New drug who might get approved for social anxiety. - Social Anxiety Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Hopeforall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 279

New drug who might get approved for social anxiety.


Ph94b aloradine the first nasal spray used on a demand basis who can reduce social anxiety in 10 minutes.
Approval date: most probably 2020 since it got amazing results in phase 3 studies, works on gaba.
It will absolutely replace all SSRIs/ SNRIs and nardil for social anxiety in a few years
Hopeforall is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 10:52 AM
BUSTY BBW BBC TAKING MILF
 
3stacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Birmingham, Uk
Language: Can complain in all languages
Gender: Male
Age: 24
Posts: 4,821
My Mood: Lonely
Noice

Go then, there are other worlds than these.

You ain't tried no drug like me
3stacks is offline  
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 12:34 PM
SAS's Chief Meteorologist
 
Maslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Denver
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,542
I need a pleasure drug that doesn't give me a hangover.

Nobody loves me but my dog, and I think he might be jivin', too.
Maslow is offline  
 
post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 02:41 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Hopeforall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 279
Wikipedia:
4-Androstadienol (developmental code name PH94B; tentative commercial name Aloradine or Aloradine IN), also known as 4,16-androstadien-3β-ol, is a pherine which is under development by Pherin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in a nasal spray formulation for the acute (p.r.n.) treatment of social anxiety disorder in women.[1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8] but has also shown the same effectiveness for men too.
Hopeforall is offline  
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 04:41 AM
Tired
 
SplendidBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: UK
Language: English
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,395
Works on GABA, addictive, the end.

Dimethylamidophenyldimethylpyrazolone
SplendidBob is offline  
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 05:14 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Hopeforall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidBob View Post
Works on GABA, addictive, the end.
At first sight it might seems like this, but its mechanism of action based on the "pherines" does not allow it to become addictive.
And after many trials, short and long term and in vitro studies, it was not at all addictive.
Hopeforall is offline  
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 05:16 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Hopeforall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 279
It is the first substance created specifically for social anxiety disorder, contrary to SSRIs, SNRIs and MAOI, they were designed for depression then tried for SA.
Hopeforall is offline  
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 06:56 AM
Tired
 
SplendidBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: UK
Language: English
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeforall View Post
At first sight it might seems like this, but its mechanism of action based on the "pherines" does not allow it to become addictive.
And after many trials, short and long term and in vitro studies, it was not at all addictive.
I haven't looked into it obviously, because, cba.. but GABA substances are never addictive until it turns out they are.

1. barbiturate's weren't addictive, until they were.
2. benzo's weren't addictive, until they were
3. z-drugs, "no, they aren't benzo's, they aren't addictive", until they were
4. baclofen / phenibut, totally not addictive, until they were
5. gabapentin and pregabalin, definitely not addictive, until they were.

All of these substances very useful for treating anxiety, under the right circumstances, but clear addiction possibilities which means eventually they become scheduled etc.

If it raises GABA, I just file it under "meh, will be scheduled eventually". Not that I have any delusional expectations about meds. My SA is more or less tolerable now.. it's not my major problem. Relying on meds for SA is an error, imo.

Dimethylamidophenyldimethylpyrazolone
SplendidBob is offline  
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Hopeforall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidBob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeforall View Post
At first sight it might seems like this, but its mechanism of action based on the "pherines" does not allow it to become addictive.
And after many trials, short and long term and in vitro studies, it was not at all addictive.
I haven't looked into it obviously, because, cba.. but GABA substances are never addictive until it turns out they are.

1. barbiturate's weren't addictive, until they were.
2. benzo's weren't addictive, until they were
3. z-drugs, "no, they aren't benzo's, they aren't addictive", until they were
4. baclofen / phenibut, totally not addictive, until they were
5. gabapentin and pregabalin, definitely not addictive, until they were.

All of these substances very useful for treating anxiety, under the right circumstances, but clear addiction possibilities which means eventually they become scheduled etc.

If it raises GABA, I just file it under "meh, will be scheduled eventually". Not that I have any delusional expectations about meds. My SA is more or less tolerable now.. it's not my major problem. Relying on meds for SA is an error, imo.
Well I respect and understand your opinion, but social anxiety is an illness just like hypertension and... So sometimes we should take meds for it.
CBT is not effective for everyone.
While there is chance it turns out as addictive, aloradine is created thru a new sophisticated mode of action called pherines that allows it to suppress anxiety.
I don't think they will be this stupid to create a new addictive drug
Hopeforall is offline  
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 09:24 AM
Shattered Reality
 
AngryE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Philadelphia
Language: English
Gender: Male
Age: 38
Posts: 28
Maybe because I was born with some minor (but problematic) birth defects as a result of "Thalidomide"...I've gone my whole adult life without taking medicine of any kind. This PH94B stuff scares me just as much as everything else because I don't trust/believe anything human beings say or do.
AngryE is offline  
post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 12:52 PM
Tired
 
SplendidBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: UK
Language: English
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,395
@Hopeforall I would take GABA meds constantly if I could, they just aren't going to cure SA because SA is a multifaceted condition that has a large psychological and social element. It is obvious that a form of anxiety that manifests during very specific social scenarios doesn't have a purely biological root cause. Give me a benzo and my SA isn't gone, I still lack the confidence to socialise (confidence can't be medicated, unless you take insane crazy ****), I still lack the social opportunities and capabilities from years of avoidance. I still carry the schema's for social interaction that have been drummed into my psyche over the decades I have suffered with this stuff. That **** only comes from actually socialising and getting on with it in a more controlled way, and re-writing those schemas and patterns. And it's important to recognise that SA isn't going to go away either. The longer you hold out hope for a magic cure, the more you will jump from hope to hope, its paxil, its luvox, its whatever else, its a magical future drug. Been there, done that, its just avoidance wearing a mask.

Individualism in clinical psychology has a lot to answer for though too, you can't just separate the individual off from society, and you certainly can't separate the individuals biology off from their psychology.

I hope you find you cure, though .

Dimethylamidophenyldimethylpyrazolone
SplendidBob is offline  
post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Hopeforall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidBob View Post
@Hopeforall I would take GABA meds constantly if I could, they just aren't going to cure SA because SA is a multifaceted condition that has a large psychological and social element. It is obvious that a form of anxiety that manifests during very specific social scenarios doesn't have a purely biological root cause. Give me a benzo and my SA isn't gone, I still lack the confidence to socialise (confidence can't be medicated, unless you take insane crazy ****), I still lack the social opportunities and capabilities from years of avoidance. I still carry the schema's for social interaction that have been drummed into my psyche over the decades I have suffered with this stuff. That **** only comes from actually socialising and getting on with it in a more controlled way, and re-writing those schemas and patterns. And it's important to recognise that SA isn't going to go away either. The longer you hold out hope for a magic cure, the more you will jump from hope to hope, its paxil, its luvox, its whatever else, its a magical future drug. Been there, done that, its just avoidance wearing a mask.

Individualism in clinical psychology has a lot to answer for though too, you can't just separate the individual off from society, and you certainly can't separate the individuals biology off from their psychology.

I hope you find you cure, though <a href="http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif" border="0" alt="" title="" >:-)</a>.
SplendidBob thank youuuu so muchhhhh for saying what I have been saying all these years!!!!!! Benzos DO NOT GIVE ME CONFIDENCE TOO, they reduce general anxiety a bit but we still lack the confidence to socialize.
I totally agree with everything you said!!
Hopeforall is offline  
post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 10:07 PM
The Meditator
 
Suchness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Planet Namek, Australia
Language: Enlgish
Gender: Male
Age: 33
Posts: 4,977
Benzos can give you confidence, you guys just aren't doing it right. You need to take like 10 of them for that, haha.
Suchness is offline  
post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 02:24 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Hopeforall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchness View Post
Benzos can give you confidence, you guys just aren't doing it right. You need to take like 10 of them for that, haha.
Hahahahahahahahahahhahahah if I take only 1 I fall asleep right away &#x1f602;&#x1f602;, then will I get confident in my dreams while sleeping? &#x1f61b;
Hopeforall is offline  
post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 03:47 AM
The Meditator
 
Suchness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Planet Namek, Australia
Language: Enlgish
Gender: Male
Age: 33
Posts: 4,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeforall View Post
Hahahahahahahahahahhahahah if I take only 1 I fall asleep right away &#x1f602;&#x1f602;, then will I get confident in my dreams while sleeping? &#x1f61b;
Oh for sure, you'll have the most confident dreams ever. I used to take up to 15 at a time and I may as well have been asleep cause sometimes I barely remembered anything but it did give me confidence to go out.
Suchness is offline  
post #16 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 04:03 AM
indo cloudhead
 
versikk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Split Parallel
Gender: Other
Age: 32
Posts: 5,631
if it's gabaergic, it won't be allowed in Sweden. I'll never get to try this unless i buy it illegally.

the Self appears inside your experiences.
versikk is online now  
post #17 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Hopeforall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by versikk View Post
if it's gabaergic, it won't be allowed in Sweden. I'll never get to try this unless i buy it illegally.
But apparently it cannot be abused because it is taken in the nose in only limited amounts.
Hopeforall is offline  
post #18 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Hopeforall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingRubies View Post
A nasal spray sounds like an interesting method of delivering an antidepressant or social anxiety treatment. It seems like it would work faster than a conventional tablet. I'd be interested in giving that a try when it comes out.

Antidepressants and related medications have been ineffective on a lot of people. Are there others here who have used benzos for SA or anxiety? What about supplements or vitamins?
I tried clonazepam, It did not work well.
It makes me sleepy and a bit less anxious but confidence the same.
Personally I don't like benzos for social anxiety (my personal experience) maybe they are great for other people.
Hopeforall is offline  
post #19 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 12:18 PM
indo cloudhead
 
versikk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Split Parallel
Gender: Other
Age: 32
Posts: 5,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeforall View Post
But apparently it cannot be abused because it is taken in the nose in only limited amounts.
what stops people from overusing the spray?

the Self appears inside your experiences.
versikk is online now  
post #20 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 03:38 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 23
It sounds like a Benzo which only works for a few hours and has tolerance issues.
nb89 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome