Losing Weight on Nardil - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 06:41 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Fine

Losing Weight on Nardil

I've been on Nardil for almost 3 years and have managed to maintain the same weight throughout my time on Nardil. I've wanted to lose about 15 pounds but never could, probably because everything tastes so good on Nardil, especially desserts, any type of dessert.

In the last 2 months I've gotten serious about losing weight, carefully counting caloric intake and burning fat through long walks/runs and lifting weights. Counting calories and reducing the amount every week has done wonders. My usual weight of 185 lbs has gone down to 173 now.

What I didn't realize was the dramatic impact of your weight and dosage on Nardil. All the initial symptoms, which had subsided after a year or so, have returned with a vengeance.

For the past few days, every time I get up from laying or sitting down, I'm hit with that horrendous postural hypotension, and my legs instantly don't work any more. I've fallen a couple times already, luckily in my condo when no one was around. And when I get out of my car at work, even if I stand still by my car for a minute, once I start walking through the parking lot I feel like I'm about to faint.

Today the feeling was the worst (and today my weight has been the lowest) when I got out of my car. I could barely make it to the door, and one of my coworkers, a nice looking lady, was walking behind me. I grabbed onto the door as if I drunk, reached for the keys and couldn't even feel my hands, completely numb. The keys inevitably dropped and I couldn't see them on the ground because I was starting to black out. She said something to me, I couldn't make anything out.

Fortunately, she walked the opposite way and I started up the staircase. Couldn't do it. My feet wouldn't rise to the next step and I kept missing the next step and crashing my feet loudly on the floor. Finally made it to my office, shaking like a leaf, and slumped down in my chair, my legs jerking into a seizure and violently jerking the rest of my body. This lasted about a minute and slowly subsided. Now I'm back to feeling ok.

This isn't going to stop.. unless I gain weight. But I don't want to. I look and feel so good now. Should I lower my dosage from 60mg to 45mg? That dosage never worked for me in the past. Not sure what I'm gonna do, but these episodes are getting me really depressed. Never realized how much your weight impacts the use of Nardil. And I've also noticed it's been more effective at alleviating social anxiety than any other time in the past year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Bump - I'd like to know if anyone has had success with a permanent dosage of 45mg/day.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 05:25 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
Interesting mate. I didn't know losing weight could increase Nardil's effects/side-effects like that.

You could possibly try halving a pill and going from 60mg to 52.5mg. It might be enough to alleviate some of the bad sides you're getting.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 06:53 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtd1974 View Post
Interesting mate. I didn't know losing weight could increase Nardil's effects/side-effects like that.

You could possibly try halving a pill and going from 60mg to 52.5mg. It might be enough to alleviate some of the bad sides you're getting.
I didn't realize it would increase Nardil's effects either. I'm seeing my doctor next week so I'll ask him about this. I might just wait until after the stressful holidays, then go down to 45mg. If I feel an increase in SA, I'll try 52.5mg. It would be great if I still felt Nardil's benefits on 45. Lower monthly costs and maybe.. just maybe.. higher/harder benefits as well.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 09:22 AM
SAS Member

Hi guys!!!!
That was exactly what I said in a post before!!
Losing weight or gaining can totally alter the effect of a drug!!!!!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 09:24 AM
SAS Member

Lipophilic drugs vs hydrophilic drugs. https://www.socialanxietysupport.com....php?t=2228227
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 06:16 AM
SAS Member

Be careful. I gained a **** load of weight while on Nardil, then after I stopped taking it I lost 50 pounds. I felt the dizziness at around 90mg's. If your feeling dizzy while on Nardil, talk to your doctor, thats not good at all, not safe.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page