Sleeping drug experiences - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 05:54 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Tired

Sleeping drug experiences

Hi, I just want to point out something I have learned the hard way, in case it may help others.

Just because a sleeping drug has a shortish half life doesn't mean it isn't still in your system and exerting its effects the next day. I have found that heavyish sleep doses of H1 (and M1, A1, and 5HT2A) antagonists can leave me hungover and bombed out the following day. Examples include 100 mg of quetiapine, 25 mg of doxylamine, 75 mg of trazodone, and 7.5 mg of pericyazine. All of these leave me sedated and sluggish the next day, to the point where I was looking for other explanations for feeling like this.

I have also found that H1 antagonists, when used in doses greater than really needed, can cause paradoxical excitement with a fast heart rate.

Avoidant Personality Disorder, treatment-resistant major depressive disorder + dysthymia, generalised anxiety disorder, recovering alcoholic (former 21 drink/day habit), current user of 16mg/night of nicotine spray (Nicorette QuickMist) as alcohol substitute.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page