Lexapro/Escitalopram Fatigue - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Lexapro/Escitalopram Fatigue

I am wondering if anyone else has been suffering with extreme fatigue from lexapro. I've been taking it for a few years, but I recently got fed up with the constant yawning/tiredness. (Does anyone know why yawning occurs as a side effect?) I tried taking it at night, but got reflux, so I take it in the morning. I wondering if I should try taking it at night again, or if that will make a difference in terms of decreasing fatigue? I recently tried cutting back from 10 mg to 5 mg and noticed a significant increase in my energy level. However, the 10 mg dose was more effective.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 01:15 AM
SAS Member

If Lexapro helps you at 10mg, you could ask your Doc about adding eg. 150mg Wellbutrin XL. This will give you more energy and could be a more potent AD-combo. Modafinil (Provigil) would be a good choice too.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 09:20 AM
SAS Member

I took Lexapro for the first time yesterday. It was horrible. I was exhausted, and my mind felt so foggy. I didn't even take it this morning. I am fully aware that it can take 4 weeks before the medication starts to work, but I just didn't like the feeling that I had. I don't feel that well today either...I am so drowsy, and as soon as I get home from school, I am going right to bed. I woke up in the very early morning (around 4:00 AM), which is something that I never do. That may be the reason why I am so tired.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page