Just Lied To Get Nardil - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 04:23 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Just Lied To Get Nardil

well i'm not gonna lie about this i have been in mental health since about 14... even went to a special school with therapists around threw-out the whole school day in high school. Been on most TCA's SSRI's all the major Benzos got addicted to xanax at 2mg tid... doctor drooped me off it cold turkey had seizures and the worst dt's than on any drug ever from xanax also been on mood stabilizers, done all the main street drugs but cocaine. I was addicted to shooting up Oxycontin then meth, even recently used pcp.... I just went to the ER yesterday and lied to the doctor there about being on nardil for 3 years and how it has changed my life. One thing i think that helped my case is that i just recently moved to a new town I told them i was on 15 mg tid with meals. He wrote me out it weird though so i coaul only pick up 30 every 10 days is that a good starting dosage or what do you recommend all? Do you blame me for doing what i did? No pharmacies seem to carry it. I saw some where online it said to get it target to order it because the have the best generic . Im thinking as soon as i start taking it im gonna seek out every doctor that accepts my insurance until i get one that agrees to keep giving it to me.

Please any advice is welcome share your thoguhts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 05:23 AM
SAS Member

To get started i usually need 60-90mg. Usually you start high and then lower it once working to maintain.. it's going to be tough though trying to tell the doc you need a higher dose now since you've said you are already steady on 45mg.

Officially this is the dosage recomendation
Early phase treatment:
Dosage should be increased to at least 60 mg per day at a fairly
rapid pace consistent with patient tolerance. It may be necessary to increase dosage up to
90 mg per day to obtain sufficient MAO inhibition. Many patients do not show a clinical

response until treatment at 60 mg has been continued for at least 4 weeks.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 05:38 AM
ho hum

the american medical model is a travesty. be honest with a physician and they won't even prescribe aspirin, let alone anything you really need. cutting you cold from xanax? now that's compassion; way to go, 'doctor.'

you have done the right thing, my son. you are absolved.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 06:29 AM
Permanently Banned

Unless a pharmacy by chance happens to have a customer who takes Nardil I wouldn't expect them to stock it. I've read there are only an estimated 80,000 Nardil users in the entire world. (I get to enjoy the fun of playing the special order game with dextroamphetamine, which tosses in the additional fun of being a C-II.)

I don't see anything wrong with your lying. It's a most unfortunately reality that we live with a health care system that forces one to lie.

Given all the other meds you've been through, Nardil certainly seems a very reasonable choice. Despite you history of drug abuse, you're clearly not trying to get Nardil to abuse, given that it has no abuse potential. Lying to get something that you have valid reason to believe may help you with serious problems seems fully justified to me. Good luck.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper1431 View Post
To get started i usually need 60-90mg. Usually you start high and then lower it once working to maintain.. it's going to be tough though trying to tell the doc you need a higher dose now since you've said you are already steady on 45mg.

Officially this is the dosage recomendation
Early phase treatment:
Dosage should be increased to at least 60 mg per day at a fairly
rapid pace consistent with patient tolerance. It may be necessary to increase dosage up to
90 mg per day to obtain sufficient MAO inhibition. Many patients do not show a clinical

response until treatment at 60 mg has been continued for at least 4 weeks.
ok so here is the deal then... when I go to the new doctor ill just say they f'ed up in the er and i have been having rebound depression im really supposed to be taking 60mg then? or just go ahead with the 90?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 07:02 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winesipides View Post
the american medical model is a travesty. be honest with a physician and they won't even prescribe aspirin, let alone anything you really need. cutting you cold from xanax? now that's compassion; way to go, 'doctor.'

yea the thing is i am already plugged in with a mental health system here already and all the doctor wants to do is give me benzo's... i try then again last week clonazepam, seem when they star to wear off now (note he gave me prn ativan a wile back as well) when they wore off my emotions would just go wild having crying fits and feel suicidal (although i would never kill myself)
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 07:11 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winesipides View Post

In response yea when i moved to Washington for a few years to live with my
Dad the agency i plugged in with there filled my prescription once after seeing the bottle then that doctor quit then they had a new NP come and she just basically said she wasn't gonna give me anything and cussed me out and my dad when i tryed to tell her the TRUTH that i was on that dosage of Xanax for about 3 years... after i had a seizure and could not really keep any food down for about a week my dad threatened a law suit them so they gave me the good old Kpins 2mg twice a day....
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 07:51 AM
SAS Member

Some sort of "i've been feeling worse lately, i think i might need to try a higher dose" might do the trick.
See how you go on 45mg first, it can work for some people or might just take longer to work.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 07:14 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

ok so here is the deal... first dose of 15mg I felt a type of hypermania I never felt before... later that day I took another around 10ish... started having trouble breathing... I think thatís a form of hypotension... next morning took one effects got worse checked blood pressure it was 77 over 54... took another at lunch didnít help around 4 pm noticed a few changes was able to breath better.... here is what I think of nardil... itís like a mood stabilizer for me at least... started taking welbutrin 200sr 1x a day and gabapentin 300 3x a day with it.. now we are talkingÖ I feel the best I have ever in my entire life.... I take 15mg of nardil when I wake up with 200mg sr welbutrin and 300mg gabapentin. 300mg gabapentin at lunch then the same at dinner then 30mg of nardil at bedtime... here are my worries my insurance isnít covering it like the formulary said ...... not I have took some Adderall xr 10 mg with all this the other day with that in the mix I feel like I can finally get on with life and do my dreams........ Now its just to find a doctor to perscribe all of this and getting my insurance to pay for all of this....
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 08:17 AM
SAS Member

Oh my god dude, you got Nardil after me (I've been on it for four weeks as of today) and are already screwing around with contraindicted drugs. It takes 8 weeks on 60 or 75 mg to start working, then you can think about augmenting.

You'll never find a doc who will prescribe all that to you. Stop screwing around or you will end up dead or severely depressed.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 01:04 PM
SAS Member

45 mg (8 week)
60 mg (8 weeks)
75 mg (8 weeks)
90 mg (if you choose to go this high) OR AUGMENT.

follow, this don't go crazy and be fast.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 11:29 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraShy View Post
Unless a pharmacy by chance happens to have a customer who takes Nardil I wouldn't expect them to stock it. I've read there are only an estimated 80,000 Nardil users in the entire world. (I get to enjoy the fun of playing the special order game with dextroamphetamine, which tosses in the additional fun of being a C-II.)
I was floored today when a rather small seeming pharmacy had 90 tranylcypromine in stock.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 08:58 PM
On the Road to Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraShy View Post
(I get to enjoy the fun of playing the special order game with dextroamphetamine, which tosses in the additional fun of being a C-II.)
Odd, that. I work in pharma, and pharmacies are always ordering dextroamphetamine. Supplies have been limited for awhile now though. For a long time we had none in stock; we've just started getting it in again. Now, I'm taking paroxotine ER and that's been a bugger to get, I have to call ahead and make sure the pharmacy has it and/or have them order it for me.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 12:40 AM
SAS Member

Start at 15mg and work your way up 15mg each week until you reach 60mg.

You definitely dont want to start to high. The more you let your body adjust to the drug, the better the chances you will have less side effects and a better response.

Ive seen many peoples accounts saying they started at 60mg and they have a ton of side effects and no relief.

Theres nothing to lose with taking more time to work your way up!

Good luck!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page