Luvox - Social Anxiety Forum
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
666
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,110
My Mood: Relaxed

Luvox


has anyone tried Luvox , how did it make you feel?
546617 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 03:37 PM
Harvestor Of Sorrow
 
rockyraccoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dust In The Wind
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,732
Typical of the SSRI's. Just a bunch of side effects such as anxiety/insomnia/irritability and the worst of all was suicidal thinking.

And wet she rose from the lake, and fast and fleet went she
One half the form of a maiden fair with a jet black mare's body

And loud, long and shrill he blew til his steed was by his side
High overhead the grey hawk flew and swiftly did he ride
Saying "Course well, my brindled hound, and fetch me the jet black mare
Stoop and strike, my good grey hawk, and bring me the maiden fair"
rockyraccoon is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
666
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,110
My Mood: Relaxed
i was reading about this ssri and apparently it makes you smarter. only ssri that i know of that does that.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19702566
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20373470
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...tb03211.x/full
546617 is offline  
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 05:22 PM
SAS Member
 
cigpk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 438
My Mood: Mellow
I tried Luvox because it's supposed to be good for OCD. But then they never told me you can't drink coffee on it. Phew it was TERRIBLE. I guess the amount of caffeine in your system is amplified like crazy because of a certain enzyme that metabolizes both caffeine and Luvox. I didn't make it very long and I absolutely love coffee (both the taste and the caffeine) so I gave it up (the Luvox). May work for some people though!
cigpk is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
666
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,110
My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by cigpk View Post
I tried Luvox because it's supposed to be good for OCD. But then they never told me you can't drink coffee on it. Phew it was TERRIBLE. I guess the amount of caffeine in your system is amplified like crazy because of a certain enzyme that metabolizes both caffeine and Luvox. I didn't make it very long and I absolutely love coffee (both the taste and the caffeine) so I gave it up (the Luvox). May work for some people though!
did it to anything for your ocd?
546617 is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 05:35 PM
Harvestor Of Sorrow
 
rockyraccoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dust In The Wind
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,732
Yeah @cigpk it was prescribed to me as well for OCD, however, like all the other SSRI's, it failed to have any positive effects.

And wet she rose from the lake, and fast and fleet went she
One half the form of a maiden fair with a jet black mare's body

And loud, long and shrill he blew til his steed was by his side
High overhead the grey hawk flew and swiftly did he ride
Saying "Course well, my brindled hound, and fetch me the jet black mare
Stoop and strike, my good grey hawk, and bring me the maiden fair"
rockyraccoon is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 06:11 PM
SAS Member
 
Bre1491's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Colorado
Gender: Female
Age: 28
Posts: 106
I've been on Luvox for about 5 months. I started at 50 mg daily, at first it made me tired but that was the only side effect. I've been at 150mg now for a couple of months. The tiredness is gone. It's helped my OCD as much as Lexapro, but without any of the other side effects that I had while taking Lexapro.
Bre1491 is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 04:03 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: England
Gender: Male
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurdishFella View Post
has anyone tried Luvox , how did it make you feel?
I believe it has quite a lot of drug interactions and you will get a mega rush (not in a good way) if you take a lot of caffeine on it.

You start a lot of threads about various drugs... do you ever actually try any of them for yourself or do you just like generating discussion about meds or what?
UKguy is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 06:03 AM
Tired
 
SplendidBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: UK
Language: English
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,405
SSRI, standard **** (no useful effects) for me.

Dimethylamidophenyldimethylpyrazolone
SplendidBob is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 06:36 AM
SAS Member
 
cigpk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 438
My Mood: Mellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurdishFella View Post
did it to anything for your ocd?
Unfortunately, I did not stay on it long enough to see any benefits. Sorry dude! What are you trying to treat mainly? OCD, anxiety, depression...?

If you don't have any concerns about treating OCD, I would shy away from SSRIs as I personally have found that is what they are best for in my case. Depression and anxiety can be better treated with a TCA or something like Wellbutrin, remeron, buspar combination..

Good luck!
cigpk is offline  
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 07:31 AM Thread Starter
666
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,110
My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by cigpk View Post
Unfortunately, I did not stay on it long enough to see any benefits. Sorry dude! What are you trying to treat mainly? OCD, anxiety, depression...?

If you don't have any concerns about treating OCD, I would shy away from SSRIs as I personally have found that is what they are best for in my case. Depression and anxiety can be better treated with a TCA or something like Wellbutrin, remeron, buspar combination..

Good luck!
yes it is mainly anxiety but i also have ocd.
what tca would you suggest?
546617 is offline  
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 10:27 AM
SAS Member
 
cigpk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 438
My Mood: Mellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurdishFella View Post
yes it is mainly anxiety but i also have ocd.
what tca would you suggest?
Well as monotherapy I would say clomipramine is the best for OCD, depression, and anxiety. If you are looking to treat more anxiety I would suggest low dose SSRI + Nortryptyline or bupropion. This was effective for my depression and anxiety and helped with OCD too while minimizing the negative side effects of SSRIs.

I have also heard good things from users on amitryptyline, imipramine, desipramine, and Nortryptyline as monotherapies but I don't know how effective they are for OCD. Other users may be able to provide more insight there.

The SSRI I had most success with was lexapro in combination with wellbutrin. Paxil is another that's supposed to be great for OCD but comes with some heavy side effects I believe.
cigpk is offline  
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
666
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,110
My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by cigpk View Post
Well as monotherapy I would say clomipramine is the best for OCD, depression, and anxiety. If you are looking to treat more anxiety I would suggest low dose SSRI + Nortryptyline or bupropion. This was effective for my depression and anxiety and helped with OCD too while minimizing the negative side effects of SSRIs.

I have also heard good things from users on amitryptyline, imipramine, desipramine, and Nortryptyline as monotherapies but I don't know how effective they are for OCD. Other users may be able to provide more insight there.

The SSRI I had most success with was lexapro in combination with wellbutrin. Paxil is another that's supposed to be great for OCD but comes with some heavy side effects I believe.
im on seroquel right now im gonna get sertraline next week and I will see how this combo makes me feel.

next apointment I was thinking of asking for wellbutrin + buspirone combo. I will try clomipramine next if both these combos fail me.
546617 is offline  
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 07:57 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 852
I and many people probably shouldn't answer your questions because you're rude and display such hypocrisy, but I'll kindly reply.

Luvox is nothing special, it feels like a milder version of Prozac. It has some similarities to that of Prozac if you look at the structure but it has a very short half life like 16 to 24hrs.

Surprisingly, even with a shorter half life than Paxil it did not cause severe withdrawal symptoms. It did make my anxiety worse at times and did absolutely nothing to help my OCD.

Fluoxetine 20mg 2009-2011, (Paroxetine 20mg 2012-2014) Effexor XR short time. Viibryd 2014-2015, Back on Paxil CR 25mg, Jan-July 2015.

Suboxone 2mg Effexor XR 150mg early 2016. Now 2016-2017: Paxil 20mg, Ativan, Lyrica, Adderall, Ambien CR.
SSRIManiac is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Has anyone tried Luvox or Viibryd? cigpk Medication 8 07-04-2017 07:25 PM
Plz help. Cognitive dysfunction/poverty of thought ShinyArnautovic Health 0 04-18-2017 09:39 PM
Starting Luvox NotShyButSociallyAnxious Medication 7 12-21-2016 07:02 PM
Luvox obsessing but lethargic jmh73 Medication 2 12-11-2015 01:26 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome