Off Paxil and feeling better - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Off Paxil and feeling better

I've been on various SSRI's over the last 13 months and have been on Paxil for the last 5 or so months. Paxil has done nothing for my SA and I've gradually gone down from 40mg to 30mg to 20mg to 10mg over the last few weeks and have been off the drug completely for the last two days. I can honestly say I feel better. I am not as tired, I am more motivated and generally just feel better. No more of these SSRI's for me thank you very much. I realize they help some people and those people should certainly continue to take these drugs. But in my case, I'll just stick to Adderall XR for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 04:22 AM
Beautiful Mess

I am sorry you had that experience. Paxil has been my wonder drug.

If you fall- fall on your back. If you can look up- you can get up. Les Brown
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 11:10 AM
SAS Member

SSRI can block dopamine . Maybe, when you get off paxil, dopamine increased?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 11:48 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
Paxil has helped me out, but the somnolence (drowsiness) was really an issue. I am now more sensitive to caffeine than I was and am just now adjusting to using less so I can sleep more.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 02:51 PM

when you say SSRIs do you mean all antidepressants? its supposed to mean the prozac type only
if they were all prozac type did any of them work, if not there a re still many other types to try

sadly many docs prescribe prozac type only and never try the other types of antidepressants if they dont work
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 09:31 PM
SAS Member

Paxil was so bad for me. My new doctor refuses to prescribe it because of the overwhelmingly bad response to it.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 07:29 AM
SAS Member

I've used the generic for Paxil for over 9 years now. (Paroxetine) I guess my brain got bored with it. My Head Doctor weined me off it. My last pill was last Monday. My brain seems to be in a daze with an occasional brain reboot that seems to last just a second. My legs, feet, arms, fingers and head seem to have a tingle.

I'm taking Pristiq now. He said the side effects of this drug my be a higher heart rate. I don't have that.

I think it's ledgible now. I forget to type words and spelling is a chore for me.
Please excuse the way I desribe things. But that's how I view it. Just a simple guy here.

Edward Scissorhands.
You give the quote "nothing is what it seems" its real meaning! You deserve more than you get, but it takes time and effort knowing you for people to understand they have the real deal here. You are totally original although too idealistic, which makes it difficult for you to be understood...
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 07:53 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happ2beme View Post
I'm taking Pristiq now. He said the side effects of this drug my be a higher heart rate. I don't have that.
In general drugs with a stronger action on norepinephrine like Milnacipran or Reboxetine tend to have this side effect (tachycardia) more often then Effexor / Pristiq.

Disclaimer: The user "Medline" is not a medical professional and does not provide medical advice. All information provided by "Medline" is based on his own research and/or personal experiences and should not be considered professional medical advice. All information provided by "Medline" is intended to be for informational purposes only. "Medline" assumes no liability and/or responsibility for the actions of individuals using any information provided.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 08:10 AM
SAS Member

Wow, Cool!

Thank you for your knowledge.

Edward Scissorhands.
You give the quote "nothing is what it seems" its real meaning! You deserve more than you get, but it takes time and effort knowing you for people to understand they have the real deal here. You are totally original although too idealistic, which makes it difficult for you to be understood...
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 08:23 AM
SAS Member

I've tried most of them and hate them all. I hate the side effects. I hate going off of them. I hate being more talkative on them, less talkative, tired, gain weight, lose weight, sleep to much, sleep to little.

I hated Paxil . Iwasn't depressed and I wasn't that anxious but I didn't feel like doing anything productive. I just goofed off. It was really hard for me to focus in and buckle down and get things done.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page