SSRIs, SNRIs, TCA's, MAOISs, Mood stabilizers, ECT, Ketamine... - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2020, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

SSRIs, SNRIs, TCA's, MAOISs, Mood stabilizers, ECT, Ketamine...

I've been everything known to man and I'm a 30 year old grown man who has dropped out of grad school twice left multiple jobs, and lives at home with his parents. What I can tell you is that there is nothing I have found to be more powerful than the MAOI's. Specially Nardil although it lasted for a brief amount of time for me and sent me into a hypomanic frenzy which I thought was just the antidepressant effect best days of my life till the crashes. I am also a "quiet" borderline and have OCD though.
I'm really just writing to wish you guys better luck than myself in finding medications that work for you and because I'm lonely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2020, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

of the three (SAD, OCD, and BPD), I have found SAD to be the worst
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2020, 03:41 PM
SAS Member

GHB/GBL when using correctly it Will blow the anti-anxiety and anti depressant effects of any Anti depressant away,

but i dont recommend it you, as it Will be hard to not keep using it after finding out a way to feel anxiety and depression free, it is a hard drug and addictive

Also Proper redosing during the day is hard and takes a long time to really know how to use it.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-23-2020, 01:53 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sad
MAOIs are indeed powerful. I've been on Nardil for three years and it's still doing its thing 🙂

Immeasurably more effective than SSRIs/SNRIs etc, in my experience.

Sorry to hear it didn't work so well for you.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-27-2020, 11:21 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshyboy2 View Post
I've been everything known to man and I'm a 30 year old grown man who has dropped out of grad school twice left multiple jobs, and lives at home with his parents. What I can tell you is that there is nothing I have found to be more powerful than the MAOI's. Specially Nardil although it lasted for a brief amount of time for me and sent me into a hypomanic frenzy which I thought was just the antidepressant effect best days of my life till the crashes. I am also a "quiet" borderline and have OCD though.
I'm really just writing to wish you guys better luck than myself in finding medications that work for you and because I'm lonely.

im glad maoi's worked for you for me they didn't...did you try TMS? how was ketamine?? i can't afford it and my insurance wont pay for it..i am in a similar situation as you so i completely understand you ...lets hope things get better...
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2020, 05:12 PM
SAS Member

Do MAOIs have strong side effects?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-14-2020, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I never tried TMS Ketamine felt like a normal drug experience I got totally euphorically high for a few hours but then crashed and got super paranoid for 2 days, I was recently diagnosed bipolar btw, so my experiences may be different.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-15-2020, 02:50 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshyboy2 View Post
I can tell you what worked for me if you send me a PM. I've already mentioned it before on this forum but no one really takes it seriously, so feel free to ask. Though my methods that worked for me don't work for everyone...
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2020, 09:22 AM
SAS Member

I was looking for related information. This helps!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-23-2020, 07:46 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared6034 View Post
Do MAOIs have strong side effects?
Well yeah, MAOIs have side-effects, like any meds. I'm not sure I'd describe them as any "stronger" than other stuff like SSRIs etc.

All those other setotonin-based meds made me emotionally numb, apathetic and even more depressed. IMO that's a pretty strong side-effect.

It's part of the whole prejudice against MAOIs these days ... they're viewed as outdated, hardcore, dangerous psychiatric medications with terrible side-effects that have no place in today's world of SSRIs.

That's why MAOIs are used so like nowdays.

Personally, I'm happy to put up with Nardil's side-effects because unlike SSRIs/SNRIs, Nardil *actually works*.

It all depends on where you're at.

If you've truly had enough of SA and its effect on your life, you're ready to try Nardil.

If you're not yet at that point, by all means try other things. They may well help.

I had already been through numerous other meds, and I'd tried meditation, CBT, psychotherapy, exercise, group therapy etc etc, to no avail.

I was at the point where I was willing to try anything. I'd had enough.

Good luck. I hope you find something that works for you 😎
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2021, 02:06 PM
SAS Member

nothing ever worked for me either..im sorry i am in the same situation as you it's not easy

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page