Nardil - Page 11 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #201 of 244 (permalink) Old 01-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Phucked

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy View Post
NARDIL if it was the only med , I would sooner suffer. Side effects like you carnt imagine , an a complete life change. Forget sex an the food you love to eat, but if your sectioned why not.
Have you tried it? If so, for how long?

I have tried sh*talopram, belowpar, diazesham, noshowmazine, lorazesham, Cynica, Ineffexor, crapranolol, futileoxetine and Depascrote without success.

I am now just using CBT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 244 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 11:47 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan7 View Post
Nardil is NOT the gold standard for SA anymore.
What do you consider the current gold standard to be?
post #203 of 244 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 12:01 AM
avui, no demà

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcali View Post
reviving a dead thread only to ask a member who is temporarily banned a question...?

dx: treatment-refractory variants of panic disorder with agoraphobia and generalized anxiety disorder

rx: 900mg/pregabalin, 4mg/clonazepam, 120mg/duloxetine

post #204 of 244 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 07:06 AM
SAS Member

nardil 15 days of 45 mg

Hi, this is my 15th day. Not much difference in depression, anxiety but maybe more time needed ? Was in the "I want relief Now mindset" please advise.
post #205 of 244 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 01:20 AM
SAS Member

Lying to doctors

I am a doctor.
The advice to lie to doctors and scam doctors only makes doctors more wary and less likely to prescribe. I will certainly publish this thread to my network. Doctors generally assume that people tell them the truth. When you lie to your doctor you increase the likelihood of a bad outcome.
post #206 of 244 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 09:49 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorQ View Post
I am a doctor.
The advice to lie to doctors and scam doctors only makes doctors more wary and less likely to prescribe. I will certainly publish this thread to my network. Doctors generally assume that people tell them the truth. When you lie to your doctor you increase the likelihood of a bad outcome.

You are afraid to die, and you’re afraid to live. What a way to exist.
post #207 of 244 (permalink) Old 08-21-2014, 09:10 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zendog78 View Post
Nardil has a reputation for not causing tolerance and even when it does occur it seems like a short drug holiday will restore the effects.
There are people who have been taking it for 30 years plus and it still works unlike ssri's.
Why do you think there continues to be a market for several new antidepressants every year? Because they are they are ineffective and you develop tolerance to them.
The longest I ever had anything work was citalopram which worked great for about 5 months and then ok for about another 8 months. I also believe citalopram left me with permanent tardive dyskenesia.
I had such a hell of a time getting off it, I tried so many times and I went crazy every time I stopped, nobody told e about withdrawl...****ing doctors.
I remember when I did get off them I was walking down the street and I was thinking "man, I feel so depressed" and then I stopped and went wow, I feel depressed, I actually feel something!
Nasty nasty life numbing drugs

Nardil on the other hand, one thing I noticed is that I can not just feel emotions instead of being emotionally anesthetized, I feel more fully.
When I have felt sad, appropriately so because of a movie, sad news whatever, I feel a deeper more complete more full sadness. A healthy kind of sadness, I guess sadness minus the distress.
Exactly. GPs can throw a dart and prescribe. No knowledge necessary. Nardil (from Gavis) hands down #1.
post #208 of 244 (permalink) Old 08-22-2014, 06:55 AM
SAS Member

I've been on it for almost 4 months and I've only had mild relief from anxiety and depression. I've been back on 60 mg for about 4-5 weeks now. I tried 75 mg for like 6 weeks, but the side effects were too much. What should I do? Should I try going back up higher on the dosage or is this mild relief all I can expect from Nardil? Do I need to give 60 mg longer, go up to 75, or even try going up to 90 mg? How do you know when you've given Nardil a full legit trial and know which dose you truly need?
post #209 of 244 (permalink) Old 08-22-2014, 07:43 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwillovercomeanxiety1 View Post
I've been on it for almost 4 months and I've only had mild relief from anxiety and depression. I've been back on 60 mg for about 4-5 weeks now. I tried 75 mg for like 6 weeks, but the side effects were too much. What should I do? Should I try going back up higher on the dosage or is this mild relief all I can expect from Nardil? Do I need to give 60 mg longer, go up to 75, or even try going up to 90 mg? How do you know when you've given Nardil a full legit trial and know which dose you truly need?
I've been on a straight 60mg for about 5 weeks now and I feel a light euphoria every morning. It's definitively helped with my SA although it didn't make me fearless in social situations, just a little less scared. As far as my depression goes, it's helped tremendously. Again, I'm not Mr. Happy Go Lucky but my days are brighter and I tend to dwell a little less on negative thoughts. It didn't do much for my anxiety but I have clonazepam for that. I think I still have some more weeks to go to derive the full benefit.

Side effects so far - No insomnia, thank God, I take my full dose at 6am in the morning to help with insomnia. One time, I took my full dose at 9pm and couldn't sleep. Constipation is there but I have suppository laxatives that work great. I feel drunk most of they day but it's more of a light happy drunk. Can't explain. The biggest side effect I have that I praying will go away is sleepiness and lethargy. I have been sleeping 12 plus hours a day. All I want to do is sleep. And I'm just slow. I don't much motivation to do anything. It's like I'm content. I hope this passes. But definitely not a dealbreaker.

This is the most effective AD I've tried and I've tried all the SSRI's, you name it. After a trial on Citapram, I quit believing in AD's but since Nardil was a totally different drug I wanted to give it a shot. My current psychiatrist was a little hesitant to prescribe it but we set up a consultation and I brought paperwork to prove to her I knew what the risks where so she agreed. My old psychiatrist flat out said no and was rude about it and was acting like I was asking for heroin or something. He's a little *****, he under prescribes medication to all his patients out of fear of litigation and all he wants to do is talk during the sessions. He doesn't believe in medication to help the suffering. He wouldn't prescribe me the amount of clonazapem I needed and told me that I can deal with it even after I told him I was sufferring. I would just shut me down when I tried to talking about my suffering. I have disdain for him as he should not be a medicine doctor. He wasn't underprescribing because he cared about out well-being, it was out of his cowardly fear of litigation, he even admitted this in one our sessions. I saw him for a year and half because my SA kept me from seeing another psychiatrist. Seeing a new doctor gave me heavy anxiety. I finally made the step though and I'm glad I did. My new pdoc is more open-minded and she believes in medication which is what pdoc's are supposed to be, doctors of medicine.

Anyways, to conclude, Nardil is AMAZING so far. I can't say I'm 100% but I feel SO much better pre-nardil. Pre-nardil was living hell for me on earth.

And my advice to you, Iwilloveranxiety, unfortunately by this point, I feel you should have felt a big difference already. Everybody's different and reacts differently to different medications. I know you want it to work so badly for you but sometimes it is what it is. Although I COULD BE WRONG here. I've only been on it for 5 weeks so I can only give you my experience. If any else has long experience, help this guy out please.
post #210 of 244 (permalink) Old 08-22-2014, 08:35 AM
Down the rabbit hole

My Mood: Sad
Quote:
Tried benzo and betablockers? Otherwise maybe augment it with Nortriptyline say 50mg...

Technically you can measure the MAO-B and se how much MAO% that is inhibith, 80%+ is the goal... But normally 60-90mg will achive that...

With the higher doses comes more MAO inhibition, and GABA-T inhibition.
But if the side effects is unbarable Augment it.

Hello Darkness my old friend... I've come to talk with you again.

V1bzz:- Nardil is here to help us understand what it is to be old people

What's Dr. Stahl say?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tUE...ature=youtu.be

AvPD,Dysthymia,Depression, SP, sleepingdisorder, Agoraphobia, GAD. ADD
post #211 of 244 (permalink) Old 08-22-2014, 08:38 AM
Down the rabbit hole

You could also try to lower COMT (it works kinda like MAO) methylfolate or more 5-MTHF will do that. Id go for the Nortriptyline tough!

What's Dr. Stahl say?

post #212 of 244 (permalink) Old 08-22-2014, 10:36 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
What are your anxiety symptoms? I have zero depression on nardil because it helps my anxiety, more interest in socializing and I love talking and smiling at people.

I would say nardil eliminates a lot of physical symptoms of anxiety. Solid eye contact.

If you have anxiety that has to do with heart racing then I don't think nardil helps that much. I still have anxiety about health related stuff and my heart races at times.
post #213 of 244 (permalink) Old 08-24-2014, 08:49 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watertouch View Post
Tried benzo and betablockers? Otherwise maybe augment it with Nortriptyline say 50mg...

Technically you can measure the MAO-B and se how much MAO% that is inhibith, 80%+ is the goal... But normally 60-90mg will achive that...

With the higher doses comes more MAO inhibition, and GABA-T inhibition.
But if the side effects is unbarable Augment it.
How do you measure the percentage of MAO inhibition? Where do you go for that?

And how does a beta blocker help augment Nardil?
post #214 of 244 (permalink) Old 08-24-2014, 09:04 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry1685 View Post
What are your anxiety symptoms? I have zero depression on nardil because it helps my anxiety, more interest in socializing and I love talking and smiling at people.

I would say nardil eliminates a lot of physical symptoms of anxiety. Solid eye contact.

If you have anxiety that has to do with heart racing then I don't think nardil helps that much. I still have anxiety about health related stuff and my heart races at times.

I get anxiety about being put on the spot and having to try and figure something out in front of people. I feel slow a lot because I'm tired and have anxiety, so that gives me more anxiety. I also don't feel much motivation to go out and talk to people and do new things. There were some days on Nardil where I would feel more sociable, but that hasn't lasted.

And I just got really hurt by a girl that I was so sweet and friendly too. She has a boyfriend but was using me a shoulder to cry on about her boyfriend. Suddenly she stops talking to me because she says her bf found out and we can't talk anymore. I feel like she just used me to make her boyfriend jealous and it really hurt because she shared personal stuff with me about her having mental issues. I wanted to help her. I hooked her up with a job too and was there for her when she was sad, then she just one day won't respond and ignores all my attempts to contact her. I don't understand how some people can be so nice and sweet and then be so cold and heartless. Guess she didn't care too much for me as a friend after all I did for her. Sorry for rambling lol, but it just hurts how people can do that to you and not care about your feelings when you were there for them.
post #215 of 244 (permalink) Old 08-24-2014, 12:10 PM
bye bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcali View Post
There is no such thing. It just happens that Nardil has less of the things that introspective mental health consumers hate most about pharma meds (feeling zombified, bad withdrawal, suicidal feelings, lack of evidence of efficacy vs placebo).

Hiya friends,i'm feelin Happy,n super stupid
post #216 of 244 (permalink) Old 08-24-2014, 12:36 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by will22 View Post
There is no such thing. It just happens that Nardil has less of the things that introspective mental health consumers hate most about pharma meds (feeling zombified, bad withdrawal, suicidal feelings, lack of evidence of efficacy vs placebo).
Nonsense. Nardil is superior to ssris and placebo. I've been cured of social anxiety with nardil. Some people just don't respond to nardil. I thank god everyday for the new life I have now.
post #217 of 244 (permalink) Old 08-24-2014, 02:16 PM
You can do this!

My Mood: Cheerful
Quote:
Originally Posted by will22 View Post
Well... If it has fewer side effects and more evidence of working well, wouldn't that lend support to the notion?

But... I am not sure where the idea of a "gold standard" has come from entirely, or if it is well established or even useful. It isn't clear just what "gold standard" really means. I would say it's probably more opinion than anything.

Medication-related posts are for brainstorming purposes only. Talk to your doctor.

My meds: Parnate, Lamictal, Wellbutrin, trazodone
post #218 of 244 (permalink) Old 08-24-2014, 07:00 PM
bye bye

Quote:
Nonsense. Nardil is superior to ssris and placebo.
That is my general impression of the drug too. I'm saying from what I've read, that Nardil has less of what I put in parentheses than other meds. And this is from one of those people you mentioned for whom Nardil was a dud.

Quote:
I've been cured of social anxiety with nardil.
Careful with the use of the word, "cured". I talked like that while in the honeymoon phase of a drug, and later realized how silly it was to say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caedmon View Post
Well... If it has fewer side effects and more evidence of working well, wouldn't that lend support to the notion?
Sort of. Assuming it's the best, I'd would still prefer calling it the best available thing to drug yourself with instead of, "Gold Standard for treatment". "Gold Standard for treatment", makes me think that it's worthwhile and actually a treatment. How can it even be called a treatment if it's going to poop out in a few years? How is it a treatment if it lifts you out of the garbage tank and then after a while throws you back into it (sometime deeper than you were before)? I'd like to hear from Barry in 5-10 years time from now. Tolerance ruins the positive effects of any drug. And even the positive effects aren't usually that great. The positive effects of all the drugs I've taken felt 1-dimensional and synthetic, not making me truly happy. But hey, maybe those who get their mood actually changed by Nardil experience something more organic, I can't say...

Hiya friends,i'm feelin Happy,n super stupid
post #219 of 244 (permalink) Old 08-25-2014, 03:48 AM
Down the rabbit hole

Quote:
How do you measure the percentage of MAO inhibition? Where do you go for that?

And how does a beta blocker help augment Nardil?
You messure the value of MAO-B in Trombocyter. A bloodtest.

But it's usually not necissery the goal is to inhibith 80%+
so 60-90mg of Nardil and some 30-60 on Parnate.

What's Dr. Stahl say?

post #220 of 244 (permalink) Old 08-25-2014, 03:50 AM
SAS Member

Will has a good point. In 5-10 years who knows what the efficiency could be. I guess you could switch to parnate while tolerance to nardil resets. I guess if it happens I worry about it then. Maybe I would take a good break 3/4 months on a benzo or something and then restart. But you must think positive I guess.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page