Propranolol ?? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Propranolol ??

Has anybody here tried propranolol? I take a lot of other medications that have been helping me but I told my dr that I literally could not pull it together to do a few things that I really had to do - the dentist!!!!!! URGH! He prescribed me this... What do you think of this med?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 11:40 PM
SAS Member

Not sure about dentist anxiety, but for public speaking it's a bliss! 30-40 mg and I'm the head of the Toastmasters club
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 12:10 AM
SAS Member

I take it and I have found it helpful to prevent trembling, sweating, fast heartbeat and physical symptoms like that.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 06:19 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Thanks

Thanks! I am already on benzos and my Dr does NOT want to go any higher on those and I completely agreed. They've been working for me for years and I don't want to come off of them, or increase the dosage at all. I take them mostly as needed but pretty often like every other day. I have somehow kept tolerance down which is fantastic. So without messing with my benzo doses. Whats left for something like a dentist/doctor phobia that I can't pull myself together to do? I tried the Propranolol last night and I really think it was working for just overall stress! I felt very much like "eh who cares"... instead of "oh no i did this i did that, i feel guilty etc"... so it was actually very helpful it seems. I woke up this morning and I don't know if it's in your blood that long but I ran errands and felt completely stress free and i didnt have any of that crazy nervous ness of people judging me etc. I will probably start taking this every day with my other meds but... as for the dentist... yea i dont think this is gonna get me into that office... I dont really know what will... Scary.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page