Nardil in the UK - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Nardil in the UK

Hi there,

I'm seeking advice on how I can obtain Nardil (Phenelzine) in the UK. I've saved up some money to see a psychiatrist if that is what I need to do. I'm now at a stage where I need to find someone who can prescribe it.

I'm in my latter twenties and have been suffering with depression for more than a decade, in addition to social anxiety and OCD. I would class my depression as moderate-severe. I have no semblance of a life to speak of, and sometimes have difficulty getting out of bed (I feel paralysed and have no energy).

I feel like I am wasting my time at the GP practice. I have tried a few different SSRI medications plus Effexor, but all at low doses. In addition to this, I received no positive effects, only sides like erectile dysfunction and sweating. The best one I tried was citalopram at 20mg, as that gave me a kind of "artificial" happiness, but I'd say I was still depressed and numb. Basically it is time to bring out the big guns.

If anyone here could point me in the right direction then I would be eternally grateful. I live in the North West but I'm willing to travel anywhere in England.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 12:02 PM
Permanently Banned

I'm on 90 mg of Nardil and it is indeed an excellent choice that based on efficacy should be used vastly more than it is.

I'm in the US, so I have no clue as to how you can get it in the UK, but I wish you the best of luck in getting this highly effective med.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 01:51 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Cool
I can give you the name of my psychiatrist who prescribed me nardil on my 3rd appointment with him I think, and, at the first time of asking. This is down of the south coast of england so a bit of a trek for you. Think it costs either 120 to 180 but luckily I had medical cover at work. No guarantee he would give you it but he has one other patient on it, and put up no fight when I asked.

The effectiveness as UltraShy mentions will still be fresh in this docs mind after my experience plus the fact I`ve had no interactions, no side effects, and completely normal blood pressure in the 2+ years on nardil I was seeing him for. He has also safely prescribed me several TCAs whilst on nardil so he doesnt seem one the MAOIs are evil type. Dont see him anymore cos I feel ****ing great to be honest thanks to nardil.

PM me if you are interested.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFC01 View Post
I can give you the name of my psychiatrist who prescribed me nardil on my 3rd appointment with him I think, and, at the first time of asking. This is down of the south coast of england so a bit of a trek for you. Think it costs either 120 to 180 but luckily I had medical cover at work. No guarantee he would give you it but he has one other patient on it, and put up no fight when I asked.

The effectiveness as UltraShy mentions will still be fresh in this docs mind after my experience plus the fact I`ve had no interactions, no side effects, and completely normal blood pressure in the 2+ years on nardil I was seeing him for. He has also safely prescribed me several TCAs whilst on nardil so he doesnt seem one the MAOIs are evil type. Dont see him anymore cos I feel ****ing great to be honest thanks to nardil.

PM me if you are interested.
PM'd!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 02:27 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Cool
PM'd back :-)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page