Nardil Log - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 03:55 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Nardil Log

Hello everyone,

For the people who are interested i will keep a log of my Nardil experience.

Day 1-2 : taking 2x15 mg a day
No effects anxiety wise. On day 2 i felt a bit more anxious then before (probably because of the dizziness)
Side effects: dizziness, a little bit restless (feeling in the stomach), and an increase in bowel movement...

So far so good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 02:35 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Day 3 on 30 mg of Nardil, still the same, no significant reduce in anxiety, i do feel kinda positive most of the time so that's good.

I have to say last night i think i did have a rare side effect. I suddenly felt scared being home alone. I never had any problems with being alone in my house, i've lived here for 1,5 years and am by myself for most of the time. I constantly felt like something or someone was in my home and i would see short images in my head of scary monsters. I could not shake the feeling by logical thinking and every sound i heard scared me. It was kind of intens i put all the lights on and was sitting against my bedroom door at one point. Eventually went to sleep and was okay but it was a very strange thing.

I'm almost sure it had something to do with the chemicals being changed since i never had this before. Anyone familiair with this?

Greek girl
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 11:53 AM
SAS Member

That's probably placebo effect. I was on nardil twice but I couldn't handle the side effects unfortunately. I didn't notice a damn thing until week 4. Then I got anorgasmia, low blood pressure and horrible sweating

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 03:59 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Day 3-5
Mixed positive feelings and side effects.

Positive effects: felt more condfident in conversations, feel like i am calm, and clear about what i want to say. It’s just a little more easy, and i actually want to be around people more. I also have anxiety when taking exams specially before starting and in the beginning of the exam. i will have to go to the toilet like 20 times+ and can’t focus at all because i constantly feel this tingling sensation (they call it ReGS) and feeling the urge to pee. This time i felt less anxious i did not get the feeling of constant having to pee there was some nervousness but i did not feel “wired” like i normally do feel (really awefull feeling).

Side effects:
-dizzyness or just a blurry feeling in my head
- headaches specially on the front of my head mixed with some fatique
- sexual side effects: harder to reach orgasm, not impossible but i feel the difference
-mood can swing a bit, i do feel a bit of a lack of motivation right now..not sure if it’s Nardil or just being human... 😛

No difficulty urinating or going for a number 2 so far. No increased hunger or feeling like i need sweets all the time, if anything i am less interested in food..

I don’t think it was a placebo effect actually because i can feel the effect of Nardil and the side effects as well specially the difference in sexual experience..

So far still going through with it
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 03:09 PM
SAS Member

There are those that don't come back to this forum because Nardil has changed them for the better. Well i dont want to discourage anyone, it is a great drug. I think for me (because im taking multiple medications) its harder to get the full effect out of it.

The weight gain for me was horrible, but only because I was in a workplace surrounded by free food. Thats why my weight spiked but losing it became even harder. There is definitely a weight gain issue with Nardil, though it may not affect everyone equally, its different for everyone.

So I'm thinking of maybe going off of this stuff (im at 90mg's) to get back to the weight I was at (170 lbs), im around 320 right now (I know, scary).

Anyways, look foward to your log Greekgirl, maybe nardil will treat you much differently than others.

I'm thinking of going on an SSRI in the future that does not have weight gain side effects, or maybe nothing until I lose it all again.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 01:58 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Day 10 .. i am on 60 Mg now. Think i am starting to feel the side effects. I feel nauseous in the morning. Feel like i have a hangover.. extremely tired and dizzy. Yesterday i had very swollen ankles.

I do feel a decrease in anxiety somewhat when i talk to people(i just don’t think so much) but i also feel emotionally blend, like i just don’t care that much anymore. I actually want to sleep, or crawl up in my cauch. I even don’t feel fully present sometimes. I feel kinda demotivated. This is a bit better when i have people around me... what do you think should i just stay at this dose for a while of go back a little to 45 and icrease slower. I am thinking i might not get any effect if i don’t go to 60 for a while.

What about dosage schedule? All thoughts are welcome..

Greetings greekgirl
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 09:45 PM
Man of Wenor

Just started Nardil for depression/SA. Felt incredibly spacey today, hoping it's something that goes away?
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 03:36 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenorman View Post
Just started Nardil for depression/SA. Felt incredibly spacey today, hoping it's something that goes away?
I think it will, how much did you start with? It is best to slowly increase the dose as it will limit the side effects. I started with just 15 mg and went up slowly. I am on 45 mg now and i experience less en less side effects (has been about 4 weeks now). I remember feeling a bit drugged in the beginning as well and sometimes very sedated. If you want to continue you have to give it some time .. how are you feeling Today?
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 03:48 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

So i have not been very consistent with this log.. i want to give an update.

I am on Nardil for about 3 weeks now. I cut back to 45 Mg because i felt too much stimulation. I experience less en less side effects as i continue. The sedation is gone.. i just feel normal now. I feel alert and do not need to sleep as much as normal to feel okay (i don’t get insomnia either).

My experience with Nardil is that it kinda blocks my physical anxiety reaction (like flushing). It also makes me less selfconsious .. i have less of a filter in my communication and i just don’t think so much when talking with people i just talk.

There are moments where i have some social anxiety thoughts but i do not get the physical reaction that normally comes with it. However i do feel that i might need to increase the dosage to 60 Mg. I almost can’t feel the working of it anymore (but maybe that’s a good thing) i just feel normal where at first i felt really social.. really enjoying communicating with other people.

To combat side effects i take probiotic supplements at night (constipation) i started taking a multi with vitamine b( vitamine b depletion), and i also am starting with digestive enzymes (bloated belly).

So far i have to say that i experienced most side effects in the first two weeks.. i feel like it is settling down a bit no. Any tips are welcome.. wil update soon again.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 10:35 AM
S F C 0 1

Language: English
My Mood: Happy
Good luck greek girl !!

The one major thing you have to remember...is that the man next to you is your brother, and you'd damn well better treat each other that way because if you don't, then we blow the whole thing, but we've got it right there.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 08:54 PM
Man of Wenor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greekgirl View Post
I think it will, how much did you start with? It is best to slowly increase the dose as it will limit the side effects. I started with just 15 mg and went up slowly. I am on 45 mg now and i experience less en less side effects (has been about 4 weeks now). I remember feeling a bit drugged in the beginning as well and sometimes very sedated. If you want to continue you have to give it some time .. how are you feeling Today?
Didn't really feel any antidepressant properties til I cranked it up to 60mg taken throughout the day. Definitely feeling less depressed but now so fatigued all dang day. Kind of a lateral move--what does it matter if I can't get up from my couch due to immense fatigue or immense depression? Hoping my body's just adapting and I should push through it.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

So.. ive been kinda conflicten lately. I want to continue the Nardil but i also feel like i’m not myself. I feel less motivated and i’m not sure if it really helps me so far.. i have felt a slight positive effect in the beginning..

right now i kinda feel sedated.. not extremly tired but like i said not motivated to do things.. and also i feel slower.. less present. Because i feel like i am less connected to the world around me i sometimes feel more socially anxious. However mostly i do not get any physical reaction.

What do you guys think i am on 45 Mg now just over 3 weeks. Up the dose? I just don’t know
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'avjo View Post
Good luck greek girl !!
This Nardil is so difficult to figure out. Some times i feel great (energized but calm.. totally myself, happy, motivated .. just myself without anxiety, enjoying being social.) and at other times i feel dreadful (drugged, demotivated, kinda not in the moment, flat, not wanting to do anything, a rushed feeling in me but toghether with sedation).

Please help me figure this out.. i don’t want to quite after just 3,5 weeks. I have been on 45 mg divided over 3 times. Today i took 22,5 grams 2x a day. And i think of taking another 15 this evening so i will be on 60. Hope that will help...
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 12:07 PM
S F C 0 1

Quote:
This Nardil is so difficult to figure out. Some times i feel great (energized but calm.. totally myself, happy, motivated .. just myself without anxiety, enjoying being social.) and at other times i feel dreadful (drugged, demotivated, kinda not in the moment, flat, not wanting to do anything, a rushed feeling in me but toghether with sedation).

Please help me figure this out.. i donít want to quite after just 3,5 weeks. I have been on 45 mg divided over 3 times. Today i took 22,5 grams 2x a day. And i think of taking another 15 this evening so i will be on 60. Hope that will help...

Greekgirl, 45mg is lowish to medium dose so definitely worth trying 60mg for a while. When I was on 45/60mg I felt good but maybe a tiny bit inconsistent, so I went up to 75mg and it was great all the time, and still is.

Its hard to say what will help as antidepressants obviously effect people differently, but it may be worth keeping some kind of diary to see if you can spot a pattern somewhere ie how many hrs you slept, what supps you took etc, that kind of thing. Just an idea.

Given how it can make you feel great, it would be a shame to quit now so maybe try the 60mg for a while.

Good luck

The one major thing you have to remember...is that the man next to you is your brother, and you'd damn well better treat each other that way because if you don't, then we blow the whole thing, but we've got it right there.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'avjo View Post
Quote:

Please help me figure this out.. i don’t want to quite after just 3,5 weeks. I have been on 45 mg divided over 3 times. Today i took 22,5 grams 2x a day. And i think of taking another 15 this evening so i will be on 60. Hope that will help...

Greekgirl, 45mg is lowish to medium dose so definitely worth trying 60mg for a while. When I was on 45/60mg I felt good but maybe a tiny bit inconsistent, so I went up to 75mg and it was great all the time, and still is.

Its hard to say what will help as antidepressants obviously effect people differently, but it may be worth keeping some kind of diary to see if you can spot a pattern somewhere ie how many hrs you slept, what supps you took etc, that kind of thing. Just an idea.

Given how it can make you feel great, it would be a shame to quit now so maybe try the 60mg for a while.

Good luck
So i raised the dose to 60 Mg for about 2 days now, been feeling really good. I think this is the dose for now. I felt energized and confident Today. I did tons of things Today i would have found difficult. I drank coffee with my stepdad (no big deal normally.. but i felt more confident in myself and in what i was expressing). I went to the vet would do that normally but i asked my neighbour to use her bike because i did not have my car..(would normally be too scared to do that). After i brought it back i stayed for an hour to chat with her. These are not things i never did before but it just felt more easy, i felt confident (not over confident though). Side effects were mild Today.. somewhat of a rushed feeling at moments, feeling my own heatbeat just feeling it not raised or anything. Hope things will go up from here.
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 12:22 PM
S F C 0 1

Quote:
So i raised the dose to 60 Mg for about 2 days now, been feeling really good. I think this is the dose for now. I felt energized and confident Today. I did tons of things Today i would have found difficult. I drank coffee with my stepdad (no big deal normally.. but i felt more confident in myself and in what i was expressing). I went to the vet would do that normally but i asked my neighbour to use her bike because i did not have my car..(would normally be too scared to do that). After i brought it back i stayed for an hour to chat with her. These are not things i never did before but it just felt more easy, i felt confident (not over confident though). Side effects were mild Today.. somewhat of a rushed feeling at moments, feeling my own heatbeat just feeling it not raised or anything. Hope things will go up from here.

Thats great GG, I hope it continues.

It would be really cool to see someone else on the forum have the success that I have had with nardil.

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 07:34 PM
Man of Wenor

Greekgirl or D'avjo, did either of yall have intense fatigue starting Nardil? I'm going through the most intense fatigue, nearly falling asleep at work, and don't know how normal this is.
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenorman View Post
Greekgirl or D'avjo, did either of yall have intense fatigue starting Nardil? I'm going through the most intense fatigue, nearly falling asleep at work, and don't know how normal this is.
I did, i would fall a sleep everywhere! Just to tyred to keep my eyes open. That has faded though, i am not fatigued at all.. if anything i need less sleep. There are more people on the forum who had it, so i think js is a normal thing.. ee if it will pass, i think i had it for the first two weeks.
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 06:52 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I might need to give up on nardil

Hello fellow SA'ers

Still on nardil 30 MG at the moment. I contacted my psych because lately I have not felt that nardil is doing me any good anymore. I don't have the positive effects I was used to but I do have side effects.

- Fatique like almost falling asleep.
-Headaches ( in front of my head, so bad I can't study
- Nauseousness
- Hypotension (just very imbalanced feeling like I will fall over)
- feeling irritated and restless
- jittery feeling inside and worse restless genital
Muscle stiffness specially my shoulders and neck

Today I just felt like I was walking around totally high (but not in a good way). Right now I am at home and all I wanne do is sleep so the day will be over.

Anxietywise I don't feel good at all because I keep getting hot flashes and am sweating all the time and I feel too stimulated.

So I am gonna give it one last try. And raise to 45 mg for a couple of weeks. My next appointment is in 2 weeks. We will evaluate in 2 weeks and decide if I will continue or taper nardil.

Nardil definitely gave me some benefits and I feel sad that I somehow messed up the effect. Or maybe I did not but it's not working like it used too.

I hope raising the dose will get me some posive effects again and if not me and nardil may have to part ways..I am getting scared of the effects to he honest (very inconsistent for me).
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 01:03 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Day 2 on 45 mg. I woke up anxious and nauseous, feeling kinda depressed. I took 1 nardil at 8:30 and went back to bed for a while to try and meditate. Around 9:45 I felt like I began to relax, the shakyness I felt left and i got this warm buzzing feeling in my body. I almost wanne go back to sleep but I love the relaxing feeling right now. Does anyone know what causes it?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page