Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Nardil UK shortage

5K views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  jtd1974 
#1 ·
The current shortage of nardil in the UK is now at danger point - does anyone have any nardil to sell, or good sources (hopefully UK based on europe).

thanks

I've been cured and stable on nardil for 8 years and now this sh1t happens.....

#2 ·
ALso worth mentioning that pfizer nardil is far inferior to either archimedes (uk) nardil, canadian (erfa) or lupin (us). worth consdering if you are not getting the effects others are getting.

I currently putting pfizer tabs in enteric capsules to move efficacy from like 20% to 50-60%. I think we were spoiled by archimedes nardil which was the absolute dog;s b*ll*cks

#6 ·
Seems to be happening quite much lately....
This is sad, feeling stable on a drug then having to change, especially since most people on nardil tried many other drugs before.
But I think most old drugs now including SSRI/SNRI are being replaced by the newer drugs that are coming soon especially for social anxiety.
We should not give up

#7 ·
Just wanted to mention, for me the Canadian Erfa brand Nardil does feel slightly different to the Australian Link brand I'd been taking before.

I'm getting more daytime tiredness, especially in the mornings. Kind of a spaced out feeling too. It takes me hours to feel awake. Coffee is a necessity now lol.

I'm thinking maybe something like modafinil might help, if I can find a reliable online source.

I guess I'm just grateful to still have a supply of Nardil. Wouldn't fancy having to switch to some other med.

They're saying the Link pills will be available again in March. Fingers crossed it doesn't get pushed back further.

#12 ·
After 3hrs on the phone to various pharamcies I was able to get 20 pfizer pills from small seaside pharmacy of all places.

Took 3 today but feel totally weird and just want to sleep.
Show this link to your pharmacist, get a prescription from GP with special order written on it along with usual info and you should be able to get a regular supply. The pharmacist will contact one of the named suppliers for you

Leave plenty of time tho as can take 2/3 weeks to get them.

I just got 500 last week via this route

This post has been deleted
#15 ·
I don't require nardil but my medication has also been affected this year. when I asked the pharmacists what was the cause of this they explained how this is not just restricted to my medication but its affecting a lot of medication people require. when pushing a bit further for answers on why and what is going on, they went on to explain brexit is basically the reason this is happening.

#18 ·
Here in Oz the resupply date has been pushed vack from March to December 2020. F***ing joke. I don't trust the dates they give any more.

To make matters worse, they're also saying the imported Canadian Nardil is now out of stock here.

I've got a few months' worth up my sleeve. Might have to drop to 75mg to eke it out a bit longer. I don't want to go too low with the dose and start feeling like c**p again, defeats the object.

The pharmacist told me Parnate's also unavailable, including the imported version.

So my options feel pretty limited right now.

Hope things are better for you in the UK, @D'avjo

#24 ·
The situation is getting creepy.
I'm French and here pdoc are already full into SSRI. Nardil isn't sold. It has to be imported and hell you must have a very good reason not to follow the Prozac-way.
So I usually buy it online (UK or Canadian pharmacy). But now it really become a nightmare: on backorder everywhere and online ordering became more strict (no Credit card payment but some old "money order"...).

Does anyone has any reliable source to order it in 2020? thanks.

#26 ·
@Jaijai44 - My psychiatrist was able to sort it for me fairly easily.

He filled out a Special Access Scheme form, then had to fax or email it off to the Department of Health to be approved.

I picked up the approved form, took it into my pharmacy and they were then able to order the US Nardil from Link. I'm waiting for it to arrive.

I've still got some of the Canadian Erfa Nardil. But being on 90mg, each bottle will only last me 10 days lol.

Yeah, it will be expensive. I'm hoping the Erfa stuff becomes available again in April as predicted, so I won't have to pay out for too long.

Anything less than 90mg doesn't work as well for me. Maybe I don't absorb meds well, so need higher doses, I don't know.

Anyway, good luck. Just LMK if you need any more info. I'll help if I can.

#28 ·
I get the lupin stuff as well, you better not buy the lot ha

You will never guess what mate ha

That ****tty UK supplier now says sorry, wont be March now and dont know when they will have it back in stock.

My response wasnt the politest and told them to sort their **** out - for what good it will do.

Anyone know the recipe for UK nardil, we could cook some up for ourselves lol

#32 ·
I am in a bad, bad way because Nardil was discontinued. I had no choice but to go cold turkey and then go on Parnate.

Ten years ago Nardil saved by life. It made a huge difference. Now I'm back constantly miserable and full of panic. Parnate isn't helping.

I have a telephone appointment with my psychiatrist tomorrow and I want to go down the import route. But I really don't know what to say to her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.