L-Theanine as a supplement for anxiety - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-26-2019, 02:47 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sad
For those who use it for social anxiety, what dosage did you take? and how fast did it work? hours? days? months?

https://www.health.com/condition/anx...ns-for-anxiety
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-26-2019, 03:01 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinmd View Post
Anyone try L-Theanine as a supplement for anxiety. It is supposed to be effective to reduce anxiety. Have any luck or experience with it?

It's worth looking into. The reviews on Amazon and other websites say that it has helped many people with anxiety. Others say it hasn't . Everyone reacts different. Let us know if you do..

https://www.drugs.com/comments/l-theanine/

L-Theanine

L-Theanine is one of the main amino acids in green tea. It is often used for relaxation and has proven anti-stress effects <8>. For example, it may decrease stress in the brain and body by reducing the arousal of cortisone and slowing down heart rate.<9>
L-Theanine is also known to activate Alpha waves in the brain, supporting broad-spectrum effects all tied to relaxation and mood enhancement. Studies show it can help to reduce anxiety and balance blood pressure in reaction to stressful situations.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-26-2019, 03:27 PM
Spectacular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysmurf View Post
For those who use it for social anxiety, what dosage did you take? and how fast did it work? hours? days? months?

https://www.health.com/condition/anx...ns-for-anxiety
For me it worked in less than an hour. I took it everyday for about 3 weeks before I built a near full tolerance to it.

"It's better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared." -- Whitney Young Jr.

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-26-2019, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noca View Post
For me it worked in less than an hour. I took it everyday for about 3 weeks before I built a near full tolerance to it.
So it worked for 3 weeks then stopped working? That is disappointing.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-27-2019, 08:55 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinmd View Post
So it worked for 3 weeks then stopped working? That is disappointing.

wow 3 weeks and you built tolerance so fast to it, ...but everyone reacts different ...i suppose you won't know until you try it, i read some reviews on amazon that people take it for years..
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-30-2019, 10:40 PM
Spectacular Member

Quote:
wow 3 weeks and you built tolerance so fast to it, ...but everyone reacts different ...i suppose you won't know until you try it, i read some reviews on amazon that people take it for years..
My body builds rapid and massive tolerances to all sedating drugs, no exceptions though tolerances build a different rates for different drugs, it also dissipates over time with almost all drugs, but it dissipates a lot slower than it builds. My life would be SO MUCH easier if I didn't build a tolerance to everything.

"It's better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared." -- Whitney Young Jr.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-31-2019, 03:07 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
My body builds rapid and massive tolerances to all sedating drugs, no exceptions though tolerances build a different rates for different drugs, it also dissipates over time with almost all drugs, but it dissipates a lot slower than it builds. My life would be SO MUCH easier if I didn't build a tolerance to everything.

I am really sorry to hear that. Currently science does not really know why that happens to some of people, and others not. It's the mystery, i hope they figure it out soon.

I have a friend who was in a similar situation so the only thing that saved them was CBD. Not sure if you have tried that. But maybe it's worth a try..
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-01-2020, 10:17 PM
Spectacular Member

Quote:
I am really sorry to hear that. Currently science does not really know why that happens to some of people, and others not. It's the mystery, i hope they figure it out soon.

I have a friend who was in a similar situation so the only thing that saved them was CBD. Not sure if you have tried that. But maybe it's worth a try..
Yeah I've already built a tolerance to all cannabis products including CBD, they no longer do anything for me. Worse yet is my tolerance to it doesn't reset when I stop taking it, it seems to be permanent =/

I have a feeling that if science every figures out the mystery to drug tolerances that the fix is going to be really complicated or impossible. My only solution I've come across is to frequently cycle through different meds.

post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-02-2020, 11:13 AM
SAS Member

Language: english
My Mood: Dead
i'm gonna have to try that!
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-03-2020, 08:06 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Yeah I've already built a tolerance to all cannabis products including CBD, they no longer do anything for me. Worse yet is my tolerance to it doesn't reset when I stop taking it, it seems to be permanent =/

I have a feeling that if science every figures out the mystery to drug tolerances that the fix is going to be really complicated or impossible. My only solution I've come across is to frequently cycle through different meds.

I am in a similar situation as you. Have you looked in Ketamine ? I know it's very expensive, but some studies have shown that it can help with anxiety as well as depression ..

Maybe you can look for a trial near you ? or a clinic near you that specializes in ketamine..

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5729569/
https://www.psychcongress.com/articl...atment-anxiety

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page