Nardil question - Social Anxiety Forum
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2016, 02:39 AM Thread Starter
666
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,110
My Mood: Relaxed

Nardil question


Should you take all the dose at once or spread it out throughout the day? If I want the effect to last 24/7 what should I do? And does it depend on how much you take? I hope this made sense thanks!
546617 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2016, 07:54 AM
SAS Member
 
zeusko87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Croatia, Europe
Gender: Male
Age: 31
Posts: 547
My Mood: Bored
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurdishFella View Post
Should you take all the dose at once or spread it out throughout the day? If I want the effect to last 24/7 what should I do? And does it depend on how much you take? I hope this made sense thanks!
you don't have to spread it. you can take all at once if you can tolerate the side effects (sedation, tiredness, dizziness). I have tried 60 mg all at once but i was too tired. Now i take 30 mg in the morning and 30 mg afternoon.

Nardil 60 mg - depression/social anxiety
Lyrica 300 mg - GAD,
Isopropylphenidate 15 mg or 3-FPM 10 mg - ADHD

PRN: Phenibut, Mirtazapine, Pyrazolam
Suppements: L-theanine, Omega 3, ZMA, Vitamin C, Agmatine
zeusko87 is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2016, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
666
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,110
My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeusko87 View Post
you don't have to spread it. you can take all at once if you can tolerate the side effects (sedation, tiredness, dizziness). I have tried 60 mg all at once but i was too tired. Now i take 30 mg in the morning and 30 mg afternoon.
awesome... because I saw that the half life is 11 hours and I thought it would stop working after that... So im assuming as long as you take your dose once a day say mine is 90 mg the effect will last forever.
546617 is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2016, 10:10 AM
SAS Member
 
zeusko87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Croatia, Europe
Gender: Male
Age: 31
Posts: 547
My Mood: Bored
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurdishFella View Post
awesome... because I saw that the half life is 11 hours and I thought it would stop working after that... So im assuming as long as you take your dose once a day say mine is 90 mg the effect will last forever.
yeah, you can take it once daily.
what is your starting dose?

Nardil 60 mg - depression/social anxiety
Lyrica 300 mg - GAD,
Isopropylphenidate 15 mg or 3-FPM 10 mg - ADHD

PRN: Phenibut, Mirtazapine, Pyrazolam
Suppements: L-theanine, Omega 3, ZMA, Vitamin C, Agmatine
zeusko87 is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2016, 06:08 PM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Milwaukee, WI (BDSM sadist, Libertarian)
Gender: Male
Age: 46
Posts: 38,433
I take 3 pills upon waking, and 3 pills later in the day.

I honestly don't know if this matters or not; it's just the way I do it.

When I was on 12 pills of Parnate daily, I divided it into 4 doses of 3 pills each. I did this because Parnate would raise my BP is I took it all at once.

As for Nardil, I have no idea what the optimal dosing schedule is, though I tend to suspect it doesn't matter.
UltraShy is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2016, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
666
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,110
My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeusko87 View Post
yeah, you can take it once daily.
what is your starting dose?
honestly I have no idea yet I have to wait until monday because thats when I meet my doc. Just wanted to know this in advance.
546617 is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
666
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,110
My Mood: Relaxed
Just read this on Wikipedia

''Unlike most other drugs, phenelzine irreversibly disables MAO, and as a result, it does not necessarily need to be present in the blood at all times for its effects to be sustained. Because of this, upon phenelzine treatment being ceased, its effects typically do not actually wear off until the body replenishes its enzyme stores, a process which can take as long as 23 weeks.''

Awesome!!
546617 is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 04:08 AM Thread Starter
666
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,110
My Mood: Relaxed
My doc said there is No Nardil where I live (Sweden).. But I have seen some people here take Nardil and they live here. Hm..............
546617 is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 05:13 AM
SAS Member
 
zeusko87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Croatia, Europe
Gender: Male
Age: 31
Posts: 547
My Mood: Bored
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurdishFella View Post
My doc said there is No Nardil where I live (Sweden).. But I have seen some people here take Nardil and they live here. Hm..............
you can order nardil from the uk but you need a prescription from your doctor. it must be written in english

Nardil 60 mg - depression/social anxiety
Lyrica 300 mg - GAD,
Isopropylphenidate 15 mg or 3-FPM 10 mg - ADHD

PRN: Phenibut, Mirtazapine, Pyrazolam
Suppements: L-theanine, Omega 3, ZMA, Vitamin C, Agmatine
zeusko87 is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 05:17 AM Thread Starter
666
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,110
My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeusko87 View Post
you can order nardil from the uk but you need a prescription from your doctor. it must be written in english
I have to order from a website? Which website can I trust to order from?? Im guessing you said UK because its the closest and they have nardil there? Also does it matter where i buy it from? all Nardil is the same right? as in effectivness against SA
546617 is offline  
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 08:30 AM
SAS Member
 
zeusko87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Croatia, Europe
Gender: Male
Age: 31
Posts: 547
My Mood: Bored
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurdishFella View Post
I have to order from a website? Which website can I trust to order from?? Im guessing you said UK because its the closest and they have nardil there? Also does it matter where i buy it from? all Nardil is the same right? as in effectivness against SA
you can order from chemistdirect.co.uk

Nardil 60 mg - depression/social anxiety
Lyrica 300 mg - GAD,
Isopropylphenidate 15 mg or 3-FPM 10 mg - ADHD

PRN: Phenibut, Mirtazapine, Pyrazolam
Suppements: L-theanine, Omega 3, ZMA, Vitamin C, Agmatine
zeusko87 is offline  
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 06:39 PM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Milwaukee, WI (BDSM sadist, Libertarian)
Gender: Male
Age: 46
Posts: 38,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeusko87 View Post
you can order from chemistdirect.co.uk
I'm surprised the price is so reasonable, coming out to about $70 USD for 90 mg/day for a month (which is what I take).

I pay only $10 per month, and I don't even actually pay that due to coupons that effectively pay me to take Nardil.

It's truly ridiculous that there are nations, like Sweden, that don't have Nardil when MAOIs beat all the new crap that Big Pharma throws at us.
UltraShy is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nardil; comprehensive anecdotal experiences and interesting information. ChopSuey Medication 17 03-22-2016 02:53 PM
update on Nardil! back from long absence, talk about long-term effects of Nardil, etc hworth Medication 6 12-20-2015 06:24 AM
I'm back! Nardil update! sadness Medication 7 11-30-2015 01:27 PM
Nardil dose question MorsPrincipiumEst Medication 4 11-24-2015 12:16 PM
dumb pharmacology question. What do Parnate and Nardil have in common? Jawi96 Medication 3 10-26-2015 01:34 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome