Nardil supplier in the US? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Nardil supplier in the US?

Does anyone know who or where supplies Nardil in the US?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-03-2020, 03:55 AM
S F C 0 1

Language: English
My Mood: Amused
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonl34 View Post
Does anyone know who or where supplies Nardil in the US?

I'm in the UK and you probably know that there is a shortage so have to get mine from an unlicensed supplier. The ones I have at the moment are from the US I think - Greenstone and Parke-Davis.

The ones from greenstone are generic phenelzine, and the parke-davis are nardil itself, as its a pfizer company. I haven't noticed any difference in effect between the two.

Tell 'em who the **** I am

SFC
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2020, 11:16 PM
airzonk

Nardil shortage in the US - help!

I don't have much time.

I secured a 20-day supply of brand from my HMO (Kaiser Permanente) and was shocked to discover EVERYONE seems to be out. Apparently, Kaiser has some on backorder which will be filled about a week or two after I run out, which means I need to find a community or online pharmacy with stock.

For Americans: Pfizer (Greenstone is the generic - Identical), and Lupin (formerly Gavis Pharma/Novel Labs) are the licensed suppliers of Nardil/phenelzine in the United States. As soon as I wake up tomorrow, I am calling both to find out exactly what's going on.

Internet searches have not been very productive - if anyone knows more information about this shortage, please reply here. I need this medicine, it is the ONLY thing that has ever worked for my depression. And I've tried virtually everything else. I certainly hope they are not discontinuing production. Does anyone know why there's a shortage?

Gabe

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2020, 11:24 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe Green View Post
Does anyone know why there's a shortage?
Check out r/MAOIs on reddit. Everything that's currently known about the shortage is on there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MAOIs/
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2020, 08:50 AM
S F C 0 1

UK webiste -

https://www.pharmacy.biz/nardil-15mg...ock-this-year/

SFC
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-13-2020, 05:20 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
I don't have much time.

I secured a 20-day supply of brand from my HMO (Kaiser Permanente) and was shocked to discover EVERYONE seems to be out. Apparently, Kaiser has some on backorder which will be filled about a week or two after I run out, which means I need to find a community or online pharmacy with stock.

For Americans: Pfizer (Greenstone is the generic - Identical), and Lupin (formerly Gavis Pharma/Novel Labs) are the licensed suppliers of Nardil/phenelzine in the United States. As soon as I wake up tomorrow, I am calling both to find out exactly what's going on.

Internet searches have not been very productive - if anyone knows more information about this shortage, please reply here. I need this medicine, it is the ONLY thing that has ever worked for my depression. And I've tried virtually everything else. I certainly hope they are not discontinuing production. Does anyone know why there's a shortage?

Gabe
There is a shortage probaly due to the increase demand due to pandemic I think? Pandemic can increase anxiety/depression drastically
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2020, 04:08 AM
airzonk

Nardil USA shortage - switch to Marplan? Help!

I hope someone sees this. I live in the SF bay area but will buy from anywhere within 100 miles or mail order, the entire CVS, Target, Walgreens and Kaiser systems are backordered with both generics and brand in the US. I have 16 days supply left, down to 75mg/day from 100mg/day.

Also, my doctor and I are considering that I won't be able to get more in time. I am worried because I've tried so many things that didn't work, among them:

Marplan (isocarboxazid) - 1 month at max dose (Forget what that was, 60? nothing. had trauma in my life at the time though, my Mom was diagnosed with terminal cancer around that time)

Parnate (tranylcipromine): Good for several years. Tried it during a spell a few years ago and no perceived benefit after several weeks at 100mg/day (40mg/day over the max) EMSAM (selegiline patch), oral selegiline: made me irritable and "snappy" SSRIs: Don't work or make me mixed (bipolar NOS) Burpropion: Gave me panic attacks

I am thinking of switching to Marplan , is anyone else considering doing this? How did your doctor cross titrate you?

Marplan is formulary for my insurance and apparently my HMO pharmacy can order it.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 10:04 AM
S F C 0 1

Quote:
I hope someone sees this. I live in the SF bay area but will buy from anywhere within 100 miles or mail order, the entire CVS, Target, Walgreens and Kaiser systems are backordered with both generics and brand in the US. I have 16 days supply left, down to 75mg/day from 100mg/day.

Also, my doctor and I are considering that I won't be able to get more in time. I am worried because I've tried so many things that didn't work, among them:

Marplan (isocarboxazid) - 1 month at max dose (Forget what that was, 60? nothing. had trauma in my life at the time though, my Mom was diagnosed with terminal cancer around that time)

Parnate (tranylcipromine): Good for several years. Tried it during a spell a few years ago and no perceived benefit after several weeks at 100mg/day (40mg/day over the max) EMSAM (selegiline patch), oral selegiline: made me irritable and "snappy" SSRIs: Don't work or make me mixed (bipolar NOS) Burpropion: Gave me panic attacks

I am thinking of switching to Marplan , is anyone else considering doing this? How did your doctor cross titrate you?

Marplan is formulary for my insurance and apparently my HMO pharmacy can order it.

Target Healthcare in the UK is producing phenelzine, might be worth giving them a call to see if they can send some over.

Try taking 75mg every other day as well, something may turn up in the US by then

SFC

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page