Ritalin issues - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-27-2013, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Ritalin issues

I am having some issues with Ritalin and someone close to me. They recently got a new prescription for Ritalin - they have a history with drug abuse and immediately started abusing Ritalin. Took 19 pills in less than 12 hours (20 mg short acting). There is the fear that now they will be resistant to this drug. Does anyone know what the risk is of being resistant to the drug at normal doses? I have taken the remaining pills and am giving them out as prescribed, but very very concerned about (1) how long does it take for that many pills to exit the system - it's been 3 days and the nervousness and anxiety are still there butnot as extreme - and (2) what's the possibility of starting to use this med as prescribed and it working (it did work the first couple of days because it was taken as prescribed)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 01:59 PM
uk worrier

I know this wasn't your question but Ritalin is generally prescribed for attention disorder not anxiety.And having once taken a mid -level dose can't see how it would help.There is unlikely to be any lasting problems from a short period of mis-use,but i think any perceived benefits the doctor might have thought were going to be present are far out-weighed by your friend/relatives obvious problems with this medication and a complete re-think would be a good idea.I just noticed the date so you have probably resolved the issue ,but on the off-chance the drug is still being prescribed you need to try something else as this person as an obvious problem with this medication.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 05:52 AM
Lauris

My Mood: Asleep
Your friend has addictive personality and you should keep him away from amphetamines like ritalin and adderall. Amphetamine makes everything better obviously, so many people don't even take it for ADHD. Amphetamines should be prescribed only for severe ADHD, but it's given out like candies lmao, and using it recreationaly is seen as normal thing.

add me if you want to talk about medications for anxiety/depression, I will help

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page