Nardil Vs Parnate - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Calling those who have been on both Nardil and parnate.

Which one do you prefer and why?
I have social anxiety with depression which is why I chose Nardil. Nardil is often known as the “gold standard” for S.A. due to its effect on GABA.

However after 8 years of being on nardil I have gained a lot of weight, and the insomnia is a pain in the ***. Also have a lot of trouble with daytime sedation in the afternoon. Therefore I’ve been thinking of switching to parnate. Is parnate as effective for social anxiety as Nardil? Is the insomnia just as bad as Nardil?

For those who have been on both, please compare the following between Nardil and parnate and mention which is worse.

Better for anxiety:
Better for depression:
Better for motivation:

Side effects (which one is worse)

Insomnia:
Daytime sedation:
Weight gain:
Sexual side effects:

Which one gave you more hypertensive crisis from eating the wrong foods:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 08:25 PM
SAS Member

Nardil has a significantly greater effect on social anxiety while parnate is better for depression.
Parnate is activating.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 08:10 AM
S F C 0 1

Language: English
My Mood: Happy
I suffered from GAD not SA but one issue straight away with parnate is getting a high enough dose prescribed. In the UK at least its max recommended dose is 30mg but some evidence suggests that isnt high enough, with 60-80mg being a more effective dose. Gillman Fan on the forum was 150 odd mg.

I got up to 40mg when I switched from nardil but it didnt really compare to how good nardil has been for me, so switched back.

Never really got any side effects from either but nardil is probably considered heavier on that front. As for hypertensive crisis, pretty rare with either - its not like you have loads to be able compare the two - I have never had one since I started nardil 6 years ago and I eat what i want.

Try parnate if you want to really know, you can switch from one to the other pretty much straight away (i switched to and from twice, on the same day - nardil kicked back in pretty much immediately too after being on parnate for a few months.

Since nardil kicked in when i started it, i have not had one day of depression or anxiety. On parnate, I could feel things sliding down hill in the end.

Nardil for me by a long way but would be interesting to see what 100mg parnate a day would be like.

I have many talents but giving a **** is not one of them

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

What dose of nardil are you on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'avjo View Post
I suffered from GAD not SA but one issue straight away with parnate is getting a high enough dose prescribed. In the UK at least its max recommended dose is 30mg but some evidence suggests that isnt high enough, with 60-80mg being a more effective dose. Gillman Fan on the forum was 150 odd mg.

I got up to 40mg when I switched from nardil but it didnt really compare to how good nardil has been for me, so switched back.

Never really got any side effects from either but nardil is probably considered heavier on that front. As for hypertensive crisis, pretty rare with either - its not like you have loads to be able compare the two - I have never had one since I started nardil 6 years ago and I eat what i want.

Try parnate if you want to really know, you can switch from one to the other pretty much straight away (i switched to and from twice, on the same day - nardil kicked back in pretty much immediately too after being on parnate for a few months.

Since nardil kicked in when i started it, i have not had one day of depression or anxiety. On parnate, I could feel things sliding down hill in the end.

Nardil for me by a long way but would be interesting to see what 100mg parnate a day would be like.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 11:40 AM
S F C 0 1

Language: English
My Mood: Happy
75mg

I have many talents but giving a **** is not one of them

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page