinating the development of these newer antipsychotics and how they have been seen as useful adjuncts for depression. Abilify was one of the newer ones that works similarly to vraylar. It's been approved for adjunct use for depression in certain countries. I've never been on any of the newer ones but apparently they are better tolerated. I am curious to know what your experience has been like being on vraylar.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-08-2020, 12:53 AM
S F C 0 1

Quote:

Mate, try this diet. it can reverse type 2 diabetes. It will be hard obviously but it works -

https://thefast800.com/?gclid=EAIaIQ...SAAEgJQJ_D_BwE

I'll even start it with you so you know that someone else is feeling the pain ha

SFC
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-08-2020, 03:56 AM Thread Starter
UnDeRrAtED

Quote:
Man you're blowing my man. You're the first person I've read about who has tried Vraylar. That medication is pretty new too. What is that medication like? It's fascinating the development of these newer antipsychotics and how they have been seen as useful adjuncts for depression. Abilify was one of the newer ones that works similarly to vraylar. It's been approved for adjunct use for depression in certain countries. I've never been on any of the newer ones but apparently they are better tolerated. I am curious to know what your experience has been like being on vraylar.
Hey Mate, Well with the Vraylar was no different then the atypical antipsychotiic like Risperdal and Invega Trinza. Currently at 3 MG daily of Vraylar and seems help with the paranoia. Though I still wish there were meds that helped much more then what psych meds do. Maybe I'm just missing out on the amphetamines like adderall.

Quote:
Mate, try this diet. it can reverse type 2 diabetes. It will be hard obviously but it works -

https://thefast800.com/?gclid=EAIaIQ...SAAEgJQJ_D_BwE

I'll even start it with you so you know that someone else is feeling the pain ha
Hey Mate, As far as diet is to me sounds like something you restrict. I just eat healthy most of the time and thats what matters to me. Occasionally ill have a binge eating episode so ive gotten better just cant stop the binge eating altogether as it destroys my weight loss goals. Self destruction is a negative habit of mine when it comes to eating behavior. And thanks for the suggestion I looked up the link and does sound like a good plan though with replacement shakes Im not a big fan because its not solid food. I feel much more satiated with solid food as opposed to liquid meals though I know meal replacements can be helpful in achieving a targeted weight loss goal. Ive had weight fluctuations without dieting for about almost two decades. Hence, the prediabetes and overwhelming my body with constant and drastic changes in weight.

Ive read that the pancreas gives out once it gets too overwhelmed leading to Type II diabetes. Though being obese and overweight is one of the leading causes of diabetes as well as corporations leading the cause as well as they help try to get you unhealthy with fast food reasturants. Thats just my point of view of obesity not trying to force ideas here. In addition, sugar and unhealthy fats are the enemy when it comes to nutrition. I wish there was an easy way to get slimmer and doing it alone is not a way for me. We all need a support system. I thank you for the encouragement because will power can only get you so far.

Attached are images when im my early 20s from summer of 2006 to 2007 and up until today.
Attached Thumbnails
072007.jpg   2007.jpg   summer2006.jpg   july2020.jpg  

post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-08-2020, 04:44 AM
biohacker

Language: english, arabic
My Mood: Angelic
why you don't try magnesium mega dose it's a NMDA antagonist non-cross tolerance with other substance 35g as loading dose then 420mg/day, its give me wonderful effect:
moderate warmth and emotion bland (good)
moderate muscle relaxant
mild anxiolytic effect
some antidepressant effect
amazing vivid dreams (in night sleep)

currently on: anafranil 75mg/d, magnesium1g/d, olanzpine 20mg/d, caffeine 240mg/d, nicotine 6mg/d, lorazepam 2.5mg/20d, trihexyphenidy 10mg/month, theanine 1cup/month
check out my:
receptors function database>> https://rebrand.ly/SAS-RFD
hamilton depression self rating scale>> https://rebrand.ly/HDSRS
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-08-2020, 04:58 AM
S F C 0 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibtisam.midlet View Post
why you don't try magnesium mega dose it's a NMDA antagonist non-cross tolerance with other substance 35g as loading dose then 420mg/day, its give me wonderful effect:
moderate muscle relaxant
mild anxiolytic effect

You take 1g a day of magnesium ? Is that safe ? well suppose so or you wouldnt still take it.

Interesting that it is suggested in a few studies that magnesium levels should be tested and corrected as first treatment for depression.

I have a bath in epsom salts a few times a week to get my dose !!

SFC
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-08-2020, 05:06 AM Thread Starter
UnDeRrAtED

Quote:
moderate muscle relaxant
mild anxiolytic effect
Hey there,
Ive tried traditional magnesium supplements but not consistently to feel any difference in health status. Maybe Ill give it a shot I just have a hard time believing a vitamin is going to help me feel better if the root cause is psychological in this case. I mean its not just one cause or another but multifaceted so it can help to have adequate nutrients macro and vitamins in your body.

post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-08-2020, 10:56 PM
biohacker

Talking

Quote:
You take 1g a day of magnesium ? Is that safe ? well suppose so or you wouldnt still take it.

Interesting that it is suggested in a few studies that magnesium levels should be tested and corrected as first treatment for depression.

I have a bath in epsom salts a few times a week to get my dose !!
i have heard that you can take up to 5g/day elemental magnesium, i have started with 350mg/day (29g as loading dose because crazy long half life of magnesium 42day!!) what caused the wonderful effect + some respiratory depression and slow heart rate so i stopped in that dose for a month then tolerance developed for this bad effect , and also the wonderful effect so i started upper more and I'm now on 1g/day without any problem *-*

currently on: anafranil 75mg/d, magnesium1g/d, olanzpine 20mg/d, caffeine 240mg/d, nicotine 6mg/d, lorazepam 2.5mg/20d, trihexyphenidy 10mg/month, theanine 1cup/month
check out my:
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-08-2020, 11:05 PM
biohacker

Quote:
Hey there,
Ive tried traditional magnesium supplements but not consistently to feel any difference in health status. Maybe Ill give it a shot I just have a hard time believing a vitamin is going to help me feel better if the root cause is psychological in this case. I mean its not just one cause or another but multifaceted so it can help to have adequate nutrients macro and vitamins in your body.
you will "start" feeling it if you take firstly 0.16g/kg of your body wight as loading dose then 1.95mg/kg/day as a maintenance dose

check out my:
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-09-2020, 02:50 AM
S F C 0 1

Quote:
you will "start" feeling it if you take firstly 0.16g/kg of your body wight as loading dose then 1.95mg/kg/day as a maintenance dose

May I ask what you take the trihexyphenidy for ?

SFC
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-10-2020, 01:34 AM
biohacker

Quote:
May I ask what you take the trihexyphenidy for ?
trihexyphenidy cause mild euphoria and anti-anxiety effect on the short term , but she cause delirium on the long term, so i take it 1 day every month

check out my:
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-11-2020, 11:47 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Hey Mate, Well with the Vraylar was no different then the atypical antipsychotiic like Risperdal and Invega Trinza. Currently at 3 MG daily of Vraylar and seems help with the paranoia. Though I still wish there were meds that helped much more then what psych meds do. Maybe I'm just missing out on the amphetamines like adderall.
There is also a medication called naltrexone that is used for binge eating as well. Adderall too me is more preferable but naltrexone is an option too.
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-11-2020, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
UnDeRrAtED

Quote:
There is also a medication called naltrexone that is used for binge eating as well. Adderall too me is more preferable but naltrexone is an option too.
True ive had naltrexone for about two to four years i cant remember but i do remember mentioning it to my mental health practioner. Adderall could be worth a shot with my psychiatrist if i do switch from nurse practioner to psychiatrist md. I would have to anyway since nurse mental health practioners cant prescribe amphetamines anyway as you probably know already. My pcp recommends me to get weight loss surgery the gastric sleeve by pass surgery since my insurance covers it. I just dont that is the solution to my eating disorder. My sleep specialists doesnt recommend it. Ive also had my nurse practioner tell me that many people regain back the weight they had removed anatomically.

I already lost about 110 pounds with healthy eating and a lot of walking with my pcp's encouragement and motivation i just dont feel will power will get me to the point passing below a certain weight. I self destructed myself too much just letting myself go to easily. I mean eating just to eat and large quantity of food at once was self sabotaging but at the same time my subconscious mind was at war.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page