Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Put on mirtazapine... Can I quit my celexa cold turkey!

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  broflovski 
#1 ·
Or should I still taper?

#5 ·
Remeron has very little to no critical interaction with SSRIs.

But what dose are you on?
Yeah thats what i thought lol not that i have been on mirtazapine but considering i came off celexa very quickly with no side effects at all and since it stays in your system for up to two days you should be fine :)

Remeron is strong and very sedating so i doubt u would notice the celexa leaving your system

its not like paxill, that stuff needs to be tapered VERY slowly :afr

#8 ·
I've been thinking about staying on the Celexa with the Remeron too. Not sure.

I'm on 30mg Celexa and 15mg Remeron. I took half a pill of the Remeron last night and it knocked me out for almost 12 hours lol.

I was put on Mirtazapine/Remeron to help me gain weight mostly... but I've heard good stories about its antidepressant properties so hopefully it can help with that.

#9 ·
Hey. Mirtazapine indirectly agonise 5-ht1a receptor by antagonism of alpha 2 - it's good. Another good thing is 5-ht2c antagonism - this will help you gain weight. Bad things about mirtazapine are very strong H1 antagonism (very strong sedation) and 5-ht2a antagonism (but it's good in some people). I think SSRI+mirtazapine is very good combo - 5-ht2 antagonism and full power on 5-ht1a receptors.

#10 ·
I was impressed with mirtazapine profile too, and thought about the SSRI/mirtazapine combination, that may be quite synergistic, and is often prescribed. If one adjusts an appropriate dose of mirtazapine, taking before bedtime. But I was discouraged with reports of mirtazapine harmful influence on blood (though it may be rare side effect).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.