Lexapro/Celexa (escitalopram) - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Lexapro/Celexa (escitalopram)

I started taking Lexapro a week ago and it is taking its time but I'm starting to feel its antidepressant and anxiolytic effects. I'm also starting to feel a bit doped and spacey sometimes and the sexual side effects are already showing up (I'm basically dead from the waist bellow).

What is your experience with Lexapro? Do these side-effects improve with time?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 07:49 AM

Hey fhoadv I have been on Lexapro a few times, and can defintely relate to the symptoms you mentioned. I found it tends to give you a bit of a 'high' to begin with, and you can feel like you are walking around in a daze, or just a bit emotionally numb...It does tend to settle down after a few weeks, though. I had alot of trouble with increased anxiety on Lex, though...Felt very breathless & shaky, so I went off it...And yes, the sexual side -effects were really bad...Like you said, dead from the waist down It didn't improve for me, but then, everyone is different, hey?

One word of caution...If you go off Lexapro, please wean carefully...I stupidly just stopped it cold turkey, and suffered bigtime, was a suicidal mess within a few days...
Hope you have more success with Lexapro
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 10:34 AM

I've taken it before. I didn't like it one bit!
It took away my sex drive and I kept yawning like 24/7!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 10:59 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris10 View Post
I've taken it before. I didn't like it one bit!
It took away my sex drive and I kept yawning like 24/7!
It can be combined ("augmented") with Wellbutrin XL to offset eg. SSRI-induced sexual dysfunction, fatigue and to improve the antidepressant response. On the other hand could a SSRI like Lexapro help with anxiety which is a possible side effect of Wellbutrin XL.

Disclaimer: The user "Medline" is not a medical professional and does not provide medical advice. All information provided by "Medline" is based on his own research and/or personal experiences and should not be considered professional medical advice. All information provided by "Medline" is intended to be for informational purposes only. "Medline" assumes no liability and/or responsibility for the actions of individuals using any information provided.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page