Nardil (phenelzine) global shortage - USA - what's up? - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-04-2020, 09:35 AM
SAS Member
 
jtd1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Australia
Gender: Male
Age: 46
Posts: 506
My Mood: Bored
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'avjo View Post
lol

But being serious now mate, you reckon this Target mob might be willing to deal with me all the way out here in Oz?

Just have to get on to them and ask the question I guess. I was hoping your crystal ball might tell me lol

It's looking like I'll be able to get my hands on a few more bottles of that Lupin stuff from the US, but after that I don't know
jtd1974 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-04-2020, 09:48 AM
S F C 0 1
 
D'avjo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Straight outta not giving a ****sville
Language: English
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,369
My Mood: Amused
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtd1974 View Post
But being serious now mate, you reckon this Target mob might be willing to deal with me all the way out here in Oz?

Just have to get on to them and ask the question I guess. I was hoping your crystal ball might tell me lol

It's looking like I'll be able to get my hands on a few more bottles of that Lupin stuff from the US, but after that I don't know

My crystal ball says......maybe, maybe not !!


I wouldnt know mate but they seemed very helpful and friendly on the phone, even though they were scottish.

**** your feelings !!


SFC
D'avjo is offline  
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-05-2020, 02:44 AM
SAS Member
 
jtd1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Australia
Gender: Male
Age: 46
Posts: 506
My Mood: Bored
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'avjo View Post
My crystal ball says......maybe, maybe not !!

I wouldnt know mate but they seemed very helpful and friendly on the phone, even though they were scottish.

WTF mate, Dave's famous crystal balls have failed me?

I actually remember phoning a drug supplier in Scotland late last year or early this year when all this s**t hit the fan. I worked my way through the list of importers on the official UK shortage announcement.

As I recall they were indeed good to deal with. The guy said something about emailing them my psychiatrist's details and they'd liaise with him.

I duly sent the details ... but that was the last I heard lol

I'll get in touch with them again; in light of recent developments, they might be in a better position to help.

I'll say they came highly recommended by Dave from the SAS forum haha
jtd1974 is offline  
 
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-05-2020, 03:13 AM
S F C 0 1
 
D'avjo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Straight outta not giving a ****sville
Language: English
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,369
My Mood: Amused
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtd1974 View Post
WTF mate, Dave's famous crystal balls have failed me?

I actually remember phoning a drug supplier in Scotland late last year or early this year when all this s**t hit the fan. I worked my way through the list of importers on the official UK shortage announcement.

As I recall they were indeed good to deal with. The guy said something about emailing them my psychiatrist's details and they'd liaise with him.

I duly sent the details ... but that was the last I heard lol

I'll get in touch with them again; in light of recent developments, they might be in a better position to help.

I'll say they came highly recommended by Dave from the SAS forum haha

I just cant bend down to see the crystal balls clearly these days, i need an assistant, doesnt mean you tho btw ha


Yeah just tell them I recommended but dont use Dave, they probably know me better as "that english **** who keeps calling"

**** your feelings !!


SFC
D'avjo is offline  
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-31-2020, 10:16 AM
S F C 0 1
 
D'avjo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Straight outta not giving a ****sville
Language: English
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,369
My Mood: Amused
****ing prescription person at my local surgery said today that I would have to come off nardil because there are only capsules available right now, and apparently their system cant generate a script with that, so they would have to do manually.



Of course, there is no way they want or are able to do a manual one once a month, so I will have to come off, get re-referrred (wait for months for NHS pdoc or pay 300 quid for private) to a pdoc and see if he can put me back on nardil capsules lol !!


Told her to go thru what she said in her own time to realise how ****ing stupid that sounds.


Now have to make an appointment with the doc to sort that **** out, which I ****ing will.


Since the nardil shortage, the doctors surgery have tried everything from lying and ignoring me to making ridiculously pathetic excuses to ensure that getting my nardil is as difficult as possible, even though it was sat there just waiting for a simple ****ing script to be picked up.



Anyone know who to complain to ?

**** your feelings !!


SFC
D'avjo is offline  
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-31-2020, 08:56 PM
SAS Member
 
jtd1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Australia
Gender: Male
Age: 46
Posts: 506
My Mood: Bored
F*** that mate, sounds ridiculous. These people think it's so simple to withdraw or switch meds, like changing your underwear or something ... ba*****s!

This kind of attitude/misinformation by lazy health "professionals" really winds me up. It just compounds the Nardil situation.

Doctors stop prescribing Nardil (if they actually would in the first place) and people stop taking it and change to other meds .... which all makes demand drop even further, playing into the hands of big pharma and making it all the more unlikely that Nardil will survive.

Sorry, rant mode over ... I don't know who you can complain to in the UK mate. But keep fighting, don't give in!!

Here in Oz it seems our best bet is Lupin. They're apparently still making generic phenelzine for the US market and are trying to arrange to supply us too.

Lupin have an Oz subsidiary, Generic Health. I'm not sure if they have a UK presence, could be worth investigating.

Failing that, maybe you could find a direct source in the US. WEP Clinical have been saying early August for more stock.

Good luck bro.
jtd1974 is offline  
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 05:57 PM
S F C 0 1
 
D'avjo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Straight outta not giving a ****sville
Language: English
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,369
My Mood: Amused
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtd1974 View Post
F*** that mate, sounds ridiculous. These people think it's so simple to withdraw or switch meds, like changing your underwear or something ... ba*****s!

This kind of attitude/misinformation by lazy health "professionals" really winds me up. It just compounds the Nardil situation.

Doctors stop prescribing Nardil (if they actually would in the first place) and people stop taking it and change to other meds .... which all makes demand drop even further, playing into the hands of big pharma and making it all the more unlikely that Nardil will survive.

Sorry, rant mode over ... I don't know who you can complain to in the UK mate. But keep fighting, don't give in!!

Here in Oz it seems our best bet is Lupin. They're apparently still making generic phenelzine for the US market and are trying to arrange to supply us too.

Lupin have an Oz subsidiary, Generic Health. I'm not sure if they have a UK presence, could be worth investigating.

Failing that, maybe you could find a direct source in the US. WEP Clinical have been saying early August for more stock.

Good luck bro.

Thanks mate, but they aint getting me off nardil over a word on a script, no way.

**** your feelings !!


SFC
D'avjo is offline  
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 11:14 PM
SAS Member
 
jtd1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Australia
Gender: Male
Age: 46
Posts: 506
My Mood: Bored
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'avjo View Post
Thanks mate, but they aint getting me off nardil over a word on a script, no way.
I hear you brother. I feel the same. I have no intention of coming off Nardil, not without a fight anyway. I'm a stubborn b*****d like that lol
jtd1974 is offline  
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 11:29 PM
S F C 0 1
 
D'avjo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Straight outta not giving a ****sville
Language: English
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,369
My Mood: Amused
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtd1974 View Post
I'm a stubborn b*****d like that lol

ha yeah we all know what are you like mate, I wouldnt say stubborn tho ha


I wrote an email to them, half complaining, half begging, and errr another half with a subtle threatening hint.


I cant quite believe what they said, "we cant put the word capsule on the script ha" !! they managed to put special order and other ****e on them before since they went electronic.


I'll be there everyday dressed as a big red pill with a banner saying "useless ****s" if they take it off me.

**** your feelings !!


SFC
D'avjo is offline  
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-02-2020, 03:10 AM
SAS Member
 
jtd1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Australia
Gender: Male
Age: 46
Posts: 506
My Mood: Bored
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'avjo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtd1974 View Post
I'm a stubborn b*****d like that lol

ha yeah we all know what are you like mate, I wouldnt say stubborn tho ha


I wrote an email to them, half complaining, half begging, and errr another half with a subtle threatening hint.


I cant quite believe what they said, "we cant put the word capsule on the script ha" !! they managed to put special order and other ****e on them before since they went electronic.


I'll be there everyday dressed as a big red pill with a banner saying "useless ****s" if they take it off me.
Haha so not stubborn, just a b*****d eh 🤣

It does seems rather stupid, so much hassle over one word. These people ... they can't deviate one millimetre from their set procedures or the world will explode

I'd pay to see you in that pill suit though lol
jtd1974 is offline  
post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-02-2020, 03:26 AM
S F C 0 1
 
D'avjo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Straight outta not giving a ****sville
Language: English
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,369
My Mood: Amused
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtd1974 View Post
Haha so not stubborn, just a b*****d eh 🤣

It does seems rather stupid, so much hassle over one word. These people ... they can't deviate one millimetre from their set procedures or the world will explode

I'd pay to see you in that pill suit though lol

Ha no, you seem almost as cool as me mate lol.


Yeah that cant be right re capsules as it sounds pathetic eh. Seeing the doc in a couple weeks to sort out, so I'm sure she'll be ok.



I dont actually need the script as I managed to get nearly 800 tablets in the past few months ha but just wanted to get the process kicked off and level up on my stash!!


Ha re the suit, I probably would do it as well lol so send me over the cash and I can start up the "charity" funding right now.

**** your feelings !!


SFC
D'avjo is offline  
post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-02-2020, 07:02 AM
SAS Member
 
jtd1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Australia
Gender: Male
Age: 46
Posts: 506
My Mood: Bored
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'avjo View Post
Ha no, you seem almost as cool as me mate lol.

Yeah that cant be right re capsules as it sounds pathetic eh. Seeing the doc in a couple weeks to sort out, so I'm sure she'll be ok.

I dont actually need the script as I managed to get nearly 800 tablets in the past few months ha but just wanted to get the process kicked off and level up on my stash!!

Ha re the suit, I probably would do it as well lol so send me over the cash and I can start up the "charity" funding right now.
Haha I'd chuck some coin your way ... you'd have to provide a photo of yourself in the suit though lol

You're better placed than me ... just. I've got a bit over 700 tablets.

I dropped down to 75mg for a while, and now at four-and-a-half a day, 67.5mg, to stretch it out more. It's been OK, not a lot of difference from 90 to be honest. Maybe a bit less heavy and sedating. That half pill makes all the difference, though ... 60mg had me anxious as f***.

But I'm the same as you - I like to replenish the old stash as often as I can. It ain't cheap here at the moment, unfortunately.
jtd1974 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome