Pdoc cut off my benzo, I will now self-medicate with ethanol - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

Pdoc cut off my benzo, I will now self-medicate with ethanol

i will experiment and titrate ethanol (drinking alcohol) to see if it is a viable alternative to benzos for me.

I have used ethanol very sparingly since I first tried it in 2011. I'm gonna start by having a shot every night and see what works.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 09:11 PM
Spectacular Member

Why not just stick to weed?

"It's better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared." -- Whitney Young Jr.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noca View Post
not very anxiolytic for me. also doesn't relax my muscles

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 10:10 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by versikk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noca View Post
not very anxiolytic for me. also doesn't relax my muscles :-)
How about the other cannabinoids? Not just thc.

Hopefully you dont go into withdrawal from the benzos. Its pretty bad.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelinquishedHell View Post
How about the other cannabinoids? Not just thc.

Hopefully you dont go into withdrawal from the benzos. Its pretty bad.
in this straight edge country i have to take what i can get my hands on lol

no withdrawals, i havent taken for 2 months and dont feel any different (apart from being more tense yay). i'll probably be alright. thank you tho.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 05:53 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Tired
How about trying gabapentin (Neurontin) or pregabalin (Lyrica)? They can stop anxiety without doctors (yet) being as paranoid about prescribing them - and you can always claim you'd like to try them for nerve pain. Another option is etifoxine, a benzo-like drug that allegedly has no tolerance or addiction, although has to be ordered online in most countries.

Avoidant Personality Disorder, treatment-resistant major depressive disorder + dysthymia, generalised anxiety disorder, recovering alcoholic (former 21 drink/day habit), current user of 16mg/night of nicotine spray (Nicorette QuickMist) as alcohol substitute.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 06:04 AM
Poorly tuned

My Mood: Relaxed
I guess telling him he's a piece a shlt wouldn't help?

/WYSD
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 02:10 PM
SAS Member

Language: English and Roumanian
My Mood: Lonely
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
How about trying gabapentin (Neurontin) or pregabalin (Lyrica)? They can stop anxiety without doctors (yet) being as paranoid about prescribing them - and you can always claim you'd like to try them for nerve pain. Another option is etifoxine, a benzo-like drug that allegedly has no tolerance or addiction, although has to be ordered online in most countries.

You got my attention with that medication,actually Etifoxine is available in EU countries,especially on Roumania,i will ask my doctor about this,there its called "Stresam",i hope it dosen't cause the awfull withdrawals like benzo do,i will give it a try,since i already experienced some mild withdrawal from Valium after a short daily usage (5-6 days),i really don't want to relly on benzos anymore.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 05:08 AM
SAS Member

Having a shot every night won't be harmful but I'm not sure how that will assist much? It will wear off in an hour and you might be tempted by day drinking which usually isn't a good idea. I was up to a litre of vodka a day or equivalent at one point, not recommended. Have you tried phenibut (has addiction potential too although never got withdrawals), gabapentin, kratom?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 01:21 PM
SAS Member

I've got an prescription for Etifoxine (Stresam),but i didn't find it yet on my near Pharmacies,i guess i will have a look on others parts too,i'm so glad that my doctor decided to give me this med ^^
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 06:23 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Tired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius.Petran View Post
You got my attention with that medication,actually Etifoxine is available in EU countries,especially on Roumania,i will ask my doctor about this,there its called "Stresam",i hope it dosen't cause the awfull withdrawals like benzo do,i will give it a try,since i already experienced some mild withdrawal from Valium after a short daily usage (5-6 days),i really don't want to relly on benzos anymore.

Etifoxine is supposed to be free of tolerance, dependence, and withdrawals, due to acting at a different site on the GABA-A receptor. I'm always skeptical when a drug is said to have no withdrawals whatsoever, but this one might be the real deal.

Avoidant Personality Disorder, treatment-resistant major depressive disorder + dysthymia, generalised anxiety disorder, recovering alcoholic (former 21 drink/day habit), current user of 16mg/night of nicotine spray (Nicorette QuickMist) as alcohol substitute.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 01:47 PM
SAS Member

^ I've got my prescription for this medication,but its seems that i no longer found it on my country,i'm a bit dissapointed since i've been searching for others meds like benzos but like you said without dependence / nasty withdrawals,the next medication seems to be Grandaxin (Tofiospam) but i'm sceptical about this med,mostly because its a 2'3 benzodiazepine and it can cause some withdrawals too.
I'm still searching for Etifoxine though,hopefully i will find it.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 04:40 AM
SAS Member

Language: Portuguese, French, German, English
My Mood: Crappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius.Petran View Post
^ I've got my prescription for this medication,but its seems that i no longer found it on my country,i'm a bit dissapointed since i've been searching for others meds like benzos but like you said without dependence / nasty withdrawals,the next medication seems to be Grandaxin (Tofiospam) but i'm sceptical about this med,mostly because its a 2'3 benzodiazepine and it can cause some withdrawals too.
I'm still searching for Etifoxine though,hopefully i will find it.

Stresam is about to be taken out of the market due to serious side effects. The only country where you can still get it, as far as I know, is France. But I have already been told by our suppliers it will soon be over too.

That said, I don't believe Stresam is "tolerance" free. I remember zolpidem being advertised as not having tolerance buildup. The worst cases of addiction to sleeping pills I have seen were ALL to zolpidem. I have seen people taking up to 10-15 pills per day.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

i actually didn't keep up my drinking for more than a day (lol).

i've been smoking weed before work now instead , but not every day. it certainly helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
if you mention Lyrica to a doctor here you'll go straight in the "addict piece of trash" patient category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
I guess telling him he's a piece a shlt wouldn't help?
nah but it would feel good, maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk3478 View Post
Having a shot every night won't be harmful but I'm not sure how that will assist much? It will wear off in an hour and you might be tempted by day drinking which usually isn't a good idea.
true..... ethanol is fcvking crap

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page