Nardil making me feel awful - Page 122 - Social Anxiety Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2421 of 2438 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 01:16 AM
SAS Member
 
CaptainPeanuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1bzz View Post
Hey, yeah thats what be a bit different too as i used to take 7 pills first thing in the morning and now i wait until four hours have passed before taking second dose.
It's the Pfizer one i've got, it's orange with no outer shell.

I think for mr you know what to work again I would need to drop to 30mg. I'm really tempted to go up to 60 mg now just to see what that feels like. Nardil just feels like its working better for me now than it ever has. Could be my body just accepting it now or cos it's better from pfizer. who knows.

Oh, I have funny days too, like the last few days i have woke with a banging headache and feeling like i can't be bothered to do anything.
Really hate this feeling extremely horny and not being able to do anything about it, especially when all I am thinking about is tits and *****
Yeah its hard to deal with but its a sacrafice you gotta make. 90mg's is the highest you can go and has great benefits to go with it, but some hard side effects to suffer with too. I stopped taking nardil because of the food restrictions and I mostly feel OK around people now and feel I've mostly overcome my SA. I don't take any medication at all now. For some reason Nardil didn't work for me so that's another reason I stoped taking it. I am taking Paliperidone and I am stuck on it, doctor wont let me stop taking it.
CaptainPeanuts is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2422 of 2438 (permalink) Old 02-06-2020, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
Drugs are bad M'kay
 
V1bzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPeanuts View Post
Yeah its hard to deal with but its a sacrafice you gotta make. 90mg's is the highest you can go and has great benefits to go with it, but some hard side effects to suffer with too. I stopped taking nardil because of the food restrictions and I mostly feel OK around people now and feel I've mostly overcome my SA. I don't take any medication at all now. For some reason Nardil didn't work for me so that's another reason I stoped taking it. I am taking Paliperidone and I am stuck on it, doctor wont let me stop taking it.
Yeah, I've been on 90 mg before, Felt really really positive even though it was shortly after a mental breakdown and I was living on the streets. I think you can't just give up on Nardil. It's been 3 years I've been on it and every time I have stopped to give my body a rest or try something else it seems to just work a little bit better. I'm treatment resistant so I guess I'm starting to win this battle because I refuse to give up on Nardil.

New stack....Phenelzine/Clonazepam/Pregabalin - Effective combo
V1bzz is offline  
post #2423 of 2438 (permalink) Old 02-08-2020, 06:25 AM
S F C 0 1
 
D'avjo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Straight outta not giving a ****sville
Language: English
Gender: Male
Posts: 578
My Mood: Amused
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1bzz View Post
Yeah, I've been on 90 mg before, Felt really really positive even though it was shortly after a mental breakdown and I was living on the streets. I think you can't just give up on Nardil. It's been 3 years I've been on it and every time I have stopped to give my body a rest or try something else it seems to just work a little bit better. I'm treatment resistant so I guess I'm starting to win this battle because I refuse to give up on Nardil.

You good fella? Getting your nardil refills alright?

Like a fine wine, our ****s must age into a fine vintage, only uncorked and given on the most special ****ing occasions

Southampton FC
D'avjo is online now  
 
post #2424 of 2438 (permalink) Old 02-10-2020, 02:58 AM
SAS Member
 
CaptainPeanuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1bzz View Post
Yeah, I've been on 90 mg before, Felt really really positive even though it was shortly after a mental breakdown and I was living on the streets. I think you can't just give up on Nardil. It's been 3 years I've been on it and every time I have stopped to give my body a rest or try something else it seems to just work a little bit better. I'm treatment resistant so I guess I'm starting to win this battle because I refuse to give up on Nardil.
The doctor I have is arrogant. I am stuck on taking paliperidone by injection and he wont let me off the drug. I think this drug is what made Nardil not work at all, mixing drugs is not a good idea. Changing doctors is impossible, I'm stuck with this *******.

Glad to hear that you think Nardil is great. I won't give up, but for now I just can't change doctors.
CaptainPeanuts is offline  
post #2425 of 2438 (permalink) Old 02-11-2020, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
Drugs are bad M'kay
 
V1bzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'avjo View Post
You good fella? Getting your nardil refills alright?
Hey mate, yeah everything's all sorted now and have no trouble getting meds. They get them from Pfizer and take about a week to arrive.

I'm getting the SGB (stellate ganglion block) done at the end of March, the things I've read about it from people that have had it done and studies and it's looking like it will completely change my life. It resets the brain to pre-trauma state killing off the new brain cells that grew that makes you feel anxious, depressed, paranoid etc etc....Kinda poo'ing my pants and really nervous but that's because I can't remember what it feels like to 'feel normal'

New stack....Phenelzine/Clonazepam/Pregabalin - Effective combo
V1bzz is offline  
post #2426 of 2438 (permalink) Old 02-11-2020, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Drugs are bad M'kay
 
V1bzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPeanuts View Post
The doctor I have is arrogant. I am stuck on taking paliperidone by injection and he wont let me off the drug. I think this drug is what made Nardil not work at all, mixing drugs is not a good idea. Changing doctors is impossible, I'm stuck with this *******.

Glad to hear that you think Nardil is great. I won't give up, but for now I just can't change doctors.
I'm studying at the moment and getting good qualifications in mental health and I can tell you for a fact that what he is doing is against the law, all over the world. He cannot force you to take something you don't want to take. Tell him that you want to go back on Nardil and stop taking Paliperidone or you will prosecute him for breaking the...

Mental health act 1983 (amended 2007)
- You are legally allowed to make your own decision unless sectioned.

The mental capacity act - This means you can make your own decisions about what treatment you have and a health professional has to support your wishes.

The Equality Act 2010 - You are protected by law because of your disability and a local authority (Doctor, hospital etc) can not discriminate against you and should listen to your wishes or concerns and should encourage equality.

Human Rights Act 1998 - Basically means it's your life and you can make your own decisions about it.

Mental Capacity Act (MCA) 2005 - Everyone will be assumed to have capacity to make decisions about their health and treatment unless an assessment has concluded that this is not the case.

You should contact either your health ombudsman or write see if your doctor surgery has a website and write a complaint because what your doctor is doing is seriously illegal!
Also, you have the right to change doctors when you bloody want and as many times as you want if they are not giving you the help you need.
Tell the idiot you want a referral to see a Psychiatrist because you aren't getting the help that you need.

New stack....Phenelzine/Clonazepam/Pregabalin - Effective combo
V1bzz is offline  
post #2427 of 2438 (permalink) Old 02-11-2020, 11:09 AM
SAS Member
 
CaptainPeanuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1bzz View Post
I'm studying at the moment and getting good qualifications in mental health and I can tell you for a fact that what he is doing is against the law, all over the world. He cannot force you to take something you don't want to take. Tell him that you want to go back on Nardil and stop taking Paliperidone or you will prosecute him for breaking the...

Mental health act 1983 (amended 2007)
- You are legally allowed to make your own decision unless sectioned.

The mental capacity act - This means you can make your own decisions about what treatment you have and a health professional has to support your wishes.

The Equality Act 2010 - You are protected by law because of your disability and a local authority (Doctor, hospital etc) can not discriminate against you and should listen to your wishes or concerns and should encourage equality.

Human Rights Act 1998 - Basically means it's your life and you can make your own decisions about it.

Mental Capacity Act (MCA) 2005 - Everyone will be assumed to have capacity to make decisions about their health and treatment unless an assessment has concluded that this is not the case.

You should contact either your health ombudsman or write see if your doctor surgery has a website and write a complaint because what your doctor is doing is seriously illegal!
Also, you have the right to change doctors when you bloody want and as many times as you want if they are not giving you the help you need.
Tell the idiot you want a referral to see a Psychiatrist because you aren't getting the help that you need.
That's good to know, i didnt know my rights to begin with. Thanks man
CaptainPeanuts is offline  
post #2428 of 2438 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 06:18 AM
S F C 0 1
 
D'avjo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Straight outta not giving a ****sville
Language: English
Gender: Male
Posts: 578
My Mood: Amused
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1bzz View Post
Hey mate, yeah everything's all sorted now and have no trouble getting meds. They get them from Pfizer and take about a week to arrive.

I'm getting the SGB (stellate ganglion block) done at the end of March, the things I've read about it from people that have had it done and studies and it's looking like it will completely change my life. It resets the brain to pre-trauma state killing off the new brain cells that grew that makes you feel anxious, depressed, paranoid etc etc....Kinda poo'ing my pants and really nervous but that's because I can't remember what it feels like to 'feel normal'

Thats good mate, you gotta pay for it or nhs stumping up ?

Like a fine wine, our ****s must age into a fine vintage, only uncorked and given on the most special ****ing occasions

Southampton FC
D'avjo is online now  
post #2429 of 2438 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Drugs are bad M'kay
 
V1bzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPeanuts View Post
That's good to know, i didnt know my rights to begin with. Thanks man
No problem, it's these idiot doctors that made me want to learn the stuff im studying. I got pissed off with them doing whatever the fluck they feel like doing.

At the moment my doctor won't give me any more than 45mg Nardil, i said, look, it ain't my fault they ran out in the UK. my psychiatrist said I need to be on 75 mg.

Put in my prescription and they still only prescribed me 45 a day.
I could blow my lid and sort them out but i'm thinking, whats the point, im getting an op in 4 or 5 weeks. If it doesnt work then i will kick the fluck off big time.

They are not allowed to do whatever the fluck they want, their job is to support you. not tell you what you are doing. ****ing scum bags.

I get a bit angry at this **** because I've had to fight sooooo many battles to get my meds given to me. it is ridiculous.

You just have to know your rights and slam dunk it down their idiot throats.
Doctors are not mental health professionals!!

New stack....Phenelzine/Clonazepam/Pregabalin - Effective combo
V1bzz is offline  
post #2430 of 2438 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Drugs are bad M'kay
 
V1bzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'avjo View Post
Thats good mate, you gotta pay for it or nhs stumping up ?
Na I ain't paying sh11t mate. NHS is paying.

I will have the qualifications soon to go in and TELL me doctor, oi dickhead, I need to be on this dose. I'm the qualified mental health professional, you are a GP..the cop-out doctor cos your **** and probably barely scraped through your training and could only become a gp. loser!

New stack....Phenelzine/Clonazepam/Pregabalin - Effective combo
V1bzz is offline  
post #2431 of 2438 (permalink) Old 02-18-2020, 12:26 PM
SAS Member
 
WillComp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 225
My Mood: Fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1bzz View Post
No problem, it's these idiot doctors that made me want to learn the stuff im studying. I got pissed off with them doing whatever the fluck they feel like doing.

At the moment my doctor won't give me any more than 45mg Nardil, i said, look, it ain't my fault they ran out in the UK. my psychiatrist said I need to be on 75 mg.

Put in my prescription and they still only prescribed me 45 a day.
I could blow my lid and sort them out but i'm thinking, whats the point, im getting an op in 4 or 5 weeks. If it doesnt work then i will kick the fluck off big time.

They are not allowed to do whatever the fluck they want, their job is to support you. not tell you what you are doing. ****ing scum bags.

I get a bit angry at this **** because I've had to fight sooooo many battles to get my meds given to me. it is ridiculous.

You just have to know your rights and slam dunk it down their idiot throats.
Doctors are not mental health professionals!!

I've never heard of that operation, stellate ganglion block. You'll have to keep us updated on how it went. If it works for you, I might give it a try too.


I'm back at work and kind of struggling again. I'm on 45mg at the moment.. been at 45 for 3 months. I'm beginning to gain weight (182 lb or 13 stone) so I think that's why it's not working. When I was down at 170 lb, I felt great. Nardil at 45 was actually working. I'm finding it so hard to lose weight. How do you guys do it?


I just had a meeting at work, I wasn't called on, but all that anxiety I felt during the meeting triggered some serious SA. Now I'm feeling like crap. I can't go on like this, it sucks. I can't concentrate anymore, this sh** is seriously debilitating. Plus I've been through a lot in the last 3 months. I was sure I was about to die from cancer. Fortunately it was cured during surgery, but all I went through sort of f'd me up mentally.


I need a job mowing grass on a giant farm, alone on a riding lawnmower with my earbuds on. I feel I deserve some stress-free years ahead. This definitely isn't easy.
WillComp is offline  
post #2432 of 2438 (permalink) Old 03-11-2020, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Drugs are bad M'kay
 
V1bzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,380
Of course, I will keep everyone updated. Mate you gotta just try and keep your chin up. You have had a scare that even a person without mental illness would struggle with. I still feel paranoid and anxious, my legs hurt like ffuuck and now have a big *** lump on the back of my leg as well as really bad water retention (I can push my finger in about an inch and there's a hole when I lift my finger which stays there for ages.

Mate, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get rid of the horrible Nardil fat belly, I work out every week, do ab rolls and my stomach is still flubby, it really p11sses me off big time.

It may take 2 or 3 injections before I get full relief from the SGB but for some people, 1 injection is enough. To be honest I will be over the moon with it just allowing me to go out and not feel like an ugly trembling paranoid piece of sh111it.

My op is 2 weeks today on the 25th/03/2020, I'm nervous as hell lol...I will check in here a couple of days hopefully with some fantastic news to give you all!

New stack....Phenelzine/Clonazepam/Pregabalin - Effective combo
V1bzz is offline  
post #2433 of 2438 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 10:45 PM
S F C 0 1
 
D'avjo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Straight outta not giving a ****sville
Language: English
Gender: Male
Posts: 578
My Mood: Amused
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1bzz View Post
Of course, I will keep everyone updated. Mate you gotta just try and keep your chin up. You have had a scare that even a person without mental illness would struggle with. I still feel paranoid and anxious, my legs hurt like ffuuck and now have a big *** lump on the back of my leg as well as really bad water retention (I can push my finger in about an inch and there's a hole when I lift my finger which stays there for ages.

Mate, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get rid of the horrible Nardil fat belly, I work out every week, do ab rolls and my stomach is still flubby, it really p11sses me off big time.

It may take 2 or 3 injections before I get full relief from the SGB but for some people, 1 injection is enough. To be honest I will be over the moon with it just allowing me to go out and not feel like an ugly trembling paranoid piece of sh111it.

My op is 2 weeks today on the 25th/03/2020, I'm nervous as hell lol...I will check in here a couple of days hopefully with some fantastic news to give you all!

Good luck with it mate, and yeah, hoping to hear fantastic news from you

Like a fine wine, our ****s must age into a fine vintage, only uncorked and given on the most special ****ing occasions

Southampton FC
D'avjo is online now  
post #2434 of 2438 (permalink) Old 03-13-2020, 11:02 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1bzz View Post
Of course, I will keep everyone updated. Mate you gotta just try and keep your chin up. You have had a scare that even a person without mental illness would struggle with. I still feel paranoid and anxious, my legs hurt like ffuuck and now have a big *** lump on the back of my leg as well as really bad water retention (I can push my finger in about an inch and there's a hole when I lift my finger which stays there for ages.

Mate, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get rid of the horrible Nardil fat belly, I work out every week, do ab rolls and my stomach is still flubby, it really p11sses me off big time.

It may take 2 or 3 injections before I get full relief from the SGB but for some people, 1 injection is enough. To be honest I will be over the moon with it just allowing me to go out and not feel like an ugly trembling paranoid piece of sh111it.

My op is 2 weeks today on the 25th/03/2020, I'm nervous as hell lol...I will check in here a couple of days hopefully with some fantastic news to give you all!

I never heard of that either. But good luck to you, hope it works out for you.



I'm still making progress, still seeing my psychiatrist once a week (had to miss out today because of the corona situation which is quite bad around here), still on my ssri. Happy to be staying far away from Nardil.



Lots of pressure at work at the moment, but I'm handling it okay for now. Might have to take on some night shifts, not sure that will be great for my mental health. And I wouldn't really know what to do with the Seroquel those nights. But hey, I'll decide if the problem comes up.
Tandorini is offline  
post #2435 of 2438 (permalink) Old 03-14-2020, 03:32 AM Thread Starter
Drugs are bad M'kay
 
V1bzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'avjo View Post
Good luck with it mate, and yeah, hoping to hear fantastic news from you
Cheers buddy. This op is supposed to reset your brain to pre-trauma state, like a computer reboot as they suggest.

I'm worrying because I am treatment-resistant but this is a totally different thing were talking about here.
Will pop in a couple of days after, i might be feeling ****ty for a couple of days because i won't be able to speak and do everyone's heads in lol

By the way, I came across information through one of my courses that MAOI's and anti-psychotic meds give you Parkinsons type symptoms.
I was honestly super worried about why my hands shook so much but feel a bit more at piece about it now.

New stack....Phenelzine/Clonazepam/Pregabalin - Effective combo
V1bzz is offline  
post #2436 of 2438 (permalink) Old 03-14-2020, 03:35 AM Thread Starter
Drugs are bad M'kay
 
V1bzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandorini View Post
I never heard of that either. But good luck to you, hope it works out for you.



I'm still making progress, still seeing my psychiatrist once a week (had to miss out today because of the corona situation which is quite bad around here), still on my ssri. Happy to be staying far away from Nardil.



Lots of pressure at work at the moment, but I'm handling it okay for now. Might have to take on some night shifts, not sure that will be great for my mental health. And I wouldn't really know what to do with the Seroquel those nights. But hey, I'll decide if the problem comes up.
Hey, glad to see you are doing ok. I would suggest not to mess about with your set routine too much as it does have a big impact on mental health.

To cope and control mental health problems you need to have set routines (for now)

(flipping ark at me, mr now mental health trained snob haha)

New stack....Phenelzine/Clonazepam/Pregabalin - Effective combo
V1bzz is offline  
post #2437 of 2438 (permalink) Old 03-14-2020, 04:37 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1bzz View Post
Hey, glad to see you are doing ok. I would suggest not to mess about with your set routine too much as it does have a big impact on mental health.

To cope and control mental health problems you need to have set routines (for now)

(flipping ark at me, mr now mental health trained snob haha)

I'm usually quite compliant with my routines, but being a health professional and given the corona situation in my country I might have to make some sacrifices. I don't really wanna tell too many people that "no, I can't cover that shift, it messes with my antipsychotic medication", even though I bet that would get me outta a few situations.
Tandorini is offline  
post #2438 of 2438 (permalink) Old 03-16-2020, 06:52 PM
SAS Member
 
WillComp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 225
My Mood: Fine
Good to hear from some of the regulars lately. Hope you're all handling the "social distancing" ok. LOL. I can't remember a time when I was this calm and full of relief. Of course my heart goes out to everyone who's been impacted and hope we can contain this virus sooner than later, but for me personally I desperately needed this break since I'm still recovering from cancer surgery. I get to work from home indefinitely until the coronavirus is contained. Anyone else getting to work from home, and how's that going for you?
Posted via Mobile Device
WillComp is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hypotension problem from Nardil [SOLVED] and Adderall update Captainmycaptain Medication 1 02-13-2017 09:43 AM
I think Wellbutrin might very well be the secret to unlocking the magic of Nardil Captainmycaptain Medication 3 02-02-2017 08:11 AM
How do I feel better about wasting my teen years placidxcx Frustration 21 10-21-2016 08:40 PM
Disconnected...different...anyone else feel this way? Emily111 Coping With Social Anxiety 17 07-22-2016 04:37 AM
Why do I feel this way? What should I do about it? Goldfish Coping With Social Anxiety 2 10-21-2015 12:28 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome