is it ok to alternate olanzapine and clozapine? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 04:36 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

is it ok to alternate olanzapine and clozapine?

i would like to ask if its ok to take in alternate the two anti psychotic meds?for example i have take today at night olanzapine and tomorrow at night i will be taking clozapine and vice versa..is there any interaction with it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 07:40 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
Are you taking these for social anxiety mate?

Not too many forum members here have experience with antipsychotics.

So you might not get much in the way of responses.

Good luck anyway, hope you work it out.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

im currently taking clozapine for my psychosis ..olanzapine is prescribe by my doctor for me a year a ago but i stop taking it and switch it to clozapine as my doctor said ..but i would like to try to alternate the two meds..because i developed obsessive overthingking on clozapine when taking it in the long run..

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 08:48 PM
SAS Member

It might be best to talk to your doctor about this. I'm not sure how antipsychotic meds interact. You don't want to end up making yourself worse by switching them around.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

okay..i will try to ask my pdoc about this on my next schedule of my follow up checkup..anyway,thanks for your reply mate 🙂
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 03:55 AM
SAS Member

No problems man, I wish you luck with whatever you end up doing 🙂
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 08:49 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
Don't do anything without discussing about it with your doctor. No you should not alternate b/t Olanzapine and Clozapine. I heard that Clozapine cannot be stopped and you cannot skip a dose once taken as then you would have to start over with the initial dose again and would probably get dizziness when getting up or sth dangerous as far as I recall being told. I was also told that you would have to get off it in a certain way and you would have to do regular blood tests like once a week if you're on it as you can or will get a lot low white blood cell count and probably have a high chance of getting a seizure and that's why it's the last resort to take that one. I was also told that you can/would have a-lot of weight gain with that one, which can cause diabetes and probably even heart attack and stroke. I never took/tried Clozapine. I also was told that Seroquel would give you a lot of weight gain too and Olanzapine. You can also research online. I was warned not to take Clozapine. With low white blood cell count which helps fight infections, it's easy to get sick and not have enough fighting mechanism to fight the illness. From my recollection, I recall reading that Clozapine was addictive. I've tried different anti-psychotics before for having extreme anxiety from worrying about a type of situation but now I'm fine after talking about it, etc. Only 1 anti-psychotic I felt somewhat worked for me. If you don't have to take it, don't as it can cause tardive dyskinesia too. Good luck!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page