May be back on medication soon. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: English

May be back on medication soon.

My counselor told me that a new doctor will be coming to the facility I visit and that I could start taking medication again if I wanted.

It seems that none of what I have taken in the past has really worked for me. Anyone have any suggestions of what I could ask for?

I was actually supposed to be using a generic version of Zoloft, but that never happened as I wasn't able to continue seeing my previous doctor anymore. Should I inquire about this pill?

I don't care if it's dangerous or not...I'm going to town either way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 09:33 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
If you want SA to be slightly reduced and to feel emotionally dead = CHOOSE ANY SSRI/SNRI

If you want SA to be totally gone and to feel good = NARDIL

Just my experience ...
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 11:05 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtd1974 View Post
If you want SA to be slightly reduced and to feel emotionally dead = CHOOSE ANY SSRI/SNRI

Just my experience ...
U try so hard to promote nardil, how much do they pay you? 🤣
And please stop selling lies, emotionally dead? Please just stop this is pathetic.
It may be because of your body not of the drug.
SSRI are effective just like studies show.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 11:21 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyoufeelit View Post
Quote:

Just my experience ...
U try so hard to promote nardil, how much do they pay you? 🤣
And please stop selling lies, emotionally dead? Please just stop this is pathetic.
It may be because of your body not of the drug.
SSRI are effective just like studies show.
Do you have difficulty reading?

Check my post again and note the last line ... "Just my experience ... "

BTW, are you Takenout under another name by any chance?

I see you joined 23 minutes ago ... was that just to make this post? Lol ...
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 02:10 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmDrag View Post
My counselor told me that a new doctor will be coming to the facility I visit and that I could start taking medication again if I wanted.

It seems that none of what I have taken in the past has really worked for me. Anyone have any suggestions of what I could ask for?

I was actually supposed to be using a generic version of Zoloft, but that never happened as I wasn't able to continue seeing my previous doctor anymore. Should I inquire about this pill?
Zoloft is approved for SA and it is effective, i hope it will work for you.
Keep us updated
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 11:25 AM
SAS Member

If you want something that causes horrible side effects, and wild blood pressure swings that can kill you, and is addictive, try Nardil (although most doctors will not prescribe it for those reasons).

If you want something with mild side effects, that will make you happy (Serotonin does that), try an SSRI.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 11:36 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveOReno View Post
If you want something that causes horrible side effects, and wild blood pressure swings that can kill you, and is addictive, try Nardil (although most doctors will not prescribe it for those reasons).

If you want something with mild side effects, that will make you happy (Serotonin does that), try an SSRI.
I agree!!!!
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 01:40 PM
SAS Member

Christ, what have I done, got Takenout and SteveOReno back on the Nardil rant 😞
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 01:47 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
I want drugs 😞

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 06:03 PM
SAS Member

Quote:

Yeah, sorry. I do get a little carried away sometimes.

I really should stick to the facts.

To anyone reading this, here's what you should do:

1. Try an SSRI, SNRI or similar. Serotonin is the Key to Nirvana. It will make you Happy; all traces of social anxiety and depression will be forever banished.

2. If for some reason the medication doesn't seem to be working for you (but don't worry, it surely will), remember this - SSRIs work for 100% of people, so therefore the problem Must Be With You. It Is Your Fault.

Just keep trying different SSRIs and the like, for years if need be. There are lots to work your way through, so you must be patient. Stick with it. Eventually you will respond, and Everlasting Happiness shall be yours.

2. Whatever you do, never, ever consider trying an MAOI, Nardil in particular. It is Evil.

You will probably die in agonising pain minutes after ingesting the first pill.

If by some miracle this doesn't happen, the monstrous side-effects will make your life a living hell, until Nardil does eventually kill you, as it undoubtedly will.

Until that point you will be completely addicted to this terrible medication, unable to think of anything but your Next Fix.

And always remember this: never, ever pay heed to those who say they feel better after taking Nardil and encourage you to try it.

These people are Evil. They want you to Suffer and Die a Horrible Death. Which you surely will if you take Nardil.

**LOL**
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 07:11 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, sorry. I do get a little carried away sometimes.

I really should stick to the facts.

To anyone reading this, here's what you should do:

1. Try an SSRI, SNRI or similar. Serotonin is the Key to Nirvana. It will make you Happy; all traces of social anxiety and depression will be forever banished.

2. If for some reason the medication doesn't seem to be working for you (but don't worry, it surely will), remember this - SSRIs work for 100% of people, so therefore the problem Must Be With You. It Is Your Fault.

Just keep trying different SSRIs and the like, for years if need be. There are lots to work your way through, so you must be patient. Stick with it. Eventually you will respond, and Everlasting Happiness shall be yours.

2. Whatever you do, never, ever consider trying an MAOI, Nardil in particular. It is Evil.

You will probably die in agonising pain minutes after ingesting the first pill.

If by some miracle this doesn't happen, the monstrous side-effects will make your life a living hell, until Nardil does eventually kill you, as it undoubtedly will.

Until that point you will be completely addicted to this terrible medication, unable to think of anything but your Next Fix.

And always remember this: never, ever pay heed to those who say they feel better after taking Nardil and encourage you to try it.

These people are Evil. They want you to Suffer and Die a Horrible Death. Which you surely will if you take Nardil.

**LOL**
Seriously why are you so triggered, God!!!!
You even went on writing a whole text!!
I wont answer you again
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 07:54 PM
SAS Member

Haha, you didn't like that? 😞

I thought it was quite amusing.

BTW, it was more directed at @SteveOReno ...

But I'm impressed you took the time to read 😉
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

*before clicking on thread* "Hmm, I wonder what good advice I may recieve about this."

*enters thread*

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 05:47 PM
SAS Member

Hilarious ... you nailed it.

This forum is in Nardilville, so showdowns about SSRIs are common.
Watch the netflix movie "Big Kill" to see how things work around here.

If you want some good advice - Don't take any wooden nickels.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 06:29 PM
SAS Member

Being serious now, of course I realise Nardil, and MAOIs in general, aren't for everyone.

For some, the side effects are intolerable (the severity seems to vary from person to person). For others, the restricted diet is too much of a pain to follow. And for others, Nardil simply doesn't work.

But for some, this medication can be a godsend. If you're lucky enough to respond well to it, and not cop too much in the way of side effects, or at least find them bearable, it really can be life-changing.

I guess that is what riles me about some of the posters here. To them it seems black and white; MAOIs are old, dangerous and ineffective, while SSRIs etc are effective and have minimal side effects.

I suppose with the popularity of these newer meds, they must work well for most people.

Of course it makes sense to start off with these safer drugs, with fewer side effects, before moving on to other options.

But there is still a place for other classes of drugs, including MAOIs, in cases where other medications have proven ineffective.

Don't dismiss them out of hand. That's all I'm saying.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 07:39 PM
-

If you want to ask about drugs, definitely don't expect any concrete answers on SAS...

...unless it involves weed.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Let it be known that I actually didn't have a problem with the disagreements there, they were (in my opinion) pretty civil and not malicious in nature and...kind of amusing. No worries, here...just don't want the thread to be locked.

So, it terms of either type: SSRI or MAIO - What are some of the more highly reccomended 'brands'. Other than Nardil. Parnate has been mentioned as well. I believe most, if not all of what I've taken in the past were of the SSRI persuasion. Effexor, Lexapro, and others that I can't recall the name of.

I'm off to do a bit of research, maybe read up on that documentary, as well as these major side effects.

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 10:32 PM
SAS Member

Promoting such a dangerous drug is unacceptable!!
Sick of this brainwashing
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 10:37 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Being serious now, of course I realise Nardil, and MAOIs in general, aren't for everyone.
Don't dismiss them out of hand. That's all I'm saying.
That's very logic and reasonable but you were saying something way different before.
Whenever someone enters this forum you say:"for me SSRI are completely horrible and ineffective and nardil was a miracle"
You just can't brainwash sufferers like this.
Only a doctor can prescribe, if someone is on zoloft or lexapro and they here you say this they will lose interest in treatment and get anxious.
This is not civil....
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 10:38 PM
SAS Member

Hear*

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page