lunesta? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
up an down, here we go!!

lunesta?

my pdoc just gave me a script for lunesta. i have been using seroquel, but because he is contributing my weight gain to it, he told me to stop taking it. i have tried ambien, trazadone and klonopin previously and they really didn't work.

anyone with experiences with lunesta?

Dx: BiPolar, Intractable Migraines, Social & General Anxiety, Idiopathic Seizures 7/07

Current Rx: Seroquel, Lamictal, Zanaflex

Rx: I have been on just about everything once. Anti-Depressants, Anti-Convulsants, Anti-Psychotics, Benzos, etc.

last.fm
facebook
myspace
tumblr
formspring.me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 05:51 PM
Spectacular Member

Imovane, Canada's version of Lunesta worked really well for me. The first time I tried it, I couldn't even stand up about 10 mins after taking it. It worked for about 5 months then even at 4x highest dose it would do nothing.

"It's better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared." -- Whitney Young Jr.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
up an down, here we go!!

i'm crossing my fingers that it will work. i haven't got the script filled yet due to lack of money

Dx: BiPolar, Intractable Migraines, Social & General Anxiety, Idiopathic Seizures 7/07

Rx: I have been on just about everything once. Anti-Depressants, Anti-Convulsants, Anti-Psychotics, Benzos, etc.

last.fm
facebook
myspace
tumblr
formspring.me

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
up an down, here we go!!

my pdoc was out of the office but i persuaded the pnurse to give me some samples to try before i spent money on it.

the first night (friday), i was out in about 30minutes (but i had been up since 9am on thursday and had not slept at all thursday and was a little tired, but not sleepy, so that may of had something to do with it. i'm am now on night 4 and the average is 1.5 to 2 hours before I give up and just go to bed and stare at the ceiling.

this is so frustrating. i'm glad i didn't pay for it because that would suck!

i just want something that will help me fall asleep and stay asleep. am i asking too much?

last.fm
facebook
myspace
tumblr
formspring.me
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 10:20 PM
SAS Member

Do they still prescribe barbiturates? Maybe you could try one of those, firedancer.

I've never tried Lunesta, though. Ambien CR worked quite well for me. I intend to see about getting more samples of it at my next psych appointment since it's incredibly expensive.

Rx:
Wellbutrin SR 300mg, Eskalith CR 900mg, Luvox 100mg

Things I have tried:
Lexapro, Zoloft, Celexa, Prozac, Paxil, Effexor XR, Remeron, Wellbutrin SR, Eskalith CR, Topamax, Valium, Xanax, Ativan, Ambien, Restoril, Desyrel, Ritalin, Adderall, Dexedrine, Inderal, Lopressor, Thorazine, Lamictal, Abilify, Depakote, Geodon, Seroquel, doxepin, chloral hydrate
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 08:45 AM

Remeron will put you out cold for about 12 hours if you can get your pdoc to let you try it.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
up an down, here we go!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus
Remeron will put you out cold for about 12 hours if you can get your pdoc to let you try it.
i see him back in 2 weeks. and when i tell him that the lunesta isn't working, maybe he will suggest that. he is really good about discussing meds with me and letting me make the final decision. i've heard of remeron but if it is that strong, he may be a bit resistant. but i feel like i am running out of options at this point.

i took 3mg of lunesta last night at 10:30 and at 1:30 i was still wide awake. ugh!

last.fm
facebook
myspace
tumblr
formspring.me
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 05:27 PM
Eeeeerrrrggg

First off... this is my first post, woot woot. I believe congrats are in order. Now onto the purpose of aforementioned:

I am a PTSD/Panic Disorder/Insomniac/Depressed-but in remission/FRUSTRATED person who has been utilized as a lab rat (lol) for several different cocktails of meds with very mild success rate.

My success has been with Zoloft. It is the only medication I've been on consistently for over a year that does produce some awesome results (thus the remission of depression). BUT, anxiety, insomnia, and agoraphobia are a roller coster ride that continuously breaks down.

For insomnia, I've been rx'ed seroquel (got addicted), trazadone (only made me crabby), ambien (stopped working), and currently lunesta. the lunesta worked... for a few days and then like all its predecesors lost its affect. Unfortunately, even though I do switch medications, when the new one no longer works, I still have the "leftovers" from old ones. Then my bright idea of cocktailing comes to mind. Normally it's fine and like a new med, it works for a little while.

Last night I made my first 1 dose of Lunesta and 1 dose of Ambien mixture thinking that it would be the same as Ambien and Seroquel.

I was so horribly wrong. There most certainly was an interaction... however, I don't remember it. It was not an overdose, this I know. It was most likely the short term memory loss side effect I read about but never experienced.

When I woke this morning... this is what I found on my phone:

1. "im took meds. tweeken right now... so i might be a little awkward."
2. "lol! not going lie, i like the nighttime trips. lol..."
3. "yeah, if you were here... id give you my stuff for a small experience. its badass. i need double of everything and my senses are all crazed out..."
4."there's fliers and they're handling out fliers to meet people. it could work... this show is faster than my brain, so i am not great at the making of sense."

And at the end of this unusual text message conversation, I agreed to get a tattoo of Hedwig's face.

My purpose of this post is to find out everyone's opinion...

Am I subconsciously addicted to highs? I always thought I could spot the additions and thats when I'd discontinue a medication.

Is it possible for medications of the right mixture to literally manipulate the brain/mind like my messages showed? (I promise...I do not talk like that on a normal day... nor have I EVER attempted to give anyone my medication)

Why would I have such an ..um... interesting conversation... and not retain it?

Could I have had a temporary Broca issue? Seems like it.

Needless to say, called my doc and I have a session on Monday to yet again, find a different solution to my uniqueness. I will let y'all know how it goes.

Looking forward to everyone's responses.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page